General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Train for an early in the year or later in the year IM distance race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-10-12 7:33 PM

Subject: Train for an early in the year or later in the year IM distance race
Looking for some insights from those who have completed long distance events.

I know allot depends on which actual event you want to do and go to, but which do you feel is easier, better, funner to train for? An event in Feb--April where you train throughout the colder winter months or a Sept-Nov event where you train throughout the warmer summer?

Figure throughout the winter you don't get over heated but have to deal with the cold, have to swim indoors, and actual event will be hotter than most of your training. Of course then throughout the summer will mostly the opposite. Able to do any type of training, but heat will be a problem, but might not as bad in the actual event

BTW I live in Florida so the winter cold and summer heat is different than most more north of me.

2015-10-12 7:57 PM
in reply to: Tripleplay44

Subject: RE: Train for an early in the year or later in the year IM distance race
I prefer late season IM's. Even in FL, it can get cold biking in the Winter and the days are too short. FWIW: I've done IM's in July, Sept and Nov. April is perfect for Olympic distances.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Train for an early in the year or later in the year IM distance race Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Year to Year Training Volume

Started by dmiller5
Views: 622 Posts: 2

2012-05-31 8:27 PM jaelinfunk

Just do the training: Comparing Races from Year to Year Pages: 1 2

Started by AndrewMT
Views: 2138 Posts: 29

2011-06-15 6:13 PM uhcoog

One Year Later....

Started by elheffe99
Views: 1855 Posts: 23

2007-05-23 2:01 PM elheffe99

Registering for next years IM day after race

Started by rollinsw
Views: 831 Posts: 6

2006-06-22 6:05 PM max

one year later... Pages: 1 2

Started by imnotjoking
Views: 1426 Posts: 29

2005-05-27 9:34 PM billcarb
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 0
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : March 20, 2007
author : Diane1961
I ponder my training. Should I have trained differently? Should I have trained more? Should I have trained harder? Should I not be wearing a sail?

date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
comments : 1
As I have reflected over the Tri season this year, I thought about some of the people that I don’t think I will ever forget.