General Discussion Triathlon Talk » hydration system leaking Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-06 12:05 PM

User image

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Subject: hydration system leaking
i have finally taken my tri bike out for a long ride and my profile design FC35 leaks like crazy due to roughness of the trails and what not.

Does anyone have any tricks to reduce leakage from hydration systems?

2017-04-17 10:18 AM
in reply to: slides

Subject: RE: hydration system leaking
I got the FC35 last year (early 2016) and it leaked on EVERY SINGLE RIDE. I put in a longer, more flexible straw. I put a Camelback bite-valve on the end. I wrapped it in saran wrap. I sprayed it with the infomercial crap that is supposed to keep your boat afloat after someone inexplicably cuts it in half. I cut sponges and glued them to the bottle and others to the mount to prevent vibration. I tried only filling it halfway. IT LEAKS!

I love the convenience of this thing. I love having my computer right between my hands. I love the volume it holds But i'm also ready to throw it away. Leaking sport drink has already cost me a front caliper.

If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » hydration system leaking Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Should I get a hydration system?

Started by ragingferret
Views: 794 Posts: 4

2007-06-14 10:24 AM Donto

Rear Mounted Hydration Systems

Started by joerigg
Views: 720 Posts: 2

2006-09-22 11:14 AM rkreuser

PodiumQuest 'Revolution hydration system'

Started by tpetersen02
Views: 1869 Posts: 5

2012-07-06 11:59 AM handerson2005

Bike Hydration Systems-Never Reach

Started by Mick55
Views: 1272 Posts: 3

2005-06-10 11:51 AM waskelton

hydration systems for running

Started by madeye
Views: 1565 Posts: 17

2005-05-11 11:04 AM dovmike
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 15, 2013
author : XLAB Hydration
comments : 0
XLAB Launches the Latest Rear Single Bottle System, the DELTA 300

date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Details on how athletes can connect with registered BT coaches for training plans and personal triathlon coaching.
date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Details on how to use the 'Coaching System' to coach your athletes.

date : February 18, 2008
author : Ontherun
comments : 7
Looking for a liquid hydration system for your runs? We review the unique Amphipod RunLite 4 belt hydration system. Other than a few small issues, it has performed well.
date : August 17, 2007
author : mrakes1
Use this guide as a tool to perfect your nutrition during all three disciplines in a triathlon. Because not everyone requires the same quantity of macronutrients, be sure to practice your plan.

date : November 19, 2006
author : AMSSM
While regular and moderate exercise such as light jogging has been shown to boost immune system function, more vigorous exercise can suppress the immune system.
date : July 5, 2005
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
The company’s first two offerings are an aerodynamic hydration system and a saddle bag repair kit. PodiumQuest sets itself apart by paying attention to the little things.

date : March 21, 2005
author : jduscio24
Hydration and glycogen is the key to success in any sport. If you’re missing one, your game is going to suffer tremendously.