General Discussion Triathlon Talk » sudden rise in heart rate Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-09 9:04 AM

Subject: sudden rise in heart rate
HI all. I experienced something new for me this weekend and wanted to see if others have experienced the same and if my self diagnosis is right. On Saturday I did a long brick (for me) 50 mile bike followed by 3 mile run. I felt really good on Saturday and had a really strong pace on the brick run. Then on Sunday I headed out for my long run of 10 miles. I was cruising (or trudging) along in zone 2. Things felt sort of tough from the get go but kept a decent pace and my HR in check until mile 8 when HR started rising. nothing really changed that much in terms of actual or perceived effort by HR climbed @ 30 bpm (20%). I'm guessing I wasn't recovered enough from Saturday's effort and my body was calling a time out? I've been notoriously poor at re-hydrating / recovery fueling and something I really need to improve on. Note on my long run I brought along a fuel belt with some Gatorade endurance and water. it was first time using Gatorade endurance but wouldn't think that would be the culprit. thanks in advance for any intel.
-Patrick
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » sudden rise in heart rate Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Rising Heart Rate

Started by Pete1234
Views: 876 Posts: 7

2013-04-16 11:46 PM leedyb

High heart rate and breathing rate after bike

Started by derekh25
Views: 1156 Posts: 3

2004-08-19 9:32 AM triman50

Resting Heart rate has risen.

Started by getting fit to tri
Views: 846 Posts: 2

2004-01-22 8:43 AM Ron

heart rate on the bike

Started by trilover
Views: 1441 Posts: 19

2003-12-08 6:02 AM cameronw

Heart Rate Monitors

Started by Rio
Views: 1651 Posts: 19

2003-11-26 7:49 AM cameronw
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 14, 2010
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
In this second part, AJ will show you how your training pace and heart rate training zones are setup from the results of your lactate threshold test.

date : October 24, 2005
author : mikericci
comments : 0
The schedule consists of 3 workouts per week in each sport, 2 days of strength training and core work too. The maximum volume is around 7 hours toward the end of the 12 weeks.
date : July 17, 2005
Yesterday I found that my heart rate was maxed at 95% and averaged 80% for the bike and run with no breathing problems. However, I just couldn't seem to get more out of my legs. Thoughts?

date : April 24, 2005
author : dara
An explanation about how the cardiovascular system works, so that it makes more sense about how the human body responds to exercise in the heat.
date : April 10, 2005
author : Ontherun
comments : 1
Most of us have gone up and down in weight so often that we have lost count. What we are looking for is a steady loss of weight which often is not found.

date : November 29, 2004
author : chrisandniki
So for the triathlete, where do you begin? Which model is best? Here are some features to consider before looking at specific models.
date : August 30, 2004
author : sherrick
comments : 2
Becoming a Better Animal: How to Effectively Use Your Heart Rate Monitor.

date : August 30, 2004
author : sherrick
Becoming a Better Animal: How to Effectively Use Your Heart Rate Monitor.