General Discussion Triathlon Talk » EARLY risers nutrition input Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2015-12-06 8:35 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

Subject: RE: EARLY risers nutrition input
If I am in town I go to the gym at 6 a.m. after rising at 4:45. I will do my usual breakfast of sauteed vegetables and two eggs. In the sautee mix is usually a chicken sausage. I find that I do better if I have eaten something versus not. I always have coffee. My workout consists of :45 min of exercise and weights, followed to :30 to :45 of cardio on the bike and / or treadmill. For me, eating something that is low carb (just the carbs present in the vegetables) but containing fat in the form of olive oil or maybe some avocado is good fuel and has been effective to set the furnace for fat burn: 35 lbs in about six months while adding muscle mass.

Your results may vary.

2015-12-07 8:56 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Whispering Pines, North Carolina
Subject: RE: EARLY risers nutrition input
Originally posted by d.wilk

Originally posted by d00d

• ..my green smoothie consists of kale, spinach, avocado, and broccoli with a scoop of protein (about 25 grams) and a scoop of beet powder.

• that just sounds horrible!...I drink kale and spinach blended together with water in my Vitamix, but I have to gag it down

Although I don't have trouble drinking any of the smoothies I make, I do at times add a few "sweeteners" to make them a bit easier to "gag down". Kiwi, apples, blueberries, cherries, and bananas are all great (and highly nutritious) foods that add consistency and improve taste.

I agree with smoom about OJ. In fact, I hardly drink juice unless I make it, and making it is just hard work (not to mention, expensive).

I like the idea of keeping muscle milk (or other protein drink) readily available. During a build for an event, I normally double up workouts (morning and lunch) and don't always have access to a good recovery drink for the second workout.

Edited by d00d 2015-12-07 8:59 AM
    New Thread
    General Discussion Triathlon Talk » EARLY risers nutrition input Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

For you early risers

Started by McFuzz
    Views: 1048 Posts: 9

2007-09-06 8:09 PM fgray

Women's input for HIM nutrition

Started by GatorGirl22
    Views: 1013 Posts: 6

2006-09-09 4:08 PM Whizzzzz

Props to the early risers... Pages: 1 2

Started by CubeFarmGopher
    Views: 2026 Posts: 30

2006-07-11 2:49 PM shepherd

how to become an early riser Pages: 1 2

Started by robin314159
    Views: 1566 Posts: 37

2006-06-01 5:58 PM DerekL

Nutrition for EARLY races

Started by roelke
    Views: 1052 Posts: 6

2005-04-05 10:50 PM roelke
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : December 22, 2011
    author : writingrunner
    comments : 1
    Where to find the time WITHOUT getting up early

date : December 8, 2009
    author : Team BT
    comments : 0
    Top experts in triathlon nutrition answer your common training and race day nutrition questions.
    date : August 20, 2008
    author : mrakes1
    During this past weekend's Olympic distance triathlon, lack of fuel and dehydration hurt me during the run. I feel a little lost with knowing what, when and how much to consume.

date : August 20, 2008
    author : Nancy Clark
    For many athletes and active people, nutrition is their missing link. Here are a few ABC’s to get you started on the path to winning with good nutrition.
    date : August 17, 2007
    Use this guide as a tool to perfect your nutrition during all three disciplines in a triathlon. Because not everyone requires the same quantity of macronutrients, be sure to practice your plan.

date : February 12, 2007
    Now is the time to practice, perfect and master your training and racing nutrition. Especially for the beginner triathlete, this is the time for developing an individualized nutrition plan.
    date : January 1, 2007
    author : Nancy Clark
    With the coming of the New Year, athletes commonly think about making nutrition resolutions. Good thing, given only 3 to 4% of Americans follow all of the established Dietary Guidelines.

date : April 2, 2006
    author : acbadger
    I have been able to swim 200-300 yards without stopping for the past couple of weeks, but this morning I couldn’t swim more than 50. Could not eating make a big differance?