General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pill Nutrition Storage / Drink Mixing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-10 9:45 AM

User image

Subject: Pill Nutrition Storage / Drink Mixing
Good morning everyone. 2 questions I'd appreciate some feedback on:

1. I've started using pills like Hammer's Anti-Fatigue Caps and Salt Stick to get my sodium/nutrition needs but I'm yet to figure out how best to store them during a race. Thus far I've only used them in training and have only taken them before my bike or run. I've got a bento box but if I throw them in there loose they tend to get pretty nasty from the heat and I'm yet to figure out a solution for the run. Does anyone else use any of these supplements and if so, where do you keep them on both the bike and run?

2. If anyone trains with Hammer perpetuem or HEED, what have you done to keep if from turning into a cup of hot tea on the bike? I train and generally race in TX so by about mile 25 I find it goes from refreshing to warm and chalky pretty quickly.

2016-05-10 10:15 AM
in reply to: TXTriRook

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Pill Nutrition Storage / Drink Mixing

In the past, I've used an empty mentos container or Tic Tac box to store pills - any kind with a 'flip top' opening is easy to pop open with one hand. Also easy to store in your jersey pocket or your bento box.

2016-05-10 12:21 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Subject: RE: Pill Nutrition Storage / Drink Mixing
Originally posted by lisac957

In the past, I've used an empty mentos container or Tic Tac box to store pills - any kind with a 'flip top' opening is easy to pop open with one hand. Also easy to store in your jersey pocket or your bento box.

Thanks, great idea!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pill Nutrition Storage / Drink Mixing Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Pre/Race/Recovery sports drink mix

Started by boiler
Views: 3398 Posts: 7

2010-03-28 1:19 PM agarose2000

Drink mix on the bike leg

Started by AlexanderSmith
Views: 1016 Posts: 5

2009-11-16 11:25 AM AUSQuest

Sport drinks/mixes

Started by mhr99a
Views: 1185 Posts: 5

2008-09-04 6:57 PM TriathletePT

Best tasting recovery drink mix

Started by sistinas
Views: 7772 Posts: 23

2008-09-17 9:22 AM dodgersmom

Sports drink mix

Started by Tri40
Views: 972 Posts: 2

2004-01-17 5:05 AM snikpos
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 30, 2015
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 2
Energy Bars, Gels & Electrolyte Replacers: Are they essential sports foods?

date : March 15, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
"I've tried several sport drinks during training for last years CDA race and all ended up giving me incredible gas problems during the run."
date : October 29, 2008
Triathlon nutrition discussions on trail mixes and calories, regular skim milk vs. organic skim milk vs. soy milk and whey protein.

date : June 17, 2008
Sport drinks replenish what is lost during exercise, such as electrolytes, water, sugar, while energy drinks are designed to provide a boost in energy.
date : May 19, 2008
comments : 2
Alcohol and athletics is a dangerous duo. Serious recreational runners drink more than their sedentary counterparts. This article lists several of the negative consequences of alcohol.

date : March 5, 2008
comments : 3
Why do you think you need to take so many pills? Look instead at your eating patterns - not vitamin deficiencies - as contributing to the low energy.
date : August 17, 2007
Use this guide as a tool to perfect your nutrition during all three disciplines in a triathlon. Because not everyone requires the same quantity of macronutrients, be sure to practice your plan.