User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Kaepernick

Originally posted by crowny2

Originally posted by Rogillio

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by dmiller5

I think sitting down during the national anthem is a great way to protest.  got lots of attention for his cause, wasn't violent, didn't actually disrupt anything...and its A GAME.

you just don't like it because he is black.  if tom brady did this it wouldn't be the same issue.

LMAO.......I gotta tell you, when I first heard of him sitting during the National Anthem I didn't even know he was black.  I thought it was the wrong way to protest then, and I still do. 

I like blocking a highway better........more chance for general mayhem on all sides.

Yeah, blocking the highway is another bone-head move.  Let's stop the mom taking her kid to the ER to get stiches to we can protest. You really don't need to get to work.....I don't work and have time to protest in the street so you can stay out here with me.

Every time I see protests I try to make the connection for how something is going to change...or what specifically do they want changed.  The Occupy Wall Street people were protesting 'corporate greed'.  OK, so that is  you cause.  How will you camping out in the city park affect corporate greed? 

This privileged athlete is protesting black oppression.  First off, what specifically is black oppression?  How is it manifest?  Second, what would you like to see changed?  What is you list of demands? Ranting and raving is fine but tell me what you want to see changed.  Police camera on every cop.  Working on it.  What else?  More black cops?  Couldn't agree more.  The percentages of white, black and Hispanic cops on patrol ought to mirror the demographics of the communities they patrol.

Shannon Sharp sums it up nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzERbSKgQkA

he lost me when he started talking abou people coming home after WWII.  This is 2016 and we have a black president, and attorney general. 

2016-09-09 6:59 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Elite

I think sitting down during the national anthem is a great way to protest.  got lots of attention for his cause, wasn't violent, didn't actually disrupt anything...and its A GAME.

you just don't like it because he is black.  if tom brady did this it wouldn't be the same issue.

LMAO.......I gotta tell you, when I first heard of him sitting during the National Anthem I didn't even know he was black.  I thought it was the wrong way to protest then, and I still do. 

I like blocking a highway better........more chance for general mayhem on all sides.

Yeah, blocking the highway is another bone-head move.  Let's stop the mom taking her kid to the ER to get stiches to we can protest. You really don't need to get to work.....I don't work and have time to protest in the street so you can stay out here with me.

Every time I see protests I try to make the connection for how something is going to change...or what specifically do they want changed.  The Occupy Wall Street people were protesting 'corporate greed'.  OK, so that is  you cause.  How will you camping out in the city park affect corporate greed? 

This privileged athlete is protesting black oppression.  First off, what specifically is black oppression?  How is it manifest?  Second, what would you like to see changed?  What is you list of demands? Ranting and raving is fine but tell me what you want to see changed.  Police camera on every cop.  Working on it.  What else?  More black cops?  Couldn't agree more.  The percentages of white, black and Hispanic cops on patrol ought to mirror the demographics of the communities they patrol.

Never going to happen.........the average person can't possibly imagine the abuse they put up with compared to white cops in the same neighborhoods.  We can't find enough people who want to sign on for that bullchit.

Isn't that sad? It's true of a lot of jobs...I used to officiate basketball games. The static from players, families, and spectators prepared me well for Political Cup of Joe!
But seriously, when reffing in one of America's most violent inner cities (Wilmington, DE, recently referred to as Murder Town in a documentary), I was surprised to find my black working partner took a LOT more heat than I did when reffing in VERY sketchy gyms and parks.

btw, Rogillio, have you addressed the 1968 "fist-raised during the Anthem at the Olympics" situation? I'd like to hear your take.
2016-09-09 9:16 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Never going to happen.........the average person can't possibly imagine the abuse they put up with compared to white cops in the same neighborhoods.  We can't find enough people who want to sign on for that bullchit.

