Other Resources The Political Joe » Better than politics.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-11-21 2:23 PM

User image

Pro
Subject: Better than politics....

Just got home from a 3 day hunting trip with a couple of buddies and my 10 year old lab, Rainy.  She's just 3 weeks out from surgery to remove some cancerous lumps from her mammary glands. (hence the shaved spot on her right leg from the IV) She was, as always, intently on the lookout for ducks and the chance to do what she was born and bred for.  I wish I could say I can't wait for the next 10 years with her but, of course, I'm getting closer to having to say goodbye to her.  She's been a dandy and I thought I'd share a pic of her.

(4rivers.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
4rivers.jpg (167KB - 2 downloads)

2016-11-21 2:48 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Better than politics....
She is a find looking dog!

I lost my heart dog a few years ago. Jake was Golden Retriever and trained me thru two ironman races. He love to run! He's see me putting on my running shoes and go nuts!! I miss him. I think I cried more I lost him than I did when I lost my dad. Don't get me wrong, I loved my dad but Jake was best friend.

I went duck hunting when I was a kid but never got one.

My son and his friend and I are going to a skeet range this Friday. 15 stations, 100 shots total. The last time I went my granddaddy's antique Remington 12 ga auto jammed. I had a back up 12 ga pump in my truck that they gave me free when I bought my truck (it's good to live in Alabama) so I used that. I'd like to double barrel over/under maybe.
2016-11-21 3:25 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

Master
, California

I grew up with a golden lab.  My mom who is a pretty serious runner used to do track workouts early in the morning.  Birds would always be walking in the middle of the field, so she'd just turn the dog off leash while she ran laps.  That dog LOVED chasing birds.  And they need that exercise too otherwise they are unmanageable at home.

2016-11-22 10:14 AM

User image

Oakville

Now that's a good looking dog!

Our dog just turned 11 and its tough to think that there may only be a few more years left. 

We were living in a condo when we got him and so we went with a smaller breed (Boston Terrier), but I was seriously considering a chocolate lab. 

I've heard they're full of energy during the puppy years, but you can't beat their temperament once they get older.  

2016-11-23 8:30 AM

User image

That's a great picture, and Rainy is a good looking girl! It really is special when you get to see a dog work at a job, especially the one that was bred into its DNA. It's awesome that Rainy still gets to do that at 10.

My girl is all nose (she appears to be part weim). She'd be a terrible retriever, but it's a thing of beauty when she gets locked in & focused on a scent trail. The funniest thing to me is Winnie never lifts her head to look for what is leaving that scent. Case in point is this short video I took last year when a duck jumped onto the trail a few yards in front of us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjfGzt5z0yE
2016-11-23 9:56 AM
in reply to: Boilermaker

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Boilermaker That's a great picture, and Rainy is a good looking girl! It really is special when you get to see a dog work at a job, especially the one that was bred into its DNA. It's awesome that Rainy still gets to do that at 10. My girl is all nose (she appears to be part weim). She'd be a terrible retriever, but it's a thing of beauty when she gets locked in & focused on a scent trail. The funniest thing to me is Winnie never lifts her head to look for what is leaving that scent. Case in point is this short video I took last year when a duck jumped onto the trail a few yards in front of us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjfGzt5z0yE

Thanks for that!! 

2016-11-23 10:09 AM
in reply to: Boilermaker

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Boilermaker That's a great picture, and Rainy is a good looking girl! It really is special when you get to see a dog work at a job, especially the one that was bred into its DNA. It's awesome that Rainy still gets to do that at 10. My girl is all nose (she appears to be part weim). She'd be a terrible retriever, but it's a thing of beauty when she gets locked in & focused on a scent trail. The funniest thing to me is Winnie never lifts her head to look for what is leaving that scent. Case in point is this short video I took last year when a duck jumped onto the trail a few yards in front of us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjfGzt5z0yE

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure she's 100% weim. And yeah, for being such a smart breed they can be really stupid. LOL

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Better than politics.... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Songs that represent your politics or beliefs

Started by switch
Views: 2519 Posts: 23

2013-12-13 3:08 PM Bodaggit

Good Article

Started by JoshR
Views: 1365 Posts: 4

2013-10-24 4:05 PM JoshR

I think we need better gun control...

Started by tuwood
Views: 2041 Posts: 19

2013-09-27 6:08 AM DanielG

'Create education better' to solve income inequality: Miss Utah Pages: 1 2

Started by TheCrownsOwn
Views: 3059 Posts: 27

2013-06-21 2:28 PM switch

Best political news in awhile.

Started by ejshowers
Views: 1251 Posts: 10

2013-05-30 2:33 PM spudone
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 7, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
The suggestions guide you towards an eating style that's simple and practical, yet can effectively help you eat well to perform well, despite today’s bewildering food environment.

date : December 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.
date : November 28, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on making better food choices, under or over-fueling, the 'write everything down' theory, sample meal template and cottage cheese substitutes.

date : October 5, 2007
Discussion on training and weightloss, what to do if the cafeteria has no good food, sweet tooth problems and the importance of nutrient timing.
date : March 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.

date : December 7, 2006
author : Ontherun
"Finding triathlon has probably saved my life." A late bloomer shares some of his journeys on becoming a 4rth year triathlete.
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : July 3, 2006
As we speak, a team of scientists, biochemists and nutritionists are performing experiments on the upcoming revolutionary product for improving your athletic performance.