General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Stages Power Meter Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-03 9:50 AM

User image

New user

Subject: Stages Power Meter
Till now I have always used heart rate for training and racing but have long considered adding power to my training and racing regiment. Since I have three different bikes using a stages power crank would make switching from road to TT fairly simple. Was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this subject or has had experience with the Stages product. Thanks in advance.

2016-05-05 12:12 AM
in reply to: #5180091

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Stages Power Meter
I'm curious to what Stages owners have to say too.

I have a Stages on my Tri bike, and Quarqs on my Road and CX bikes. I've only used the Stages 3x outside so far, used it a ton indoors with my Kickr.

I found it read high compared to the Kickr and compared to the Quarqs it's blocky. In that the power reading is not very smooth and seems to be a bit high on the road too. Firmware is current and battery is fresh. It's also prone to interference and drop outs where other sensors are nearby (more of a in the garage and on the trainer scenario for me).

So far I'm not super impressed and like the Quarqs better.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Stages Power Meter Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Stages Power Meter with Felt B16

Started by tb1000
Views: 1886 Posts: 2

2014-03-21 8:33 AM jrensink78

Power Meter : Stages....what do you think?

Started by Jorgito22
Views: 1850 Posts: 8

2013-08-27 8:46 AM Jorgito22

Power Tap v iBike Power Meter

Started by JonathanRohr
Views: 2783 Posts: 3

2010-11-22 12:40 PM brucemorgan

iBike power meter vs. VDO power meter

Started by whitecloud
Views: 1254 Posts: 3

2010-01-06 11:38 AM gsmacleod

iBike Power Meters & Buying a power meter used

Started by jcbolton
Views: 1112 Posts: 3

2009-08-14 8:11 PM guppie58
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 24, 2011
author : jasongootman
comments : 0
In part three, the coach answers questions on power meter workouts, threshold calculations and how strength training affects power.

date : May 5, 2011
In part two, you will learn several power meter workouts from race intensity, to aerobic and anaerobic workouts.
date : March 18, 2011
In part one, you will learn the fundamentals of power training and the benefits of training with a power meter.

date : April 19, 2009
Learn how a power meter can serve a role as a race-reconnaissance tool and to help in pacing so you don't go out too hard. Race power analysis included.
date : December 3, 2008
What is power training? In this first part, learn the terms and definitions associated with power training. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.

date : October 21, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 1
Training with a power meter will make sure that you are spending every minute on the bike effectively. Racing with a power meter will keep you humble and in your proper zones on race day.
date : May 7, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussion on training and racing with power meters, differences between power meters, Kona preparation, Ironman pacing and nutrition and Ironman swim seeding.

date : April 1, 2008
author : sportfactory
comments : 1
How will a power meter help my cycling training and racing? A few questions and answers will help determine if a power meter will be good for you.