Isn't that sad? It's true of a lot of jobs...I used to officiate basketball games. The static from players, families, and spectators prepared me well for Political Cup of Joe! But seriously, when reffing in one of America's most violent inner cities (Wilmington, DE, recently referred to as Murder Town in a documentary), I was surprised to find my black working partner took a LOT more heat than I did when reffing in VERY sketchy gyms and parks. btw, Rogillio, have you addressed the 1968 "fist-raised during the Anthem at the Olympics" situation? I'd like to hear your take.

I was not aware of that RE '68 Olympics.  They disgraced their country by using inappropriate forum to demonstrate.  Did it change any hearts and minds?  You bet it did!  Bot not in the way they intended. 

I think anyone who wants social and/or political change needs to understand that the manner in which they protest/demonstrate can positively or negatively affect their cause.

2016-09-09 10:31 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

he lost me when he started talking abou people coming home after WWII.  This is 2016 and we have a black president, and attorney general. 

Would you tell a Jewish person to get over the Holocaust? It happened a long time ago, they are fine now.  Based on your logic they shouldn't worry about it anymore.

2016-09-09 11:35 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Would you tell a Jewish person to get , over the Holocaust? It happened a long time ago, they are fine now.  Based on your logic they shouldn't worry about it anymore.t

I don't know........that kind of stuff can get out of hand.  Should the English hate the German's for the carpet bombing of WW2 or move on?  How about my family.......my great grandparents fled Yugoslavia...they were Croatian.  Should I get over it or hate the Bosnians that live near me.  How about the Southerners .....do they move on past the civil war or hold on to it?  There are hundreds of examples.  Hundreds of thousands and, yes, millions of people have been killed in those few examples as well........at this point aren't we all descendants of some atrocity?

I know there is still racial bias in the U.S. so I get the point, and more closely to your point, the Jews never seem to get peace in the Middle East (then again, nobody does).......but still, at some point we all have to move on, and I think that's absolutely possible for AA's in our country.  You just can't say there is no opportunity to do that.....of course there is.

I have no answers, and I realize that because of a strong family and good examples I had a head start.......but I work a job that anyone can get.....there was no privilege involved.  I work extra jobs whenever I can........60-80 hour weeks doesn't feel like a privilege. I saved and saved and taught my children to work hard and do the same. To me, the way forward is the creation of more jobs and therefore more opportunity to have a self sufficient life, not dependent on social programs. .....that's how we all get more equal. 

Unfortunately, we now have a couple of generations (and growing) of people who have no idea how to help themselves They were simply never taught. There is no family for them to take strength from.  There has to be a cultural shift for those things to re-appear.....that's how we all get more equal.

The finger pointing has to stop.  We all got here at the same time and there is plenty of blame to go around.  This is not the time to look back at whatever ills were poured on our ancestors, because that just doesn't matter today if you want to change your station in life. So don't stand for the National Anthem and keep the division burning.......that helps how?  I think it's time to find things that unite us, no matter how small they may seem at the start.....that's how we all get more equal.

I never owned a slave, or killed a Jew......I find both repulsive.  Keep pointing at people like me as the problem and watch what that gets us.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-09-09 11:37 AM
2016-09-09 1:18 PM
in reply to: #5197064

New user
Well stated LB (pig).

2016-09-09 1:37 PM
in reply to: goforit

User image

Pro

Originally posted by goforit  (pig).

Well, there is that. 

2016-09-09 2:12 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Champion
Alabama

Would you tell a Jewish person to get over the Holocaust? It happened a long time ago, they are fine now.  Based on your logic they shouldn't worry about it anymore.

I didn't tell anyone to get over anything.  My point is, it is this is 2016 and time have changed tremendously.  My grandfather on my mother side change the spelling of his last name during WWII to make it sound less Italian.  Should I cite this example from 1044 as a reason why Italians feel oppressed in 2016?

