BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Part deux Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 98

2016-07-20 7:33 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2016 - Part deux
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by popsracer

I had hoped I would never have to write this message but it's time.  Most of you know I have been sick.  If fact, I was very ill seven years ago and was blessed enough to train and do so many races while in remission.  Many of you shared my adventures with me as I got to share in yours.  A huge part of the life I love which I have written about in the past has been your friendship and camaraderie.  After being on the site for years, I was so thrilled and still am to be a manatee.

So, I was informed recently that this disease will take my life soon.  I guess this is good bye and my chance to tell you all how much you mean to me.  It would be easy for me to ramble on a bit I think it best to keep it short and sweet.  I wish you all the best in all your journeys. 

Steve, really sorry to hear.

Steve words can't express how sad I am to read your post. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful positive attitude with us.

2016-07-20 7:39 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I had hoped I would never have to write this message but it's time.  Most of you know I have been sick.  If fact, I was very ill seven years ago and was blessed enough to train and do so many races while in remission.  Many of you shared my adventures with me as I got to share in yours.  A huge part of the life I love which I have written about in the past has been your friendship and camaraderie.  After being on the site for years, I was so thrilled and still am to be a manatee.

So, I was informed recently that this disease will take my life soon.  I guess this is good bye and my chance to tell you all how much you mean to me.  It would be easy for me to ramble on a bit I think it best to keep it short and sweet.  I wish you all the best in all your journeys. 

I am so sorry to hear this.  I am tearing up just typing this.  I am glad that we got to know you through BT and that we got to share the Manatees.  Thinking of you and your family.

2016-07-20 7:45 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by IronOx

:'( I am so sorry Steve. I am so grateful to have had the chance to get to know you a little bit. Your attitude has always been so great and I have learned a little about how to face adversity from you. Thank you for being a great dad to your boy that he will grow up to be a great man too. Bless you.

I am really sorry to hear too but can only echo what's said above. You definitely are always a positive voice and someone with a zest for life. It seems quite unfair but what can you do but live and enjoy what you have... i am still really really sad to hear this. It can't be easy for you or your family. Big hugs and positive thoughts. 

2016-07-20 8:26 AM

User image

Expert

I'm sorry, you and your family are in my prayers.
2016-07-20 9:01 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Steve, I am so sorry to read this. You have been the model of perseverance and perspective. You always have a kind word for others and understand that the race we each take is our own. Your love for family has shone brightly as has your zest for life. When I get home tonight, I will crack open a craft beer and drink it with you, my friend. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

2016-07-20 9:10 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Steve--so sorry for you and your family. I wish we had gotten a chance to meet last year--will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm awed by how active and involved you continued to be despite your illness--you're a great role model for your son and everyone else.

2016-07-20 9:19 AM

User image

Munich, Bayern

I am really sorry for you and your family. I think that staying active means a couple more months for you.
I will pray for you and your family.
2016-07-20 9:20 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Falls Church, Virginia
Steve - you are the strongest person I have never met. I'm so sorry to hear this news, and my thoughts are with you and your family. Once a manatee, always a manatee. Please know that you and your positive attitude will ALWAYS be a part of the fabric that is this group.
2016-07-20 9:26 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by jmkizer

I am so sorry to hear this.  I am tearing up just typing this.  I am glad that we got to know you through BT and that we got to share the Manatees.  Thinking of you and your family.

[/QUOTE  Very sorry to hear this, Steve. That disease SUCKS.    Prayers for you & your family.

2016-07-20 9:34 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Nancypops -- I've called you that ever since the women's race -- you've had my prayers and love every single day since your re-diagnosis.

Once a Manatee, always a Manatee. {MELON PRESS} forever, and I will see you on the other side. 

All the peace and strength in the world to you and all your loved ones as you go through this part of the journey. <3 Until we meet again. <3

2016-07-20 10:24 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Steve I read this post as I headed out for my morning run. I spent that run thinking of you, and praying for you and your family.  If there is anything we can do for you or for them please let us know.

As the others have said, your positivity is contagious. You are a bright spot and you will be missed.

Also I thought I would mention this... after my mother's passing last year I wanted more to understand Heaven and it's relationship with those still in this life. Someone suggested I read Heaven by Randy Alcorn. It is Biblically based and has at least given me some solace. Perhaps it could help your family as well.

I pray God's peace on you and your family.

