General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another Newbie Here Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-16 3:01 PM

User image

Subject: Another Newbie Here
HI everyone, I have recently joined the BT site and I have been training for about two months now. My husband has been doing Tri for a couple of years and is currently doing the Olympic distance with a plan for a 70.3 in Arizona in October. Strangely enough, it looked like fun as I already run and have a road bike. What I didn't do is swim, but I've now taken up the challenge. I've been swimming twice a week (most weeks) for about 8 weeks now. I am slow and working on form, but I feel better as I did about 450 yeads continuous in 10 minutes the other day during a mini indoor tri that my gym hosted. I was happy to be able to go continuous that long so I decided to also drop in on the Tri swim club where a coach works with the group on form.

Boy did I learn a lot in that one session.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

2016-05-16 4:00 PM
in reply to: harada.gal

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Another Newbie Here

Hi!  Congrats on your swim progress and your smart approach to improving your swim.  A tri club and/or a coach can potentially be good resources for improving form and technique.  Keep up the good work!  Are you registered for any races yet?

2016-05-17 8:15 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Welcome and good luck!  You'll find a ton of good information here.

2016-05-20 9:56 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

I have registered for two sprints:

One in Graeagle, CA July 3rd, which has a shorter swim in a "mill pond". I am hoping it will just remind me of the ponds we used to swim in as a kid so I don't freak out. This is the one I was watching my husband last year compete in and thought to myself, I could probably swim that far. Guess that is where I caught the bug.

The other in mid August in Fallon, NV. The swim is in a pool then a nice bike ride on a very flat course and a short run.

I am guessing once I do these I will know if I want to keep it up, but I think I will as I am really enjoying the training. I love the fact that I get to do something different everyday.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another Newbie Here Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Newbie with a "newbie question"

Started by dbrook1
Views: 1304 Posts: 4

2013-05-18 8:48 PM dbrook1

SC Newbie & FL Newbie Brothers Training 360 miles apart

Started by b2673ad
Views: 1379 Posts: 2

2009-07-15 8:40 PM McFuzz

2nd Yr Newbie - 1st day Newbie to BT

Started by laurabuchholz
Views: 1246 Posts: 6

2009-04-01 7:36 AM lkagop

Newbie to Tri and newbie to Portland OR

Started by semiller
Views: 1093 Posts: 3

2006-09-07 11:36 PM lostviking

another newbie

Started by cameronw
Views: 1337 Posts: 6

2003-11-14 6:44 AM cameronw
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 24, 2015
author : BradSeng
comments : 0
While running, I've been really struggling to keep my heart rate down in the zone 2-3 range as frequently prescribed in the plan. This seems too slow?

date : July 30, 2012
author : jamesjbettis
comments : 4
Because triathlon can become a lifestyle, it can also become very complicated. But, it doesn’t have to.
date : November 9, 2010
author : lithelola
comments : 5
A bumbling non-athlete makes her determined way to the Nation's Triathlon finish line!

date : February 7, 2008
author : nxm165
comments : 1
Initial adventures of another 40-something entering the world of tri.
date : January 29, 2006
author : seveerneb
comments : 44
How to consistently come in last place and enjoy it. By a real expert.

date : July 31, 2005
author : Mottyl
comments : 6
I had read the articles on BT, I'd trained, and I thought I had prepared. There were, however, a few things that I didn't internalize despite what I'd been told.
date : November 14, 2004
author : eclaire
comments : 0
Newbie blunders teach the mind to overcome the moment, and always have fun!