General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim, bike, run @ TriChallenge Mamaia 2016 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-08-19 7:13 AM

Subject: Swim, bike, run @ TriChallenge Mamaia 2016
On September 10th 2016, Mamaia will host the eighth edition of the TriChallenge [http://www.trichallenge.ro/en/].
The oldest seaside resort is putting on sportswear and opening its very heart to the biggest triathlon competition in Eastern Europe and the Balkans. Siutghiol Lake, the Mamaia Boulevard (from Navodari to Aqua Magic), the Rex parking, the promenade and the beach, all will be animated by the 1500 participants who will swim, bike and run.

This year, TriChallenge will take the form of a festival made up of three parts:

* The competition for amateurs and professionals at the Super Liga
* TriKids – aquathlon and duathlon for children
* Evening cross-country running – “Beach Run”

RACES

You can register to one of the individual or team races

Individual races

Supersprint Race – 400m swim + 10 km bike + 2.5 km run
Sprint Race – 750m swim + 20 km bike + 5 km run
Olympic Race – 1500m swim + 40 km bike + 10 km run

Team races

Sprint Relay Race: 750m swim + 20 km bike + 5 km run
Olympic Relay Race: 1500m swim + 40 km bike + 10 km run
* A team consists ONLY of 3 persons; a person who attend in individual race CANNOT be part of a relay.

For registration click here: http://www.trichallenge.ro/en/registrations/.

Amateurs will have the chance to take part in the race that suits them best, both for individual and relay races. There is already a tradition according to which TriChallenge Mamaia completes the series of road triathlons of the Romanian Triathlon Federation (Romanian Triathlon Series) and the Mamaia event is the Grand Final.

The run and bike races will take place on the road, in maximum safety conditions, the traffic being blocked, on a 100% flat surface, along different courses (on Mamaia Boulevard), while the swimming will be done in Siutghiol Lake, which is very suitable for those wishing to take part in their first triathlon.

The TriChallenge Mamaia Festival will continue with the children’s event, which consists of two races:

* the aquathlon (swim and run)
* the duathlon (run and bike)
The competition is open for registration to children aged between 7 and 12.

On the same day, Saturday, the Mamaia promenade and beach will turn into running tracks for exercise lovers. For the second year in a row, TriChallenge Mamaia will include a 4-kilometer cross-country race, open to all ages and levels of training. This will basically mark the end of the sports races and the beginning of the award ceremony.

(trichallenge 2016.png)

Attachments
----------------
trichallenge 2016.png (1643KB - 5 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim, bike, run @ TriChallenge Mamaia 2016 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Running in 2016

Started by scottficek
Views: 654 Posts: 1

2015-09-27 9:23 PM scottficek

New 2016 Bike announcements?

Started by GeauxHard
Views: 1278 Posts: 4

2015-06-27 8:12 PM jeremyscarroll

Full IM 2016 or 2017?

Started by ulf.lundh
Views: 2732 Posts: 17

2015-09-18 9:10 AM bcagle25

Qualifying for 2016 Long Course World Championship

Started by EKH
Views: 1926 Posts: 8

2015-06-11 12:24 PM EKH

Ironman Louisville extended through 2016

Started by cgchandler
Views: 1492 Posts: 5

2011-04-20 11:23 AM Rogillio
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 14, 2010
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Unlike the running or biking portions which seem to have some long rides or runs as an ongoing part the swimming program involves a lot of shorter intervals with short rests in between. Explain?

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : January 29, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
comments : 0
Discussions on bricks, bike steering when reaching for hydration, and flip-turns.

date : June 14, 2005
author : PirateGirl
comments : 1
The XTERRA off-road triathlons consist of a lake swim, a mountain bike trail ride, and a trail run. I decided to try the AZ Xtreme Desert XTERRA Tri as my 1st off-road triathlon, and my 3rd tri ever.
date : December 13, 2004
author : kanoelani
My first experience as a triathlete and my post-season plan.

date : October 17, 2004
author : jhealy422
My sister warned me about being used as a launch ramp by faster swimmers but much to my surprise I was the one swimming over those in front of me. I went around one woman, then another.
date : August 30, 2004
author : sherrick
comments : 1
Becoming a Better Animal: How to Effectively Use Your Heart Rate Monitor.

date : August 30, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 3
Program details of the 20 week olympic triathlon training plan including details on the swim, bike and run routines.