General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Tri Buddies Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-27 3:37 PM

Chesterton, Indiana
Subject: Looking for Tri Buddies
I am looking for some people to train with. I don't have any friends in the sport and am tired of trying to make my friends train with me. Haha. I am currently training sprint triathlons at beginner level I live in Chesterton and I have a membership at Omni. In the warm months, I do my biking mostly on the bake path and some running there too. If anyone is interested in starting a group, or know of a group I can join, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

2016-05-24 11:32 AM
in reply to: #5153960

Subject: RE: Looking for Tri Buddies
Have you raced at all? Any times you can throw out there??? My Bf lives in portage and looking for training buddies
2016-05-24 9:10 PM
in reply to: Emilykm11

Bummer, I just moved away from that area. From Chesterton, I'd recommend heading out east, forget that boring bike path. The roads east of Route 49 are fantastic for riding and you'll even find a couple hills once you get east of 421.
2016-06-05 8:57 PM
in reply to: #5183520

I live in Crown Point and ride the bike trail on occasion, swim at the Y and any lake I can. I am currently training for the 1/2 in Racine, Louisville, and the occasional Olympic / Sprint. What kind of times are you posting? Right now I am around 1hr sprint and a little over 2:30 oly.
2016-06-22 9:00 AM
in reply to: OmniTrained

User image

I don't know how I missed your thread here. I live in Portage and regularly ride to Chesterton and back via the Duneland bike trail. I kinda slowed up on that route a bit lately though because of the road paving in Porter, which appears to be done now. If you're interested in a group, there's NWI Tri, which meets in various locations monthly. They also have training sessions on a somewhat regular basis. Dues are only $35 a year.

I'm currently training to do my first tri; it's going to be the Valpo tri in a few weeks.

Take care,

J White
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Tri Buddies Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

looking for a swim coach

Started by sloar
Views: 1217 Posts: 3

2009-12-29 5:55 PM mycarguy

Looking for entry for Carmel Tri in April

Started by smoom
Views: 1246 Posts: 6

2009-04-18 8:32 AM smoom

Displaced IT Guy looking for job

Started by tjtryon
Views: 1048 Posts: 4

2009-02-28 9:32 PM Afletcher

Looking for tri recumbant to beg/borrow to try

Started by tjtryon
Views: 865 Posts: 1

2008-06-03 2:49 PM tjtryon

Last minute entry to Boilerman, looking for Aero Wheels

Started by tjtryon
Views: 1092 Posts: 3

2007-09-10 12:58 PM tjtryon
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 17, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 13
I have pedals with the cage and when I ride 2+ hours my legs feel much more tired then if I took out my husband's bike with clipless pedals. Do clipless pedals truly make the difference?

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.

date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !