General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 9.15.16 Thursday Training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-09-15 7:28 AM

User image

Elite
Subject: 9.15.16 Thursday Training

Good morning BT!

4:30am:  Yes!  Outside 5 mile run under a full moon--it was fabulous!  Definitely going to start adding those into the weekly rotation.  

5:30am:  upper body strength + core

Big day in our family yesterday--my older daughter Sydney verbally committed to a small D1 college in Missouri for softball--great offer and she loved the community when she visited this summer.  We'll fly down for the official signing sometime in November--exciting stuff. The mom part of me is freaking out a bit though!  Missouri is a long way from Nevada!

Cross country meet today at a ski resort in Idaho, probably the toughest race of our season.

Have a great day!

Oh Karen...you described perfectly the techno glitches we deal with as well...so frustrating!

2016-09-15 7:47 AM
in reply to: ingleshteechur

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: 9.15.16 Thursday Training
That must be beautiful. We never see moon and starts here in rainy season due to the cloud cover. They were really nice in Australia.

AM I was a little slow getting out to run (the less I have planned, the more I tend to dawdle--I'm much more efficient under pressure in just about everything!). 38 minutes of easy running.

PM 3000m of swimming. I'm just picking workouts from the endless archive on the Sara McLarty master's swim blog that I think look fun. (Yes, I know, I have a sick sense of fun. Whatever.)

We had a "fun" day with technology--funny I should have mentioned it. Online standardized testing today, and the govt. decides to do "undersea cable repair" on the line out of VN till Monday. Got through it but poor kids--I think we had a total of over 100 "incidents" where we had to reload pages and such. Then I made the mistake of trying to book some flights online--30 minutes of working through the site, and then it timed out and wouldn't take my credit card. Finally worked from home--odd. That is usually much slower but today it is much faster.

Believe it or not, those were tickets for Tet at the end of January. It sells out that fast. Excited because I finally managed to get bookings/tickets for Thanyapura, a kind of sports resort/ year-round triathlon camp in Thailand. I've tried before, but always waited too long and rooms or flights were sold out. As it was, the cheapest rooms were already booked solid, more than four months in advance! Love me the "pro lifestyle"--I can happily train away a vacation. Like my mom said when I first explained what an Olympic distance triathlon was, "This just sounds like what you do for fun on vacation." Exactly, only faster and with minimal breaks in between!

Congrats on your daughter! That is so cool. She will survive. I went from Ohio to Oregon, a few weeks after turning 17.
2016-09-15 8:47 AM

User image

Aledo, Texas

Good morning - also ran under the full moon. Out here, it had that harvest color. Very cool. Easy, 20' run followed by strength.

Have a great day!

2016-09-15 2:09 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas

Originally posted by ingleshteechur

Good morning BT!

4:30am:  Yes!  Outside 5 mile run under a full moon--it was fabulous!  Definitely going to start adding those into the weekly rotation.  

I met a guy on my street for a 5 mile run at 6:00 am.  Yep...we were under the moon and the stars. If we would have done 6 miles we would have got to see the sun run. I like the sun rise better than the full moon for running but am happy when I get them both.  There are about 12 homes in our division and we can get a 2 mile loop if we go up and down all the lanes.  Coming out of the division you are going south down a big hill and all you can see is rolling hills.  No homes or buildings, no cattle pastures, no roads (except the one that you are running on).  I don't even remember seeing power lines or radio towers.  My favorite thing right now is going down that hill just as the early morning rays are lighting up the landscape.   

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 9.15.16 Thursday Training Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

3.7.13 Thursday, nothing rhymes with Thursday

Started by ingleshteechur
Views: 1791 Posts: 17

2013-03-08 1:35 PM dmbfan4life20

1.3.2013 Thursday Training

Started by cdban66
Views: 2123 Posts: 21

2013-01-04 7:00 AM BAMBAM66

9.13.12 Thursday Training!

Views: 1737 Posts: 12

2012-09-14 3:45 AM gr33n

4.26.12 Thursday, nothing rhymes with Thursday

Views: 1796 Posts: 18

2012-04-27 12:51 AM Shermbelle

12.29.11 Thursday's Training Pages: 1 2

Started by cdban66
Views: 2781 Posts: 29

2011-12-29 11:04 PM reecealan
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 14, 2004
author : Andrea
comments : 0
I'm on the other side of the college-student desk. I'm the one with the red pen in my hand. Those of us with schedules that change from day to day actually have an advantage, I think.