Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » July 31st: Hamilton - Biathle and Triathle Events! Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2016-07-20 12:41 PM

User image

Veteran
Elmira, ON
Subject: July 31st: Hamilton - Biathle and Triathle Events!
There is an upcoming opportunity to participate in biathle and triathle events or also a combined event trial.

In 2 weeks on July 31st, Embrace Open Water swimming will be holding their second annual open water Swimfest near Hamilton.
In partnership with Pentathlon Ontario, Biathle and Triathle events will be held as part of the event. The Triathle event will be an excellent opportunity for athletes to compete in a combined Run-Shoot while also experiencing open water swimming.

Biathle and Triathle are UIPM sanctioned sports that combine the combined event of Modern Pentathlon with open water swimming. Rules and details about the sport can be found at
http://www.pentathlon.org/development/triathle/

Entry will be $20 , or, if you want to participate in all events including regular open water events found at links below would be $50.00

Information about the other open water events can be found at:
https://embraceopenwater.com/product/open-water-swimming-festival/

If you have any questions OR want to register , please contact Christopher Rudolph at
[email protected]

The above was sent to me from Pentathlon Ontario. Not sure if anyone is interested in trying a Triathle or Biathle but it sounds like fun for a morning. I have registered as well as my son.

For masters (over the age of 30) the Triathle is:
-5 shots with laser pistol (5 hits or 50 seconds whichever comes first)
-100m swim
-600m run
-the above x4
(Laser pistols are provided by Pentathlon Ontario. All you need is swim gear, and running gear. Tri suit is best for the quick transition.)

-Location: 792 Safari Road Millgrove, Ontario Between Cambridge and Hamilton off of Hwy 6.
-You DONT need any experience in Modern Pentathlon, or Biathles or Triathles. You dont need to know how to shoot and Pentathlon Ontario is very accommodating.
-Its open from Youth upto Masters. (My son is 8 and is participating.)

If your interested in more information, other distances, age groups, setup, etc. Christophers email is: [email protected]

2016-07-31 7:12 AM
in reply to: TheCrownsOwn

Master
Kitchener
Subject: RE: July 31st: Hamilton - Biathle and Triathle Events!

This sounds really cool.   WIsh I had seen it earlier.   Was actually going to swim at Gulliver's today but decided on Guelph Lake instead.    Couldn't access the link you provided on the triathle info.   

2016-08-02 10:10 AM
in reply to: latestarter

User image

Veteran
Elmira, ON
Subject: RE: July 31st: Hamilton - Biathle and Triathle Events!
It was an interesting event. More so cause I got to see an OWS competition...distances upto 10km. All I can say is wow...the caliber of athletes doing this kind of stuff is amazing!

UIPM just updated its websites...sorry about the broken links!

Here are more updated ones:
http://www.uipmworld.org/sport/uipm-triathle

All the rules, regs, and boring stuff no one likes to read :
http://www.pentathlon.org/wp-content/uploads/Triathle-rules.pdf

Now back to traithlon! Lakeside wont swim bike run itself!

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » July 31st: Hamilton - Biathle and Triathle Events! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Kensington Bike Ride - 7am July 31st

Started by tabbs
Views: 730 Posts: 2

2010-07-29 9:29 AM ff_jeff

I think Hamilton deserves an Ironman

Started by smhammond
Views: 920 Posts: 5

2009-05-11 10:15 AM jackedaniels

Gravenhurst Tri - July 13 (Multisport event)

Started by tristar1
Views: 1158 Posts: 7

2008-07-02 8:28 PM tristar1

C3 ATHLETES DOMINATE AT THE 2006 NATIONAL DUATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS IN HAMILTON

Started by geoffs
Views: 1466 Posts: 2

2006-05-22 8:14 AM Elly

Around the Bay Race - Hamilton

Started by Ironbubba
Views: 1096 Posts: 2

2006-02-24 5:14 PM jonow6
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 11, 2007
author : Cinci41
comments : 1
My thinking was that with three events, I could vary my training enough so it wouldn't grow stale prior to seeing positive results and finding the additional motivation I needed to continue training.

date : October 4, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
comments : 0
I was filled with anticipation for this event, as it was the first in what I hoped would be many triathlons, and I had no idea how I'd do.
date : June 5, 2006
author : mikericci
How should I go about training for the marathon while also building base in the other two events? Doing this seems like it's causing me to break the 10% rule in running.

date : May 1, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 1
Topics include Ironman training, nutrition, focus weeks, balance, running form, SPL, powermeter, coaching and minimal training time for events.
date : November 27, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 2
Know that base training is not a component of training that is going to necessarily make you faster, but it will make you stronger and give you more endurance to last through the longer races.

date : October 2, 2005
author : AMSSM
Knowing where the fluids are, how they will fit on your bike, how much to reach for, and when to reach for it should be understood prior to ever setting foot on the course.
date : May 30, 2005
author : Team BT
Hamilton has vowed to fight the allegations and “clear his name.” Is he guilty? You decide.

date : January 24, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Your training schedule should be based completely on the hours you have available to train, not necessarily on the number of hours you "need" to train.