General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My Crazy Fitness App Setup (And Questions) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-11-20 3:59 AM

Subject: My Crazy Fitness App Setup (And Questions)
So currently, I have 9 apps tracking every aspect of my fitness life:

Google Fit (As a Activities Tracker/Central Database)
Runtastic Heart Rate (As a Heart Rate Sensor (More on this later))
Runtastic (For aforementioned Heart Rate sync to Google Fit (More on this later))
MapMyFitness (For Gym Workouts)
MyFitnessPal (For Nutrition)
MySwimPro (For Swimming)
Runkeeper (For Running)
Strava (For Cycling)
Moov (For possible Moov Now Band)

At this point, I'll say that I'm a budding triathlete with a low budget, and planning to compete in a Half-Ironman and a Marathon by the end of 2017.

Now, some Dilemmas...
1) Runtastic Heart Rate only allows 3 measurements a day, and it seems that without Runtastic (I prefer Runkeeper) the heart rate information won't transfer to Google Fit. I'd like to avoid the use of an external heart rate monitor if I can though. Firstly, do I really need to know my heart rate? I know about zones and such, but my training plan doesn't really have anything about that.
1a) Is there a way to get Heart Rate information on Google Fitusing any app?
2/1b) I am thinking about the Moov Now because it supports all three activities in a triathlon, as well as detecting if I'm running too fast. However, it doesn't have a heart rate sensor. Any better fitness trackers or smartwatches in this price range?
2a) The Moov Now doesn't have direct connect to Google Fit, only through Strava or MyFitnessPal, and it seems that some info (mainly Sleep Tracking) won't pass to Google Fit. Any way to have sleep tracking on Google Fit?
3) Anything wrong with this setup? Have I missed any areas? Should/Can I simplify it in any way?

Lots of questions, and all suggestions will be thanked.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My Crazy Fitness App Setup (And Questions) Rss Feed