General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wheels to fit Specialized Transition Pro Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-09 4:44 PM

Subject: Wheels to fit Specialized Transition Pro
Hi team,
I've been lent a speshy Transition as per the attached picture to see me through to IronMan NZ in March 2016. I'm considering sourcing some better wheels for it, however it seems standard wheels don't fit. By this I mean I have a set of Fulcrum Quattro's on my road bike and I attempted to put these on. The front was no problem, and the rear went in OK, however would not actually turn as the spokes more than rubbed against the chainstays in at the chainring end.
Taking a closer look I noticed the wheels on the bike have a much narrower profile, with a spacer where they fit into the dropouts.
I'm hoping this is clear and makes sense to someone.

The question is what wheels will fit the narrow frame? Is this normal for TT bikes, or was it a once off thing that speshy have since moved away from? I know the specific bike has had other wheelsets in it, but unfortunately the original owner died so is not around for me to ask these questions of.

Thanks for your help

(speshytransition.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
speshytransition.JPG (71KB - 5 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wheels to fit Specialized Transition Pro Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

2008 Specialized Transition Pro...

Started by freestyle
Views: 2218 Posts: 7

2021-02-14 2:10 PM IronNinja

specialized transition comp 2010 stock or chinese carbon TT frame with zipp wheels & sram red grpset

Started by hoov
Views: 2126 Posts: 6

2011-12-23 7:37 AM Trilambs

2008 Specialized Transition Pro?

Started by jamgam
Views: 2608 Posts: 6

2011-04-27 3:27 PM rbishop01

do u know anything about the specialized transition?;

Started by trigirl069
Views: 884 Posts: 6

2005-07-24 11:26 PM jase714

2004 Specialized Allez Pro Bike

Started by daveskar
Views: 1388 Posts: 1

2005-01-18 6:54 PM daveskar
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 27, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Hint: It's not a one-person job

date : March 17, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 5
Being a pro triathlete is even more boring than you might have thought
date : April 14, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
The bike fitters at Fit Werx talk about all the components of a triathlon bike fit and how it relates to aerodynamics and the individual.

date : April 13, 2007
author : B-One
comments : 8
This article estimates how much time can be saved in sprint races by converting from stock aero wheels found on most tri bikes to more aero disk and composite spoked wheels.