General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My last race of the season got cancelled... Now what? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-10-17 5:52 AM

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: My last race of the season got cancelled... Now what?
The title says it all... I was gonna do Powerman NC on Oct. 31st but I got An email last night that the city, not Powerman, was canceling the race. So now I'm in the middle of my taper with no race... I hate to just end the season like that, but all the races I see are TODAY and then that's the end of the season. Any ideas?

I looked into some HM's and 5k's, but it looks like those are all over the holidays (turkey trot or mistletoe run etc.)

-Nate

2015-10-18 8:55 PM
in reply to: triathlonpal07

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: RE: My last race of the season got cancelled... Now what?
Bummers, that sucks.

This local group puts on mock events, and they have a Duathlon coming up Nov 14th. I have not done one of their events, but I hear they are really fun and free and they put on a good show with body marking and bike racks and the works. I plan on doing some of these next year.

Not the same as Powerman, but worth considering....See

http://clubthrowdown.com/
2015-10-29 2:29 PM
in reply to: triathlonpal07

User image

Elite
Whispering Pines, North Carolina
Subject: RE: My last race of the season got cancelled... Now what?
Originally posted by triathlonpal07

The title says it all... I was gonna do Powerman NC on Oct. 31st but I got An email last night that the city, not Powerman, was canceling the race. So now I'm in the middle of my taper with no race... I hate to just end the season like that, but all the races I see are TODAY and then that's the end of the season. Any ideas?

I looked into some HM's and 5k's, but it looks like those are all over the holidays (turkey trot or mistletoe run etc.)

-Nate

that's a bummer. seems like that's happened a lot this fall.

Bragg 10 miler on Nov 5th.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My last race of the season got cancelled... Now what? Rss Feed