BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2015-11-21 11:57 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket)
Gooooo, Adrienne! (At this point you probably already went, but "Wennnnntttt, Adrienne!" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.)Our DL list isn't supposed to grow :/ Rest up this weekend, hurties.

2015-11-21 12:28 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
Originally posted by brigby1

This all dropped overnight.

So pretty! And heavy. Who's coming over to shovel?
2015-11-21 12:37 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Snowblower. Though there was the incident with the newspaper. 

2015-11-21 5:53 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Oh my!

2015-11-22 8:08 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Wow that's amazing!

We don't get snow here at all and today was 100* and windy. It's not even summer yet and we have had a number of fires all over the state. 4 people died in one in my home town.
2015-11-22 7:34 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
I watched the film The Martian the other night. All I could think about was imagine how many King of the Hill achievements he could have got and held on to.

2015-11-23 7:19 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Ouch, soggy newspaper chunks getting sprayed about?

2015-11-23 8:05 AM
in reply to: cdban66

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by cdban66

It actually held together quite well. Took some doing to get it out. On the plus side, my parents were able to see the power of Google in action. If you have a problem chances are so has someone else. And these days that means that means putting it online.

2015-11-23 9:12 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master

Teachers know that as elementary kids working on a paper maché project
2015-11-23 9:16 AM

User image

Master

It actually held together quite well. Took some doing to get it out. On the plus side, my parents were able to see the power of Google in action. If you have a problem chances are so has someone else. And these days that means that means putting it online.

hahaha! I had to test out the power of Google. "Newspaper stuck in..." snowblower was the first hit! Craftsman snowblower was the second. Was yours a Craftsman?

2015-11-23 9:38 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Richardsdrr I watched the film The Martian the other night. All I could think about was imagine how many King of the Hill achievements he could have got and held on to.

The book is really really good too!

2015-11-23 9:47 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by Richardsdrr I watched the film The Martian the other night. All I could think about was imagine how many King of the Hill achievements he could have got and held on to.

The book is really really good too!

I agree. So much better than the film, but then, aren't they always? Scott did a good job though, to do the book justice it would have had to be a 5 hour film
2015-11-23 10:02 AM

User image

Master

Busy weekend for me:

Went for an early 10k hike/run on Saturday morning. Felt better and faster than last week's...and hadn't even had coffee yet. I take that as a good sign for getting back to our routine.   No coyote sightings this time, though.

Midmorning we headed up to a Toyota dealership for a Land Cruiser get together that lasted a couple of hours. After that we had a 3pm kids' bday party for friends that moved north recently. That lasted til 9...with an hour + drive home.

Yesterday morning, J watched the kids for a few hours so I could ride with Kody since we didn't get to go on Thursday. 2 hours of actual horseback time without worrying about picking up Mak at school was super nice! J even had kids showered and dressed to go get haircuts when I got home. Sweet!

Another bday to celebrate last night for J's best friend. That lasted til 9 despite my attempts to leave earlier since it was a school night for T. At least they only live 2min away. lol

Hope everyone survived their weekends, and welcome to the first day of American turkey week  

2015-11-23 10:32 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Adrienne, how is the Subaru?

AMAZING! I  LOVE it.

I had mentioned I am not really a big car gal. But that beautiful sound of the boxer engine makes me smile every time! It's also been exceptional on the back roads. I didn't think it would be a big difference (in clearance) from my Jetta but it really is. I've only gotten to test in a little snow. I am hoping this will be a better year for that. Why do you ask?

Adrienne, I knew that this was in here, but I finally have an opportunity to reply (I am not a fan of the mobile site). 

Two fold question. 1) I am thinking about a replacement for my mini van and I think a Subaru is in the running. I'm not sure which one, or even what will be available when we are ready, however I think I'm down to the Outback or Crosstrek, but we'll have to wait and see. 2) You mentioned a while back that you are not a "car person" and I found that to be odd, since you are in a career that works closely with function and form.  So, with that in mind and TW's reaction to her BMW, I have figured out that there are people that like their cars (car people) and people that haven't found the right car yet (not car people). There may be other groups out there, but that's my 2 cents.

2015-11-23 10:33 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Whoa!  That IS a lot!

