General Discussion Triathlon Talk » odd foot injury Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-10-08 10:11 AM

Subject: odd foot injury
im just trying to get back into being active and wondering if it will ever happen. i have a 10 k training plan sitting around and i havent been able to start training. i injured my feet rollerblading about 7 months ago. ive had two mris of the feet and ankles and so far all that shows up is a little inflammation . it started as what i thought was a muscle strain in the arch and now the entire foot hurts all the time. the medial ankle muscles atrophied... the only thing the mri showed is some swelling in the abductor hallucis muscle but they said it wasnt torn, some swelling in the posterior tibilalis tendon but that wasnt torn either or extensive, and some swelling in the plantar fascia but that also wasnt torn. all of these were listed as mild but my pain is excrutiating.. my concern if ive rested now for 4 months and they dont know whats wrong with me. the pain is like all the time it just feels burning. i feel like i should keep resting but its been now 7 months since the injury and i tried to push through the pain for 3 before i decided not to do anything and nobody can give me an answer as to whats causing this pain. has anyone dealt with anything like it before and think i can ever run again ? i have normal mobility. i had an mri with no dye and they said nothing appears torn. there seems to be a small pea sized bump on both inner ankles and im wondering if it could be a ganglion but it never showed up on the mri. i dont wanna ask for surgery but i almost wanna cut it open and see what the heck is going on. is there any hope or advice for me ? i was also working a job where i stand for long periods of time but i lost my job due to this as well....
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » odd foot injury Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

foot injury

Started by dbum
Views: 779 Posts: 1

2011-08-31 8:26 PM dbum

foot injury

Started by Gretchri
Views: 1118 Posts: 5

2011-03-14 9:11 AM Gretchri

article on foot injuries

Started by SauseEnte
Views: 968 Posts: 2

2008-09-11 5:25 PM nscrbug

Foot injury while swimming??

Started by sgoehner
Views: 6059 Posts: 6

2008-05-21 1:16 PM eburg

foot injury - how long to rebuild running base

Started by lgcowell
Views: 1626 Posts: 6

2016-01-16 3:48 PM trell19832002@yahoo.
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 28, 2015
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
What foot injuries are common in triathletes, and how can I prevent the serious ones?

date : October 10, 2013
comments : 1
I will describe the more common running foot injuries and discuss contributing risk factors as well as treatments and corrections for prevention.
date : September 16, 2010
comments : 1
Everytime I up my run mileage I get injured. As I train I seem to inevitably get pulled calves, IT band syndrome then achilles issues. What can I do?

date : February 11, 2009
I have a pain on the far left side of my left foot, all the way to the left and a little in front of the heel. It hurts after I run for 45 minutes or so. It hurts pretty badly for the next 48 hours.
date : May 12, 2008
Ever since running that marathon I have been experiencing stiffness and discomfort in my left foot, from the fourth and fifth metatarsals to about my mid foot.

date : August 7, 2007
What would cause my foot to fall asleep after running about 3 miles and then have a numb spot on the top of my instep?
date : July 30, 2006
Injuries do happen, and we would like to discuss a few injuries that are common. All of these injuries can fall under the category of what are commonly called overuse injuries.

date : July 30, 2006
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.