General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New bike shoes buying suggestions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-08-06 7:44 AM

Subject: New bike shoes buying suggestions
Morning all

I recently came into some splurge money and had all these different things to spend it on. Everything thing from some B&W speakers to IWI Tazor.

After I got over those sill thoughts I would really like a new pair of shoes. I current have Specialized Tri shoes and have never really liked them. They are just too narrow and there is extra room in front of my toes and my feet complain. I bought them based on cost and thinking I really needed racing shoes.

Now I am older and want comfort. My mind goes right to SIDI, but am really open to suggestions. I run in Pearl Izumi E-Motion shoes because they fit so well. My local shops are really slim on selection so in reality I would probably drive down to Fraser Bike or the Tri and Bike shop in Southeast Michigan. I plan on buying the week of the 15th, my next time off. As far as racing, well that seems to only happen once a year so, it's all about riding comfort these days.

So lets spend some money
Joe

2016-08-06 9:51 AM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: RE: New bike shoes buying suggestions
I used to have a set of Specialized shoes for my MTB and found them to be narrow (I find the same thing with Nike running shoes). I have a couple of pairs of Sidi shoes and really love them. Over XMas bought a new pair and got a great deal on some NorthWave road shoes. Absolutely love them!
2016-08-06 10:10 AM
in reply to: #5194234

I have some specialized tr-60 shoes and love them. Not sure if those are what you have but I got a clearance deal in them at rei.
2016-08-06 2:34 PM
in reply to: Ericallenboyd

User image

Veteran
Southampton, Ontario
I have 3 pairs of bike shoes, MTB are LG - These have a few minor rips in the material after only a year. Bont Tri shoes, These are nice and stiff but they also have developed some minor wear and a rip around the heal. OLD!!!!! MTB Sidi's. These are 20+ years old, I have had to sew the velco back on but the leather is still rip and wear free and soles are still stiff. The yellow bottom lugs on the soles have crumbled and worn away in the 20+ years so they are only used indoors on the trainer now. I will be replacing my LG shoes with another pair of Sidi's.
2016-08-07 12:35 PM

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
I don't know enough about every type of different shoe, but one thing I absolutely love having in my bike shoes are custom inserts. I've always had some in my snowboard boots and I did a bike fitting and noticed the place I went to did the inserts so I set it up. I'd spend some money on those if you have the chance and are looking to blow a few bucks.
2016-08-07 5:08 PM

, Wisconsin
I've got Shimano road shoes and tri shoes. They both are very comfortable and fit me well. Both were bought on sale at very good prices. I was able to try the tri shoes on in a store and then I gambled a bit when I ordered the road shoes on line, hoping the fit would be very similar and it turned out to be. Sidis look awesome but I don't think I could make myself pay that much, I'm too cheap.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New bike shoes buying suggestions Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Toe pain/New shoes suggestions

Started by Blastman
Views: 975 Posts: 11

2014-07-14 8:22 AM Spillicus

Suggestions for transferring cleat position to new shoes?

Started by axteraa
Views: 1405 Posts: 4

2012-05-22 8:30 AM axteraa

New running shoes - where to buy?

Started by jpf5911
Views: 904 Posts: 8

2010-06-06 5:14 PM HAPPD

What to expect from a bike shop when buying a new bike

Started by BadPitBull
Views: 1111 Posts: 8

2009-12-27 2:07 AM red66stang

Suggestions needed for new running shoes?

Started by cecjap
Views: 976 Posts: 5

2008-11-26 2:30 AM DanielG
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 25, 2014
author : jtriathlete
comments : 12
I'm jumping back into the long-distance races next year and I'm wondering the best way to spend my money? Should I buy a new bike or a powermeter and race wheels?

date : December 12, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
We are often asked the question, "What size frame should I buy" and the answer is “it depends”. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, but hopefully the following will shed some more light.
date : April 22, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I got a new pair of the same size / brand of shoes and started running on them. On my left foot, the toe next to the big toe starts to get a little painful and goes numb after the first 1-3 miles.

date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
I bought a new road bike in April and want to know how to properly maintain it during the season when I'm riding often and during the off season.
date : August 13, 2008
author : say78
In February, I was given a very special gift: a gift certificate to buy a nice road bike. That's when I realized there was no turning back. I WAS doing this.

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.
date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
comments : 1
Well I said that I was not going to do it this season, but I cracked. I broke down and bought a new bike. I went out and bought a shiny new Cannondale road bike.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
2004 Product reviews for stability shoes for neutral foot types