General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hey starting my VLOG on triathlon :) Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-12-06 10:59 AM

Subject: Hey starting my VLOG on triathlon :)
Hello all,

27 year old.

i am determend to start my video log on youtube on triathlon. I am open for advice and some right directions.

I started triathlon this year in May. Did martial arts/fitness for 10 years before it (on/off).

How I started? A friend of mine was organizing an half ironman event, 1,9k swim, 90km bike(1200m elevation) and 21km trail run (500 or 600m elevation). Zero swimming before the race, about 100km od the bike, running was my strength, because we did that quite often before martial art workouts to warm up(3-5km).

He was teasing me, saying I am not able to finish it. this was about 6 days until the race day. So yeah....i obviously finished it, and since then i am hooked. I am totally crazy about this sport, my life totally changed....my main goal now is to travel around the world and train/compete

I understand it will be a long way, but I am determined, I want to be the one of the best in the next 10 years. At the moment i am a total beginner, I know i am not even allowed to say such wishes out loud, but yeah....need pressure in my life to become great.

2016-12-07 3:31 AM
in reply to: Valetriathlon

Subject: RE: Hey starting my VLOG on triathlon :)
OK, some more data.

27 years old, 180cm, 81kg

May I was about 93kg, lots of muscle...burned it all off on the bike over the next months....I am aiming towards 73-76kgs, will see how I feel on that weight (in the next 2-3years). dont want to loose too much strength too quickly. slowly adapt to lower weight, keeping my power, while lowering my weight.

Currently I have an ankle injury...resting for about 17days now...still need about 10more days, to start doing proper running trainings, this is very hard on me, because my goal during the colder months was improving my running. But OK.... maybe this was even better, because i needed some rest.

The first rest week I did 2 gym sessions for about 40-60minutes(mainly, pullups, core, dips,... stuff I feel benefits me for swimming(the muscles i feel when i swim, really hard to do exercizes without putting pressure on the legs, usually i just do deadlifts and squats), And besides that i did 2 swim sessions for 1 hour each, only arms.
The second week I again did 2 gym sessions + 3 swim sessions + 2 sessions on the spinner for 45 and 55minutes. easy pace, started to feel my ankle a bit again on the spinner so took 2 days totally off again.
This week I am feeling much better. on monday i did swim 1hr, finally using my legs again, very lightly + 45minutes bike @ home in the evening.....yesterday I did a swim in the morning 1hr and 1 hr on my bike @ home evening. today morning 1hr 10min swim.... + i ll do a bike session in the evening again...at least 60minutes. any advice on a proper motivational 1hr video on youtube on triathlon?

On saturday I am planning to try out my ankle, doing an easy 5km run.... friend telling me i need to start running...but then another friend i saying i have to wait.......... I was unable to walk for 3 days, went to do X-ray, nothing broken, they told me at least 6weeks, but obviously, we athletes heal much faster...also adding collagen + glutamine + glucosamine/msm/chondrotin.....
2016-12-24 1:56 PM
in reply to: Valetriathlon

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Hey starting my VLOG on triathlon :)

Hi Vale and welcome to BT!

The training plans here are pretty good, I'd recommend 'em.

Motivational stuff on youtube for me is ... well, watch all the videos on this site

Watch everything on swimsmooth.com

Cycle stuff I love watching old Tour de France stages ...

Track events at the Olympics.

There's also a fair amount of triathlon footage on youtube.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hey starting my VLOG on triathlon :) Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hey Hey Hey

Started by devildogJMS
Views: 1038 Posts: 2

2010-12-01 11:24 PM semperfi

hey hey from Calgary,AB

Started by cd2onfire
Views: 801 Posts: 3

2005-03-25 2:08 PM athena

Has anyone started triathlon training without...

Started by Gatsby
Views: 781 Posts: 8

2004-11-08 9:34 AM PGoldberger

Starting out in Triathlon from a cycling background

Started by bermudaGaz
Views: 792 Posts: 5

2004-08-30 5:48 PM bermudaGaz

Yesterday my official Triathlon Training Start Date!!!!

Started by whatiwillbe
Views: 876 Posts: 8

2004-02-07 9:10 AM madmedic3
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 30, 2016
author : rmschwartz418
comments : 2
A recap of my thoughts from my first triathlon

date : December 27, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 5
Are you a new swimmer starting your triathlon training? Here are some top answers to member questions as you begin your triathlon swim training.
date : July 8, 2008
author : amyro1234
comments : 0
Ever since I was 11 years old and first heard the word "triathlon" mentioned, I have made it my vow to do one. But what 11 year old does triathlons?”

date : February 7, 2007
author : browncd
Twenty years after signing up for my first triathlon, I finally made it...but just in time!
date : August 22, 2006
author : Team BT
Vytra TOBAY Triathlon swim start provided by jpcan.

date : August 22, 2006
author : Team BT
Abitaman #3 swim triathlon wallpaper provided by tri_it_cajun_style.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
These ladies are impressive. This video will show you what you will have to look forward to at a wave start.

date : February 28, 2005
author : rautorino
Does it matter how fast you go? Does it matter if you win? No. It only matters that you tri your best and smile when you cross the finish line.