2015-11-23 10:39 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Mary - YAY to upping your running gradually and being able to run in the daylight! (I'm totally jealous)

Erin - fun, fun times for you with and without the kiddos!  Horse time is a nice way to get some 'you' time

Ben/Stacey - complete opposite weather for the two of you!  Stacey - hoping the wildfire situation decreases

2015-11-23 11:13 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by melbo55

Whoa!  That IS a lot!

Seriously. I am not mentally ready for it. But it's coming! :S 

2015-11-23 11:18 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Hi everyone - so what do our 'Merican manatees have planned for the holiday week? Anything exciting??

I am not doing great on consistency. I totally bailed on getting my third run in ... i need to shake it up a bit or just recruit my running buddy so i get out. I won't get to swim tonight because my DH is going to the Leafs' game with work so maybe i'll hit up our cold garage for some treadmail time. Any tips on making working out in the cold garage easier to start? I have no problem running outside in the cold but in the garage and seeing the temperature gauge at like 4C. Brrrr 

We did have a super fun time at the kids' christmas party hosted by DH's company and Felicity LOVED it! And we bought new appliances for our future kitchen as part of the reno. I'd really love to have them now but alas they wouldn't fit or work. So they'll stay on order with the company until next year.

2015-11-23 11:35 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Busy weekend for me:

Went for an early 10k hike/run on Saturday morning. Felt better and faster than last week's...and hadn't even had coffee yet. I take that as a good sign for getting back to our routine.   No coyote sightings this time, though.

Midmorning we headed up to a Toyota dealership for a Land Cruiser get together that lasted a couple of hours. After that we had a 3pm kids' bday party for friends that moved north recently. That lasted til 9...with an hour + drive home.

Yesterday morning, J watched the kids for a few hours so I could ride with Kody since we didn't get to go on Thursday. 2 hours of actual horseback time without worrying about picking up Mak at school was super nice! J even had kids showered and dressed to go get haircuts when I got home. Sweet!

Another bday to celebrate last night for J's best friend. That lasted til 9 despite my attempts to leave earlier since it was a school night for T. At least they only live 2min away. lol

Hope everyone survived their weekends, and welcome to the first day of American turkey week  

That is a busy weekend! Glad you're feeling better and faster -especially without the coffee!

When did kids start getting all of t-giving week off from school? And why wasn't it a thing when I was in grade school?!

2015-11-23 11:37 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by juniperjen

Hi everyone - so what do our 'Merican manatees have planned for the holiday week? Anything exciting??

I am not doing great on consistency. I totally bailed on getting my third run in ... i need to shake it up a bit or just recruit my running buddy so i get out. I won't get to swim tonight because my DH is going to the Leafs' game with work so maybe i'll hit up our cold garage for some treadmail time. Any tips on making working out in the cold garage easier to start? I have no problem running outside in the cold but in the garage and seeing the temperature gauge at like 4C. Brrrr 

We did have a super fun time at the kids' christmas party hosted by DH's company and Felicity LOVED it! And we bought new appliances for our future kitchen as part of the reno. I'd really love to have them now but alas they wouldn't fit or work. So they'll stay on order with the company until next year.

We have a super low key Thanksgiving planned. It'll be just the three of us so I'll still cook but nothing big planned. I'm thinking I'll make cinnamon rolls or something for DH to take to work for the poor folks at the airport who have to deal with Thanksgiving travelers.

As for the garage... can you set up a computer or television to watch? Orrrr I've seen several suggestions lately on running sites about fun dm workouts.

Since I haven't run in two weeks I had the time and energy to clean house this weekend!

2015-11-23 11:56 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by rrrunner

We have a super low key Thanksgiving planned. It'll be just the three of us so I'll still cook but nothing big planned. I'm thinking I'll make cinnamon rolls or something for DH to take to work for the poor folks at the airport who have to deal with Thanksgiving travelers.

As for the garage... can you set up a computer or television to watch? Orrrr I've seen several suggestions lately on running sites about fun dm workouts.

Since I haven't run in two weeks I had the time and energy to clean house this weekend!

I'll head down to S. Florida for T-giving, but probably won't leave til Thursday morning.  There will be about 13 people and 4 dogs, so on the quite side! On Sunday I'm running a HM back in my neck of the woods, so I am still debating whether I head home Friday or Saturday morning.

