General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Saddle Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-07-13 9:42 AM

Subject: New Saddle
I need to get a new saddle for my tri bike. The one I am on now is completely uncomfortable and is beginning to make me not want to ride.

I know that Cobb will let you return saddles, and I know some stores might have an exchange program as well.

With that said, where would you start if you needed a new saddle? Would you give Cobb a whirl, given their reputation and return policy? Is there a better place to begin? Would you start at your trusted LBS?

Thanks,
Matt

2016-07-13 12:57 PM
in reply to: mstimpson

Subject: RE: New Saddle
google demo saddles. there are a few online retailers that will let you demo a few saddles for small fee that will go towards purchase of a saddle. LBS is best bet if they have a good selection and will let you spend a bit of time on different saddles. I'm in the market myself. I've been pretty happy with my Adamo but gotta be that perfect perch out there for me.
2016-07-13 12:59 PM

User image

I'd say go with Cobb see if it works.  I went through tons of saddles, including the prior Cobb model, until finally settlng on the JOF 55, great saddle for me.  But everyone will react differently.   I tried other manufacturers and then sold them for about purchase price after they didn't work out, but just can't beat the 6 month Cobb return policy, makes life easier

2016-07-13 2:45 PM

User image

Master
Bellevue, WA
2016-07-15 12:25 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Greenwood, South Carolina
Originally posted by ChrisM

I'd say go with Cobb see if it works.  I went through tons of saddles, including the prior Cobb model, until finally settlng on the JOF 55, great saddle for me.  But everyone will react differently.   I tried other manufacturers and then sold them for about purchase price after they didn't work out, but just can't beat the 6 month Cobb return policy, makes life easier

X2

Love, Love, Love my Cobb saddle
2016-07-15 7:55 PM

User image

Regular
Tucson, AZ
Matt, I would absolutely start with Cobb Saddles. In fact just call them up. They are super knowledgable and will likely put you on the seat they think you have the best chance of working for you.

You can also save 10% with a code from my site: http://www.thomasgerlach.com/2014/08/cobb-cycling-coupon-code-save-...

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Saddle Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

new saddle, new position

Started by sharkbait!
Views: 622 Posts: 3

2014-03-12 8:34 AM jonnyo

New Saddle, (Adamo Road) New Knee problems??

Started by JasenGuy
Views: 844 Posts: 9

2012-08-07 11:25 PM JasenGuy

New Saddle or New Camera?

Started by ubersteiny
Views: 1152 Posts: 21

2011-12-29 11:55 AM popsracer

new bike, new saddle, OUCH

Started by TheSchwamm
Views: 685 Posts: 3

2010-03-05 7:47 AM rjp7204

How to pick a new saddle

Started by Dlaxman31
Views: 598 Posts: 7

2006-04-11 5:29 PM briderdt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : March 13, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
I cannot get comfortable without the nose of the saddle being tilted down. I have tried many different seats and had two professional fittings, but still have excessive numbness and discomfort.
date : February 17, 2009
author : sportfactory
Finding the right bicycle saddle is often a confusing process of trial and error for cyclists. However, a little education goes a long way, and will perhaps save you some pain and discomfort as well.

date : October 8, 2008
Is it more important to be as steep as you can go and uncomfortable, or be in a more comfortable position and sacrifice some aerodynamics?
date : September 9, 2008
What is your opinion on cleat position? Is there a general rule that you follow when you first fit an athlete?

date : September 9, 2008
Many things will influence your triathlon bike position, but if you are forced to set your position up on your own, there are several overall guidelines that should help.
date : September 5, 2006
author : Writebrained
The ISM Adamo Racing Saddle is difficult to define. It doesn’t look like a bicycle saddle. It doesn’t mount like a bicycle saddle. And yet, it does feel like a bicycle saddle.

date : February 28, 2005
author : Don Magie
Whether your bike is new, new to you, or you have not been on the bike for a long time, you really should spend some time thinking about how your bike fits you.