General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Skin care Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-08-29 6:48 AM

Subject: Skin care

Hello all, I'm a basketball player. I use to practice and work out a lot of the competitions in our university. This has really damaged my skin, and now they appear very tanned. There are brown marks on my skin, and they are not vanishing even after usage of skin care products.. Is this treatment safe for skin? What skin care techniques do you employ while working out in sun?

2016-08-29 4:04 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Subject: RE: Skin care
I really don't use any of the lotions for skin you find in drug stores. They're usually mineral oil based with minimally natural ingredients and not to mention parabens and chemicals.

I use and use often:

Almond Oil (pure)
Cocoa Butter ( I melt it down myself and apply)
Shea Butter (ditto^
Coconut Oil (Sometimes)
I do also use Vitamin E oil from time to time.

I marvel at the effects of them all for skin hydration (you can buy glycerin and mix it with the above in small amounts for dry dry skin)
I find almond oil to be a very effective toning agent especially on the face
Shea and Cocoa butter are great for the whole body

PS.....unsure how old you are but anything on the skin that's questionable go to a dermatologist and get checked to be sure**

Edited by TJHammer 2016-08-29 4:06 PM
2016-08-31 3:18 PM
in reply to: coppiper

User image

Master
Straight outta Compton
You need to wear sunscreen.

For the existing spots, Bio Oil works really well. It'll take about a year of regular application, but the stuff is great. I think it's also called Pure-Cellin oil.
2016-11-09 1:41 AM

For sports minded people, it's best to apply SPF 30 Sport Sunscreen. This is designed for all skin type. One must take utmost care of your skin while being physically active by drinking a lot of water and wearing protective clothing and gears too.
2017-01-21 12:31 AM
in reply to: Michiko Bryan

Hi there, skin treatment is good and they remove tan from the skin I use sunscreen, scarf and sunglasses in sunlight.
2017-01-27 11:13 PM

Skin type differs from person to person, so it would be better if you consult a dermatologist to select the best sunscreen products according to your skin type. I generally prefer SPF lotions and creams which suits my skin.

2017-03-24 4:29 AM
in reply to: TJHammer

I would recommend you to use bio oil.
2017-04-01 5:49 AM

If you are practicing outdoors, be sure to moisturize your skin
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Skin care Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cracked heel skin

Started by shepherd
Views: 939 Posts: 4

2006-05-11 10:47 AM JungleDoc

Skin Care

Started by Tabasco
Views: 815 Posts: 6

2006-03-08 6:16 PM sebjamesm

Dry hair, dry skin...HELP!

Started by courtney_leone
Views: 1402 Posts: 15

2005-07-08 11:34 AM courtney_leone

Skin Rash Solutions for Men - Suggestions

Started by jerry
Views: 974 Posts: 3

2005-06-29 8:42 AM dibujob

Itchy Skin After Swimming

Started by courtney_leone
Views: 1224 Posts: 9

2005-06-10 1:17 PM clflgrl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 28, 2015
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
What foot injuries are common in triathletes, and how can I prevent the serious ones?

date : February 18, 2014
I now find that after sitting for long periods of time during the day for two hours or so my knees are very stiff and weak when I then try to move them. Do I need to take better care of my knees?
date : September 24, 2012
comments : 1
Your wetsuit is a substantial investment, and proper care will extend its life considerably.

date : November 11, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
Does compression clothing really work? Coach AJ was able to try out a line of compression wear by Skins during the 2008 Annual Hawaii Ironman Triathlon.
date : November 3, 2008
While not the most pleasant topic, saddles sores are a common phenomenon within the cycling community. Learn what causes saddle sores and how to prevent them from occurring.

date : July 3, 2006
author : TriDoc5280
There are other risks that may not be perceived because of their long term nature. This article deals with one of those, the risk of developing skin cancer.
date : November 28, 2004
author : sekhmet
I challenge all BT readers who want to shed the pounds to stay committed to their training during the colder months. Share this commitment with others.