Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2016-08-31 4:25 PM
in reply to: metafizx

User image

New user
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: Just another anti-cyclist driver

Originally posted by metafizx exactly why I have my virtual trainer and spend a lot more time riding indoors. Sad but I've had too many close calls...to detail a few 1. bag of ICE thrown at me while in a pace line 2. truck stopping in front of me deliberately and then the girlfriend passenger harassing me (she rolled up the window when they got stuck at the light) 3. City bus swerving around me on a crappy shoulder to cut in to a bus stop DURING AN ORGANIZED CENTURY RIDE 4. Boat trailer swerving into the shoulder 5. drunk driver cutting me off in a curbed shoulder, ENDO ! 6. drunk driver swerving into my shoulder, then 1 mile down the road, crashed head-on into SUV * the last one, I actually rode up to the car... with the drunk woman still in the seat, pathetically drunk.

Dear lord. Were these all in Hawaii?

2016-08-31 4:53 PM
in reply to: trijamie

User image

Master
Kailua, Hawaii
Originally posted by trijamie

Originally posted by metafizx exactly why I have my virtual trainer and spend a lot more time riding indoors. Sad but I've had too many close calls...to detail a few 1. bag of ICE thrown at me while in a pace line 2. truck stopping in front of me deliberately and then the girlfriend passenger harassing me (she rolled up the window when they got stuck at the light) 3. City bus swerving around me on a crappy shoulder to cut in to a bus stop DURING AN ORGANIZED CENTURY RIDE 4. Boat trailer swerving into the shoulder 5. drunk driver cutting me off in a curbed shoulder, ENDO ! 6. drunk driver swerving into my shoulder, then 1 mile down the road, crashed head-on into SUV * the last one, I actually rode up to the car... with the drunk woman still in the seat, pathetically drunk.

Dear lord. Were these all in Hawaii?

yes Oahu
2016-08-31 8:42 PM
in reply to: goforit

Originally posted by goforit

Where is the data on pick-up trucks (jacked up or not) harassing cyclists? I don't own one, but i live in an area where they are very common and I've seen the exact opposite. They move way over while passing. I guess pick-up trucks are just an easy target to stereotype without much back lash. Cheers

Fair enough that it's probably, for me anyway, anecdotal evidence and given that when I do ride outdoors it's on rural roads where there are likely a higher percent of pickup trucks. I didn't realize pickup truck drivers were so sensitive.
Cheers
2016-08-31 10:18 PM
in reply to: #5197353

New user
As stated, not a pick up driver. Not overly sensitive either. Just haven't seen any real data on those deviants. Have you? Cheers
2016-08-31 10:33 PM
in reply to: mike761

User image

Originally posted by mike761
Originally posted by Goggles Pizzano

Originally posted by mike761 Its a general mis-understanding of people driving, they think they own the rode and that cyclists do not belong. I found myself 2 weeks ago yelling at my father because he was honking and coming too close to a cyclist on the rode. We were at the shore and in no real hurry yet he still did it, it cost us all of about 10 seconds to wait. I let him know how that could easily have been me or his grandson riding and that could have killed that person if they were startled and fell.

You guys are just lucky I didn't catch you at the next light.  Stop honking at me. 

If it were you I would not have yelled It was in OC though
I can only imagine what you would've yelled. Have you seen the packs of kids on beach cruisers riding in OC? For a bike friendly town promoting itself as such I can see why anti cycling attitudes will grow. I drove down Asbury a few weeks ago. At least 12 kids riding down the street in both lanes weaving in and out of cars. All I could think is MEH, can't wait until I go for my next ride.
2016-09-02 10:19 AM
in reply to: goforit

Originally posted by goforit

As stated, not a pick up driver. Not overly sensitive either. Just haven't seen any real data on those deviants. Have you? Cheers

As stated in my prior response, "anecdotal evidence"

2016-09-02 12:32 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Exton, PA

Originally posted by mike761

Originally posted by mike761 Its a general mis-understanding of people driving, they think they own the rode and that cyclists do not belong. I found myself 2 weeks ago yelling at my father because he was honking and coming too close to a cyclist on the rode. We were at the shore and in no real hurry yet he still did it, it cost us all of about 10 seconds to wait. I let him know how that could easily have been me or his grandson riding and that could have killed that person if they were startled and fell.

You guys are just lucky I didn't catch you at the next light.  Stop honking at me. 

If it were you I would not have yelled It was in OC though
I can only imagine what you would've yelled. Have you seen the packs of kids on beach cruisers riding in OC? For a bike friendly town promoting itself as such I can see why anti cycling attitudes will grow. I drove down Asbury a few weeks ago. At least 12 kids riding down the street in both lanes weaving in and out of cars. All I could think is MEH, can't wait until I go for my next ride.

When I ride there I spend a lot of time on Central, I ride down the center of the lane since I stay with traffic anyway (25mph limit) yet there are still people who insist on making dangerous move to around me just so they sit right in front on me instead of right behind me.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Just another anti-cyclist driver Rss Feed  

of 2