Other Resources The Political Joe » Britans vote to leave UE Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-06-24 11:19 AM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Subject: Britans vote to leave UE
I was just wondering on what you guys think about it... Long and short term consequences... How this could affect US. And how it could relate to November vote..

2016-06-24 12:41 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: RE: Britans vote to leave UE
It could be massive layoffs and recession in US and the world. Most because the stock market dropped and well that is what happens if the market drops.
2016-06-24 12:45 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

If the British people would have voted to stay in the EU it probably would have kept the EU stable, at least for a while, and likely would have been more beneficial to the United States.  However, ruthless dictators running third world countries are also usually beneficial to the United States.

As for the Brits, the sovereignty of their parliament and their laws was the issue.  The Brits decided that they no longer wanted their sovereignty and power to be controlled at a European level.  I can't blame them and would have voted the same.  As it is, I believe too much power has been granted to or taken by the federal government here in the United States.  I can't imagine a scenario in which a North American Union comprised of the United States, Canada, and Mexico was given the power and control over the United States similar to the EU.

As for the elections in November, it is hard to tell.  Clinton and Obama were against the Brexit and I wouldn't attempt to affix an actual policy to Trump.  If the European economy takes a sustained dive such that it negatively affects global economies into the fall, then it would appear to be beneficial to Trump since resent polling suggests people think he would be better for the economy.   Either way, I'm voting for Johnson/Weld.

2016-06-24 12:47 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by chirunner134

It could be massive layoffs and recession in US and the world. Most because the stock market dropped and well that is what happens if the market drops.

Or you could call it a prime buying opportunity in the US markets.
2016-06-24 1:13 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by mdg2003

Originally posted by chirunner134

Or you could call it a prime buying opportunity in the US markets.

Basically, it's SALE on Wall Street
2016-06-24 1:16 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado
I am not an expert, and I am not that much involved since I moved out of Europe, but as far as I read GB was being opposed to plenty of the EU regulations and was trying to stop/delay some of the decisions. I can imagine the drop in the market is just an initial shock for the economy.

2016-06-24 1:37 PM

User image

Master
Falls Church, Virginia
My husband is an English expat with a Scottish mum. He's livid about Brexit, and concerned about stability for the UK. Ireland's tenuous peace could fall apart, Scotland's second independence referendum will get a lot of attention, and Gibraltar wants to go back to Spain. My in-laws vote a split of remain/leave, so while I myself would have been Remain, I do understand the feelings of those who voted Leave. There is a lot of anger and unhappiness in the UK, particularly among the working class. While on the outside you can say people voted Leave because they wanted sovereignty, in actuality I think people voted Leave because to vote Remain meant to stick with the status quo. And when you aren't happy, why would you do that?
2016-06-24 5:56 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Originally posted by Hook'em

If the British people would have voted to stay in the EU it probably would have kept the EU stable, at least for a while, and likely would have been more beneficial to the United States.  However, ruthless dictators running third world countries are also usually beneficial to the United States.

As for the Brits, the sovereignty of their parliament and their laws was the issue.  The Brits decided that they no longer wanted their sovereignty and power to be controlled at a European level.  I can't blame them and would have voted the same.  As it is, I believe too much power has been granted to or taken by the federal government here in the United States.  I can't imagine a scenario in which a North American Union comprised of the United States, Canada, and Mexico was given the power and control over the United States similar to the EU.

As for the elections in November, it is hard to tell.  Clinton and Obama were against the Brexit and I wouldn't attempt to affix an actual policy to Trump.  If the European economy takes a sustained dive such that it negatively affects global economies into the fall, then it would appear to be beneficial to Trump since resent polling suggests people think he would be better for the economy.   .

Well said
2016-06-25 8:24 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro
Originally posted by chirunner134It could be massive layoffs and recession in US and the world. Most because the stock market dropped and well that is what happens if the market drops.
BUY!!!! The market will always come back....its guided, ultimately, by people who are heavily invested in it.
2016-06-27 9:40 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by chirunner134It could be massive layoffs and recession in US and the world. Most because the stock market dropped and well that is what happens if the market drops.
BUY!!!! The market will always come back....its guided, ultimately, by people who are heavily invested in it.

Well I just bought my first condo so right now that is where all my money is going. (Well money I save buying it I using to build some cash reserves).
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Britans vote to leave UE Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Love this Guy! I am voting for him!

Started by jford2309
Views: 539 Posts: 2

2016-02-18 4:33 PM ChineseDemocracy

How can you vote for ben carson Pages: 1 2 3

Started by dmiller5
Views: 3863 Posts: 65

2015-12-04 10:14 AM tuwood

Supreme Court stops use of key part of Voting Rights Act

Started by DanielG
Views: 2172 Posts: 22

2013-07-03 3:23 PM TriRSquared
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 12, 2014
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Varicose veins plague an estimated 20% of our population and those who are fit and active are unfortunately not immune. These tortuous veins are early manifestations of chronic venous disease.

date : April 17, 2014
author : thehomegirl
comments : 4
I think the biggest thing I've learned is to quit worrying about what everyone else thinks. If I let that get to me too much I would not be the fine triathlete I am today!
date : August 24, 2009
I sometimes have severe pains on the top of my left foot. It feels like a knife is stabbing my inner foot on the outer portion of my foot. These pains happen mainly at night but not while riding.

date : May 25, 2009
I strained my left hamstring over two years ago and thought I had gotten past it. Yesterday, it hampered me quite a bit and it felt like it was on the edge of giving out again.
date : October 15, 2008
At about the 1/2 mile mark my left soleus becomes extremely tight and painful. The pain then progresses into my left arch and then into my left knee.

date : May 12, 2008
I started having trouble a couple months ago with a tightness and almost numbness in my anterior left leg and top of foot during running. It feels sort of dead.
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.