2016-09-09 2:49 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Would you tell a Jewish person to get , over the Holocaust? It happened a long time ago, they are fine now.  Based on your logic they shouldn't worry about it anymore.t

I don't know........that kind of stuff can get out of hand.  Should the English hate the German's for the carpet bombing of WW2 or move on?  How about my family.......my great grandparents fled Yugoslavia...they were Croatian.  Should I get over it or hate the Bosnians that live near me.  How about the Southerners .....do they move on past the civil war or hold on to it?  There are hundreds of examples.  Hundreds of thousands and, yes, millions of people have been killed in those few examples as well........at this point aren't we all descendants of some atrocity?

I know there is still racial bias in the U.S. so I get the point, and more closely to your point, the Jews never seem to get peace in the Middle East (then again, nobody does).......but still, at some point we all have to move on, and I think that's absolutely possible for AA's in our country.  You just can't say there is no opportunity to do that.....of course there is.

I have no answers, and I realize that because of a strong family and good examples I had a head start.......but I work a job that anyone can get.....there was no privilege involved.  I work extra jobs whenever I can........60-80 hour weeks doesn't feel like a privilege. I saved and saved and taught my children to work hard and do the same. To me, the way forward is the creation of more jobs and therefore more opportunity to have a self sufficient life, not dependent on social programs. .....that's how we all get more equal. 

Unfortunately, we now have a couple of generations (and growing) of people who have no idea how to help themselves They were simply never taught. There is no family for them to take strength from.  There has to be a cultural shift for those things to re-appear.....that's how we all get more equal.

The finger pointing has to stop.  We all got here at the same time and there is plenty of blame to go around.  This is not the time to look back at whatever ills were poured on our ancestors, because that just doesn't matter today if you want to change your station in life. So don't stand for the National Anthem and keep the division burning.......that helps how?  I think it's time to find things that unite us, no matter how small they may seem at the start.....that's how we all get more equal.

I never owned a slave, or killed a Jew......I find both repulsive.  Keep pointing at people like me as the problem and watch what that gets us.

I never own a slave either....but my great-great-great-great-granddaddy did in 1785 in Rogillioville, Feliciana Parish in Louisiana.  All the Rogillio's in the US all descended from Policarpo Rogillio who was a wealthy plantation owner in the 1700s.  That was 7 generations ago:

Policarpo Rogillio
Siddorous Rogillio
William Foster Rogillio
Albert E Rogillio
Mack D Rogillio Sr
Mack D Rogillio Jr
Michael W Rogillio

But the theory goes, I benefited from slavery.  Hmmm.....when I was 8 years old we were on welfare and I ate the government canned meat and big blocks of cheese.  We got good stamps and I my brother and sisters and I got free lunch at school.  When I was 16 I was living alone with my dad.....till he moved in with his GF......leaving me pretty much on my own at 16.  When I was 17 I joined the Army National Guard to get college tuition.  I worked at least 1 and sometimes 2 jobs in college and graduated Lordy How Cum?!  I earned an electrical engineer degree (and massive student loans).  When I got married, as a dowry, I inherited by wife's student loans too!  I've worked as an engineer for the last 30 years and am finically well off.

I did not benefit from slavery, I benefited from working hard.

2016-09-09 2:56 PM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Did anyone actually watch the clip all the way or just shut it off after something was said you didn't agree with?

Because if you did you will hear him say he agrees that they have to stop killing themselves.  AND that he doesn't put it all on white people.  However, centuries of repression don't simply go away overnight.  It just doesn't.  And the fact that they are woefully under educated (which I personally believe is the core solution to so many of the issues) AND under employed/unemployed are to of the biggest issues that they need to deal with.

2016-09-09 3:25 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Champion
Alabama

Did anyone actually watch the clip all the way or just shut it off after something was said you didn't agree with?

Because if you did you will hear him say he agrees that they have to stop killing themselves.  AND that he doesn't put it all on white people.  However, centuries of repression don't simply go away overnight.  It just doesn't.  And the fact that they are woefully under educated (which I personally believe is the core solution to so many of the issues) AND under employed/unemployed are to of the biggest issues that they need to deal with.