As far as making a cold garage more enticing for workouts - I've got nothing , sorry!  

2015-11-23 12:28 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Short version:  turkey trot, eat food, eat more food (maybe swim first).

My aunt and uncle are flying in from France.  They are staying with my parents (Aunt Pat is my mom's sister).  Kevin and I are going to my parents place across town for Thanksgiving afternoon.  In the new and different category, my somewhat estranged (or maybe just strange?) brother will be attending.  My mom's good friend is having gall bladder surgery tomorrow.  It's supposed to be arthroscopic and I think even outpatient but her surgeon said something like, "if the stones are in a place that we can't get to them, we'll cut you open and get them while you are under."  Anyway, Marva and her husband may or may not drop by.  My mom had planned for six (my and dad, aunt and uncle, me and Kevin) and now it has grown to 7-9 and she's getting freaked out.

My aunt and uncle have lived in France since 1980s.  They originally moved to Paris when the NY Times transferred my uncle to the International Herald Tribune.  Since my aunt was a food writer for the Times, it was not a tough decision for them!  They have a place in Paris and also a place in Provence.  They were in Paris the week of the recent terrorism but had planned to go to Provence that Saturday morning (the morning after the attacks).  I was glad that they stuck with their plans and left Paris.  My aunt gets into Raleigh today.  My uncle is actually in Lebanon, PA until Wednesday. 

On Friday, my aunt is doing a presentation at a local food specialty store. My mom and I are going to that.  My dad, uncle and Kevin are going to do a guys lunch thing.  I have no idea what my brother Dan plans to do.

Before all that, I am running in a turkey trot.

2015-11-23 12:43 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

hahaha! I had to test out the power of Google. "Newspaper stuck in..." snowblower was the first hit! Craftsman snowblower was the second. Was yours a Craftsman?

who still gets the newspaper? :p
2015-11-23 12:46 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by jmkizer

Short version:  turkey trot, eat food, eat more food (maybe swim first).

My aunt and uncle are flying in from France.  They are staying with my parents (Aunt Pat is my mom's sister).  Kevin and I are going to my parents place across town for Thanksgiving afternoon.  In the new and different category, my somewhat estranged (or maybe just strange?) brother will be attending.  My mom's good friend is having gall bladder surgery tomorrow.  It's supposed to be arthroscopic and I think even outpatient but her surgeon said something like, "if the stones are in a place that we can't get to them, we'll cut you open and get them while you are under."  Anyway, Marva and her husband may or may not drop by.  My mom had planned for six (my and dad, aunt and uncle, me and Kevin) and now it has grown to 7-9 and she's getting freaked out.

My aunt and uncle have lived in France since 1980s.  They originally moved to Paris when the NY Times transferred my uncle to the International Herald Tribune.  Since my aunt was a food writer for the Times, it was not a tough decision for them!  They have a place in Paris and also a place in Provence.  They were in Paris the week of the recent terrorism but had planned to go to Provence that Saturday morning (the morning after the attacks).  I was glad that they stuck with their plans and left Paris.  My aunt gets into Raleigh today.  My uncle is actually in Lebanon, PA until Wednesday. 

On Friday, my aunt is doing a presentation at a local food specialty store. My mom and I are going to that.  My dad, uncle and Kevin are going to do a guys lunch thing.  I have no idea what my brother Dan plans to do.

Before all that, I am running in a turkey trot.

Wait. So your aunt is Patricia Wells?? With all the cookbooks, who contributes to Runners World magazine for recipes and such? Who's like an authority on French cooking?? oh, okay, just a little starstruck - i was looking at one of her cookbooks in the library the other day. 

That is pretty darn cool

It is a lot going on - sorry to get on your aunt - i hope your mom can manage or you can enjoy enough wine to enjoy it  

2015-11-23 12:48 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

who still gets the newspaper? :p

Burn!  

More like freezer burn - ha!

Edited by juniperjen 2015-11-23 12:48 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket) Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 53591 Posts: 2576

2015-10-10 12:52 AM IndoIronYanti

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66014 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 27641 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 11700 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 65899 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.