Site Issues Custom Training Plan Creator » Your race paces estimate Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-10-16 4:57 PM

User image

Trois-Rivieres, Quebec
Subject: Your race paces estimate

Hi again,

I make a custom training plan. I use it in the moment and something, I think is wrong.

When they ask us what is my race paces estimate, on the run I put 6:00 minute/kms. When I check my training programm, it ask me to train at zone 1 and 2. So it's ok I train, using my HR monitor, on zone 1 and 2. The problem is the distance we are suppose to do with the time of the training didn't match with my zone.

If my race pace, usualy my LTH speed, is 6:00 so I can't run 26 minute for 4.14kms.

So what is the most important the distance or the time I have to do?

Another question, I check and I don't do intervall training why? usually I read and we have to do intervall. All the training is on zone 1 and 2 so for endurance training I think could be ok but to be faster and work to do the distance and try to be better we have to do more, like hill or fartlek or intervall. Why it didn't ask use to do more.

I choose an Ironman programm for begginer. I did Olympic distance, I did 4 bike competition for 100 kms and more and did 4 half marathon. I can swimm, in the moment more than 2,5 kms at 2:20"/100m. So I try to do the Ironman training 3 swimm, 3 bike, 3 run and I will do before half Ironman to see what can I do after my training next summer.

Waiting for your answere,

Frank

X

2015-10-18 12:59 PM
in reply to: Frank50

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Your race paces estimate

Distance is most important in the training zones.  As far as interval work, any 'beginner' plan will not have many, if not any, intervals.  In designing the plan creator I couldn't assume beyond a shadow of a doubt how much a 'beginner' really was.  So a 'beginner' plan plays it safe.  if you choose a level 1 or 2 plan, it will start including intervals.

2015-10-22 2:50 PM
in reply to: Ron

User image

Trois-Rivieres, Quebec
Subject: RE: Your race paces estimate

ok thank you for your answere I realy appreciate it. Maybe I will check for the intermediat custom programm or I will put intervall by my own choice on some training.

Regards,

New Thread
Site Issues Custom Training Plan Creator » Your race paces estimate Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Is race pace my goal or current

Started by CBarnes
Views: 5146 Posts: 3

2022-02-15 10:45 PM geelongskiphire

Which paces for custum Ironman plan

Started by Syrvelo
Views: 1966 Posts: 3

2013-03-05 7:04 AM anthonyrivera0101

Changing paces mid-plan?

Started by Scottt
Views: 2348 Posts: 2

2011-08-26 8:51 AM Ron

pace input for custom plan

Started by tallvinny
Views: 2268 Posts: 2

2011-05-02 9:08 AM Ron

Two Suggestions, Prep Race Dates and In-Between Levels

Started by dar89
Views: 2115 Posts: 2

2011-04-04 8:35 AM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 28, 2012
author : EnduRight
comments : 0
Iron distance racing depends on the three pillars of pacing, nutrition and mental outlook. Training these three areas can significantly improve your race.

date : June 29, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on Ironman swim training without a pool and race pacing.
date : May 19, 2010
author : Patrick McCrann
comments : 1
Part 2 is about race day pacing, warming up and a discussion on the usefulness of powermeters and heart-rate monitors for half and full Iron distance races.

date : May 21, 2007
author : mikericci
Nutrition, hydration and pacing for the swim, bike and run of an olympic distance triathlon.
date : April 12, 2007
comments : 4
Warmup tips. Swim, bike and run pacing and heart-rate zones to be in by mileage.

date : March 9, 2007
Nutrition and pacing strategies for the beginner and intermediate sprint racers
date : March 20, 2005
Now is your chance! If you want to prove that you should be training at a faster pace you can prove it by racing faster.

date : October 24, 2004
author : tri-en
If you are like many runners you may be frustrated at racing 5K distances and never being able to run them faster. Improve your race pace with this flexible 12 week program.