I believe their core problem is tied to this one statistic on out-of wedlock births:

72.2% for backs 
66.9%for American Indians
53.5% for Hispanics
29.4% for whites
17.1% for Asians

2016-09-09 3:38 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Certainly education is a key, but having worked many areas of St. Louis labeled "ghettos" or "public housing" neighborhoods I can tell you that what is woefully missing is the education that comes from a functioning family and good role models.  To be sure, there is no quick fix, but the idea of generation after generation being dependent on welfare and other govt. programs is NOT the answer.......unless of course you are trying to build a voting base that is dependent on those programs being in place and expanded.  You may keep a voting base, but you will do so at the expense of viable urban centers in our country.....are we not seeing that now?

Back to your point about education......from my experience the best way to start is to rebuild the school systems in minority communities.  St. Louis is a prime example of what happened after years of busing and desegregation......it killed the schools that children were bused away from, and with it it killed the pride in the community, and with that came the death of the community and the families that make up those communities.  In the 70's and 80's here in St. Louis the Public High League was one of the most feared conferences in public school athletics.....and with damn good reason.  Good schools, good teachers, great coaches who were positive role models, and great athletes.  The games were a rallying point for those communities and the families within them....an absolute source of pride and, again, with good reason.  Then came forced desegregation of schools.........which meant busing kids, and athletes, out of those schools and neighborhoods and into the wealthier school districts in the suburbs.  Soon the fear of the Public High League was gone, then the pride was gone, then the good teachers and coaches left, and eventually the schools failed and took whole neighborhoods with them, only to be back-filled with street gangs and more and more poverty.  Desegregation was a joke played on the black communities IMO.....and it destroyed them.   Govt. intervention run amok......well intentioned or not.

As I said in the other post, there is plenty of blame to go around, but busing and welfare programs are/were liberal entities.....and they have created a permanent underclass that now doesn't even have the understanding of how to get out.  Conservatives are not free of blame either.....they have been more then happy to keep those failed neighborhoods and people out of sight and mind....and in many cases, in prison. It's wrong.

I, and others, stand each day with our fingers in the damn to prevent what may be a coming social crisis/chaos......we see it first hand (away from the relative safety of the suburbs and wealthier neighborhoods)......both sides of the isle better pay attention. 

And no, Crowny, I didn't read anything Kaepernick had to say......there is nothing new in his words.....and there are no solutions there either, just more divisiveness.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-09-09 3:44 PM
2016-09-13 2:55 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

From the upcoming South Park season:

To the tune of "The Star-Spangled Banner"

Colin Kaepernick is great.

Cops are pigs, cops are pigs.

Wait, someone just took my stuff, I need to call the cops.

Oh, no, I just said cops are pigs.

Who’s gonna help me get my stuff?

Why did I listen to Colin Kaepernick,

He’s not even any good.

Oh, I just got all my stuff back

Cops are pigs again, cops are pigs.

Colin Kaepernick’s a good backup…

2016-10-16 6:06 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Champion
Alabama
Buffalo destroyed SF, 45 - 16. Every time SF had an open receiver downfield Buffalo played the National Anthem and Kaepernick took a knee.
2016-10-16 6:31 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio Buffalo destroyed SF, 45 - 16. Every time SF had an open receiver downfield Buffalo played the National Anthem and Kaepernick took a knee.

Brilliant strategy

2017-03-03 10:32 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
http://nypost.com/2017/03/02/colin-kaepernick-gives-up-his-anthem-p...

So if you owned an NFL team would you pick him up? I sure a heck would not. He is a national disgrace.....who would be stupid enough to hire him?

2017-03-03 1:06 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Looks like he's given up his 'principles' in favor of the almighty dollar. Would I pick him up if I owned a team? I wouldn't let this clown bag my groceries.
2017-03-03 1:42 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro

Yeah.....principles.....that's what it was.

2017-04-02 8:22 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

(IMG_0329.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_0329.JPG (73KB - 10 downloads)
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Kaepernick Rss Feed