General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Foot going numb on run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-09-09 5:42 PM

User image

Champion
Nashville, TN
Subject: Foot going numb on run

On my last few runs, my right foot has gone numb while I was running.  Anyone else have this problem?  It is becoming really annoying because I have to stop running try to shake it out and then resume.  But it never goes away.  And I am not going to risk injury by continuing to run.

Common sense tells me that my shoes are tied too tight...but I have yankz and I haven't adjusted them in over two months.  I have never heard of this being a sign for needing new shoes.  The shoes are only 2.5 months with about 130 miles on them.  Any advice? 

2006-09-09 6:47 PM
in reply to: #535332

User image

Pro
Evanston,
Subject: RE: Foot going numb on run

I still think your shoes are too tight, just 'cause that's what it is with me.

Have you increased your distance?  If you're running longer, that gives your feet more time to swell.  Maybe loosen the Yankz.  Good luck.

2006-09-09 7:02 PM
in reply to: #535332

Winnipeg
Subject: RE: Foot going numb on run
Had this problem a number of years ago. Went to a podiatrist and found out I have a nerve impingment in my foot from many years of running and other abuses I have put my legs and feet through. Was fitted with orthotics which really helped. Wore the orthotics for a couple of years until they were worn out. I was too lazy to get new ones so started running again without them and the problem is now gone. Go figure!! Maybe you should have your feet checked just to be sure there is no physical problem causing these symptoms.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Foot going numb on run Rss Feed