General Discussion Triathlon Talk » cycling gloves Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-07-28 10:57 AM

Subject: cycling gloves
I have read some posts on different forums about cycling gloves and most talk about protection for hands. Since I have been increasing my ride time to 1 hour or 2, I have noticed how slippery my hands become on the handle bars (I have crossover fitness bike, not a road bike). I wondered if slippage is much of an issue for any of you with a road or tri bike. I plan to buy a road bike soon, probably get some clip on aero bars... will it be an issue for me? I do see the benefit of protection as I have taken a few minor spills, and though not much of problem with hands abrasions, I can sure see how it could be an issue! Thanks.

2016-07-28 2:30 PM
in reply to: beginner18

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: cycling gloves

Welcome to BT!

I wear gloves whenever I'm outside on my bike. Mostly for the protection and also for wiping sweat etc.

I never really thought about them also being a way to keep my hands from getting sweaty on my roadie but it probably is a factor.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » cycling gloves Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cycling gloves with good padding?

Started by krludwig
Views: 823 Posts: 5

2008-03-02 1:43 PM bigscarymonster

Winter Cycling Gloves

Started by bobbybizz28
Views: 946 Posts: 12

2006-12-13 10:34 AM autumn

cycling gloves & computer

Started by nbo10
Views: 681 Posts: 7

2005-11-16 3:48 AM macfights

Cycling Gloves?

Started by Capt. Dave
Views: 940 Posts: 6

2005-11-09 11:33 AM huengsolo

Ironmnan cycling gloves- anyone tried 'em?

Started by GatorGirl22
Views: 720 Posts: 4

2005-08-03 3:48 PM clflgrl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?

date : May 18, 2011
author : Troy Jacobson
comments : 3
How to get faster and still keep your job and family
date : February 22, 2011
author : AMSSM
Is cycling the true cause of my overactive bladder problem? Is there some alternative to medication?

date : March 20, 2009
author : mikericci
comments : 0
This month's fun and fast training will help you improve performance and raise your metabolism so that you are feeling a bit hungry all the time and really burning up those calories.
date : February 16, 2009
Start getting fit and losing weight in the New Year with our beginner cycling program. For month two, we are increasing the intensity and duration of the workouts.

date : January 18, 2009
Start getting fit and losing weight in the New Year with our beginner cycling program. This program can get you fit and ready to then start any of our sprint or olympic triathlon training programs.
date : October 8, 2008
author : FitWerx
How do you determine VO2 max for cycling? I have my HR zones from a time trial, but don't know how to get VO2 max out of that.

date : August 7, 2007
author : sportfactory
comments : 1
Cyclists may be at risk of developing CTS due to long hours spent in one position. These eight tips can help you prevent carpal tunnel syndrome while grinding out those long hours on the bike.