Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » The New Super Sprint Category Debuts this Season Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2016-04-08 9:55 AM

Subject: The New Super Sprint Category Debuts this Season
RE: http://www.multisportcanada.com/tri/the-new-super-sprint-category-d...

Kudos to John Salt and the Multisport Canada team for being innovators and helping recognize this distance outside the "give-it-a-try" nomenclature in Ontario.

The Super Sprint is common in the UK, Australia and some parts of Europe. I have been a big fan of the 220 Triathlon magazine and shocked at how many Super Sprint events they have.

This is great for those who have fast twitch (Type IIB) muscle fibers but also have a much faster rate of fatigue and can't last as long before they need rest.

I can go on a rant about how I have witnessed many "give-it-a-try" races and hearing spectators in the background bashing experienced athletes for doing theses race...but will leave it alone!

Looking forward to doing a few of these races.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » The New Super Sprint Category Debuts this Season Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

A Reflection of the 2008 Tri Season

Started by tristar1
Views: 923 Posts: 2

2008-10-14 7:47 PM Jyles16

Let the Tri/Du Season begin!

Started by tristar1
Views: 1325 Posts: 11

2008-05-23 1:18 PM Bopper

Off season/WInter training

Started by latestarter
Views: 1059 Posts: 4

2008-06-10 10:53 AM DaveH

Looking for some off season fun??

Started by Elly
Views: 1084 Posts: 8

2007-05-14 11:16 AM Elly

Off-season

Started by jknapman
Views: 1261 Posts: 9

2006-10-16 6:31 PM randi1
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 30, 2013
author : Ron
comments : 1
We have new 10 and 20 week training plans for the New Year! These mini sprint plans are very conservative and will get any person thinking of training for a triathlon ready to cross the finish-line.

date : December 21, 2012
author : sallyddrake
comments : 0
Off-Season thoughts for new triathletes including indoor training, Computrainers, heart-rate training and strength training.
date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
I bought a new road bike in April and want to know how to properly maintain it during the season when I'm riding often and during the off season.

date : October 7, 2008
author : didds
Cotswold super sprint - UK. Lots of bodies colliding, I swam half over someone, got kicked by some bloody breaststroker, and as a mob we poured towards the first buoy.
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.
date : July 30, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
Since I didn't have much time and since it's a super sprint, am I OK just go to at the training relatively hard through Thursday or even Friday?

date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.