General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Your Favorite Blog & Podcast Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-12 9:43 AM

, Vermont
Subject: Your Favorite Blog & Podcast
Thought it would be great for everyone to post their favorite blogs about triathlon, endurance sports, healthy living, etc.

I'm finding a lot of triathlon blogs that are horribly outdated and hoping some of you have some fresh reads or listens.

Thanks!

2016-05-12 10:19 AM
in reply to: ninagski

Subject: RE: Your Favorite Blog & Podcast
I am still searching for some regular reading material that is current, let's see what everyone suggests.
2016-05-12 1:07 PM
in reply to: wuaname

I enjoy the Triathlete Training Podcast with Eric Schwarz. Good mix of guests and interview subjects.
2016-05-12 2:45 PM
in reply to: 0

Scottsdale, AZ
My favorites:

Endurance Planet
IMtalk
Ben Greenfield Fitness
Underground Wellness Radio

Can't get thru my commute or long runs without these!

Edited by runspingirl 2016-05-12 2:45 PM
2016-05-12 2:46 PM
in reply to: ninagski

User image

Podcasts

• Triathlete Training Podcast. Awesome podcast with great interviews, a variety of different guests and topics. The only downside is it's quite irregular. 
  • Tower 26 - Be race ready podcast. Focusing on swim training specifically for triathletes. Has been going for 8 episodes and I absolutely love this one. Probably the number 1 podcast I look forward to atm.
  • Fitter Radio - Great NZ podcast with several different segments to keep you engaged. Both discussions and advice of the two hosts, and interview segments with a triathlete (typically a pro

If you follow along with the pro circle in triathlon then I'd also recommend Babbitville radio and TRS Radio. Other podcasts you might want to give a try are Triathlon Swim Training (Tri Swim Coach), Cup of Tri podcast and Endurance Planet.

Blogs

Can I make a shameless plug here and direct you to my own? :P I'm fairly new to the game, but trying to get more consistent all the time, and be more focused on beginners and intermediate age-groupers, as I feel there are already a whole lot of blogs out there for those that are really serious about the sport. 

My favourite other blogs are

• Joe Friel's Blog. Depends on what you like, it can be a bit technical and Training Peaks focused sometimes, but the man is a true wealth of knowledge and an excellent writer.
  • Training Peaks. They have a really high-quality blog with top coaches and experts providing the value.
  • Cody Beals does a great personal blog on life as a triathlete, with a lot of it being very applicable to all of us. I'm pretty new to reading this blog, but it's quickly becoming my absolute favourite.
2016-05-12 3:32 PM
in reply to: MikaelEriksson

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

My favorite blog is call Daily Trainings and I am starting a training plan for a 70.3 in October so I should be updating it frequently.

It's corny, but it's mine...all mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2016-05-12 4:32 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Originally posted by jford2309

My favorite blog is call Daily Trainings and I am starting a training plan for a 70.3 in October so I should be updating it frequently.

It's corny, but it's mine...all mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 :D
2016-05-13 10:20 AM
in reply to: Leegoocrap

User image

Extreme Veteran
http://trstriathlon.com/radio/TRS radio (not doing shows for now) and

http://theagegrouper.com/the epic fail episode is the funniest podcast I have heard in a long time (again there do not have many shows)

I like fun shows not technical shows
2016-05-13 5:04 PM
in reply to: #5181386

I too like triathlete training. Eric is a great host and I get lots of useful info from the mix of guest

I also listen to Zen and the art of tri sometimes.
2016-05-14 4:16 AM
in reply to: ARtridad74

User image

I regularly listen to Endurance Planet (although Tawni's voice gets to me a bit) and Fat Burning man (Abel James) but my favorite at the moment is The Rich Roll podcast.

He takes a pretty expansive view, not just about training and technique, more so interviewing interesting people linked to the sport and nutrition that have something to say. Well worth a listen IMO

2016-05-14 5:38 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by MikaelEriksson

Tower 26 - Be race ready podcast. Focusing on swim training specifically for triathletes. Has been going for 8 episodes and I absolutely love this one. Probably the number 1 podcast I look forward to atm.

• Fitter Radio - Great NZ podcast with several different segments to keep you engaged. Both discussions and advice of the two hosts, and interview segments with a triathlete (typically a pro
  • If you follow along with the pro circle in triathlon then I'd also recommend Babbitville radio

I spend a lot of time on the trainer and I listen to podcasts

IMO, Fitter radio is probably the best all round podcast these days.
    The host is an AGer that just won IM NZ,, a coach and very knowledgeable. The podcast is broken down into nice bite size chunks. There is always a nutrition segment, a training segment, a geek section and a pro/elite interview.

Tower 26 is THE goto resource for swimming. I love the way Gerry cuts through a lot of the swim BS out there.

IM Talk also from NZ is good for news.

I pick and choose the Babbitt interviews.

I will listen to Zen, EP and a few others when travelling but I find the information questionable at times.

Lionel's blog can get interesting. Cody also provides great info.

Edited by marcag 2016-05-14 5:52 AM

New Thread
    General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Your Favorite Blog & Podcast Rss Feed  
    RELATED POSTS

Favorite vs. least favorite pool Pages: 1 2

Started by sunmonkey72
    Views: 3866 Posts: 35

2016-05-16 2:01 PM Nick B

USA Marathon Podcast & Yasso 800 Podcast

Started by kpallen
    Views: 596 Posts: 1

2006-10-13 11:49 AM kpallen

Triathlon Podcast

Started by surfandturfnj
    Views: 1365 Posts: 10

2006-08-08 8:38 AM Steve in IL

PodCast

Started by lexington476
    Views: 822 Posts: 5

2005-11-03 7:02 PM SimplyStu

favorite recipes from moosewood low-fat favorites

Started by autumn
    Views: 1313 Posts: 1

2005-02-06 8:16 PM autumn
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : March 5, 2009
    author : mrakes1
    comments : 0
    Discussions on an eating plan to lose weight, lean protein sources, being hungry, recovery foods, eggs and Marni's favorite supplements.

date : April 19, 2005
    author : Ron
    comments : 0
    How to configure and use your triathlon training log or blog.