Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » BT DOWN ALL DAY YESTERDAY? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-12-16 10:56 AM

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
Subject: BT DOWN ALL DAY YESTERDAY?

Just wanting to check to make sure everything is OK with my most favorite place to be on the internet. BT was down all day yesterday, from dawn to dusk, and I'm wondering what the problem is/was and whether or not the issue has been resolved? Should we expect intermittent outages like this in the future?

I do worry about the future of this site, with Facebook groups and STRAVA gaining popularity and memberships. I am hopeful that BT sticks around and has the resources/will/necessary talent to do so.

I have been an active member here for 12+ years, and I'm hoping everything is OK.

Any input/comment from Ron? Admins?

Thanks!

Laura

2016-12-16 12:09 PM
in reply to: Whizzzzz

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: BT DOWN ALL DAY YESTERDAY?

I've been wondering about this as well.  I missed BT during the outage and was wondering about it as I looked at Twitter (@begnrtriathlete) and FB for status updates.  Is the site being monitored by admin? Where is the best place report an outage, should another one occur in the future?

2016-12-16 1:17 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

Hello all -

We are so sorry for the outage.
Between the three of us who work actively on the site, we are usually on it enough that one of us would notice such a serious problem.

It's clear we need a more specific monitoring system, since it did go unnoticed for several hours, and there are not too many ways to reach us when the site is down!

In a bizarre coincidence, Facebook shut down my account yesterday, pending review of my driver's license (!) so I couldn't receive message via Facebook, either, which is one possible way to contact us.

We will come up with an emergency outage plan and let everyone know, so we can be accountable to you, our membership and lifeblood.

Alice
2016-12-16 7:54 PM
in reply to: ARDENT

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by ARDENT Hello all - We are so sorry for the outage. Between the three of us who work actively on the site, we are usually on it enough that one of us would notice such a serious problem. It's clear we need a more specific monitoring system, since it did go unnoticed for several hours, and there are not too many ways to reach us when the site is down! In a bizarre coincidence, Facebook shut down my account yesterday, pending review of my driver's license (!) so I couldn't receive message via Facebook, either, which is one possible way to contact us. We will come up with an emergency outage plan and let everyone know, so we can be accountable to you, our membership and lifeblood. Alice

Thank you very much.

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » BT DOWN ALL DAY YESTERDAY? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Do training plans include warm-up/cool-down?

Started by rljohnsufl
Views: 1565 Posts: 10

2010-06-15 2:09 PM Ron

So what's coming down the pipe?

Started by sdanaher
Views: 993 Posts: 3

2009-10-20 5:16 PM sdanaher

posts by day graph shifted by one day?

Started by newleaf
Views: 1558 Posts: 5

2009-02-03 4:08 PM Aikidoman

Any new training plans coming down the pike?

Started by jonathan22
Views: 3024 Posts: 15

2009-05-10 7:07 PM Ron

Blog Calendar Showing Yesterday!

Started by Akuma
Views: 1092 Posts: 3

2004-12-02 7:35 PM Akuma
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 8, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Discussions on race day weakness, long course nutrition, RPE on race day and the key to a successful Ironman marathon

date : July 14, 2008
author : Birkierunner
comments : 2
Watch the highlights and tips of this years IMWI BT mini-camp put on by Birkierunner.
date : July 2, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
Is there a magic number of days off for your training plan? Is it a one size fits all or an an individual choice?

date : June 27, 2006
author : Ron
Motivational and inspirational interviews of BT members beginning July 2nd, 2006
date : June 18, 2006
author : Team BT
The lateral pulldown strength exercise instruction with picture and video

date : January 29, 2006
author : Team BT
I started the Beginner Triathlete training program in earnest after Chinese New Year. I viewed the distances in the peak week with trepidation - how on earth would I manage it?
date : April 19, 2005
author : Ron
How to configure and use your triathlon training log or blog.

date : October 17, 2004
author : infosteward
I want your tastes to be satisfied. I want you to feel like you’re coming home each Monday when you view the new articles uploaded to the site.