General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Beginner to Ironman Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-11-02 8:43 PM

Subject: Beginner to Ironman
Hi all!

I'm going to do an ironman triathlon within the next few years or so.

I've never trained swimming or cycling. I really suck at swimming and have just started taking some lessons. Having completed three marathons, I do have a little experience with distance running. I'm certain I can do this because I am relentless.

If you feel like you have similar aspirations and want to join me in my training efforts, I'm very interested in fostering a community on Garmin Connect with like-minded people that want to train for this big event.

This is my Garmin Connect profile: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/D.de_Jong

Connect with me and I'll add you to a group where we can consolidate individual training efforts. I've done most of my marathon training completely alone, but I think a centralized community with dynamic external feedback from others can provide a lot of benefits and expedite personal efforts -- and this may prove especially important for such a big undertaking.

See you at the start line,
Dana

2016-11-03 6:58 AM
in reply to: D.de_Jong

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: Beginner to Ironman
Hi Dana!
Actually we've built this whole site to foster community here!
We have the ability to view other people's training logs and "friend" other people and write "inspires" on their logs. I think you'll find it's the perfect solution. Also, once you complete a one-time syncing, your Garmin Connect data will also appear in your training logs here at BT, as long as you are a Performance Member. Click "upload from device" and you can connect your Garmin. Each time you sync to Garmin Connect, your data will appear here so your friends can keep up with you.

2016-11-03 9:01 PM
in reply to: #5203849

Subject: RE: Beginner to Ironman
Sweet. Increasingly stoked on this site.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Beginner to Ironman Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Beginner to Ironman

Started by Jamescliff
Views: 1086 Posts: 6

2014-10-01 8:22 PM isis

Beginner Ironman Training

Started by Ironmom78
Views: 594 Posts: 4

2014-05-22 1:37 AM IndoIronYanti

Ironman in training... beginner/newbie

Started by jaysinz
Views: 1191 Posts: 5

2013-07-12 2:55 PM Chokebait

Beginner - Coeur dÁlene Ironman 2012

Started by shadrach12345
Views: 1576 Posts: 10

2011-09-27 11:10 AM McFuzz

Yet another BEGINNER beginner....HI!

Started by robyntri
Views: 1512 Posts: 6

2010-09-17 2:18 PM McFuzz
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 23, 2012
author : ytriguy
comments : 0
Often it makes sense to race slower in order to finish faster and at the same time have a more enjoyable Ironman Triathlon experience.

date : December 12, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Listen in as to how Peter overcame his shoulder injury in the middle of training for his first Ironman and how he had to modify that training.
date : April 17, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 1
This program is a beginner plan to bridge you from an a Half Ironman to Ironman using a HRM with the confidence that you can complete the race without difficulty.

date : January 1, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
Inclusion is the key, with elements of the ride fulfilling the training and social needs of 95% of the membership. We have found that course selection, leadership have been the keys.
date : April 3, 2005
comments : 1
Mark Allen, six time Ironman Champion, answers the most common questions beginners have in getting into triathlons.

date : April 3, 2005
author : sherrick
comments : 19
This training plan is written to prepare you for your first Ironman. While just a beginner’s plan, the hours per week start at a significant 8 hours.
date : September 10, 2004
author : Team BT
History of the triathlon and distances.

date : August 30, 2004
author : sherrick
comments : 40
This half Ironman plan covers many weeks of challenging, but attainable training for someone who has some endurance experience, and ideally some Olympic distance races within the past season.