2016-07-20 11:16 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Katy, Texas
Steve - there are no words. You are an inspiration. Prayers for you and your family.
2016-07-20 11:36 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Steve, as a new manatee I didn't get the privilege of getting to know you very well but I too with you the best during this difficult time and we're all thinking of you
2016-07-20 11:56 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Steve, my heart is breaking for you and your family. You are an inspiration to many, including us manatees. May peace be with you and your family as this journey begins.
2016-07-20 12:05 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Veteran
Southampton, Ontario
Hi Steve, I am new around here so I cant say I have the pleasure in knowing you but I thought of you during todays run. Spend quality time with your friends and family, those will be the memories that they will remember the most. Take care.
2016-07-20 2:51 PM
in reply to: DaveL

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Steve.....I don't even know what to say. I echo what everyone has already said.

I always look forward to your responses to my posts because they were always helpful and you are so sincere in what you write and do.

Tell your family that your Manatee family that they are in all our thoughts although we've never met............

2016-07-20 2:51 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

Steve.... I feel honored for knowing you, having your advice, always positive words, and seeing your journey with training and the disease.
I wish I could say anything more. You will always be my inspiration and motivation!
2016-07-20 4:08 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Steve I am so sorry to hear this. I'm glad that you were able to spend some time doing things that you wanted to do. You and your family with be in my thoughts and prayers during this time.
2016-07-21 7:04 AM
in reply to: JJ-

User image

Raleigh, North Carolina
Originally posted by JJ-

Steve I am so sorry to hear this. I'm glad that you were able to spend some time doing things that you wanted to do. You and your family with be in my thoughts and prayers during this time.

Steve, I'm so very sorry for you and your family. Even though I've been on here a short time, you have been an inspiration.
2016-07-21 7:30 AM
in reply to: awm007

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

Originally posted by awm007
Originally posted by JJ- Steve I am so sorry to hear this. I'm glad that you were able to spend some time doing things that you wanted to do. You and your family with be in my thoughts and prayers during this time.
Steve, I'm so very sorry for you and your family. Even though I've been on here a short time, you have been an inspiration.

I'm so sorry from your news. I hope what life you have left will be pain free and allow you to spend it with your family. I only found out recently  that my Father knew his cancer had turned terminal. I don't think I would want to know myself. I can't begin to understand how that feels, the knowing. Thinking of you and your family.

2016-07-21 10:03 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Steve. I am sorry. I wish I had gotten to know you better. You have been such an inspiriation for me in the short time I have been in the Pod. Thank you and peace.

2016-07-21 10:11 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Seattle
Steve, I think it's incredible how you got to spend your last seven years in remission; being active, spending time with family and drinking good beer. Hell, you even ran some women's races. We all know that was no accident I'm glad to have gotten to share a little part of each of those things with you. Running a few of the same races, meeting your son, wife and brother and of course, having a beer or two. I think you should rock your New Balance RC5000S from here on out. You earned them. I hope the rest of your days are filled with all good things, my friend.
2016-07-21 10:29 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I can only echo what others have already said - I'm so glad that you're a Manatee (once a Manatee, always a Manatee!) and have shared your wisdom & positive energy with us.  You and your family will be in my thoughts & I hope you'll spend all of your time laughing & feeling all kinds of love.  

2016-07-21 3:49 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
Bronze member

It feels odd to post this today. I was going to earlier and, well, it seemed odd. However, in the spirit of the circle of life, I welcomed my first grandchild yesterday. I am not a "kid person" in spite of being a rather awesome step mom. So when I get all teared up in love with a baby... well.... it is magic.

Welcoming Lilliana Caroline Gregg to the world.

(Lilliana Caroline.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Lilliana Caroline.jpg (427KB - 4 downloads)
2016-07-21 3:54 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

She is absolutely gorgeous, Robin!  I AM a kid person, babies are my favorite!  I'll come snuggle the little doll any time you want.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Part deux Rss Feed  

of 98

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 21, 2014
author : Tre_bor
comments : 3
The running aspect of an Ironman triathlon is a marathon. Most people take on a marathon as a single event and the training for this uses up a lot of their time. Here are some tips for the run.

date : December 9, 2013
author : Tre_bor
comments : 7
So you want to become an Ironman?! Are you sure...? It's not a light undertaking. I will attempt to help you make it through without making too many rookie mistakes.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.