BT Development Mentor Program Archives » More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 102

2017-01-18 5:59 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition

Originally posted by Richardsdrr

Anyone else having problems uploading direct from Training Peaks to BT? Haven't been able to do it for a while now. I fill in my username/password, click list activities but keep getting an "Oops!" error message. I use the Training Peaks upload option to upload ny Trainer Road workouts.

TP changed their policy on exports in December.  Now you can sync TO TP but not from TP.  :-/

2017-01-18 8:26 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Hey everyone sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. I had my mum come and stay as she was up for a work thing.

I got to go running with her a couple of times which was great. It was fantastic just to run in silence along the road with her, it made me realise what a truly amazing person she is and how lucky I have been to have her as my mum.
2017-01-18 10:29 PM
in reply to: Jet Black

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by Jet Black
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Anyone else having problems uploading direct from Training Peaks to BT? Haven't been able to do it for a while now. I fill in my username/password, click list activities but keep getting an "Oops!" error message. I use the Training Peaks upload option to upload ny Trainer Road workouts.

Hmm, i didn't know you could do that. I gave up on getting my trainer road workouts onto BT a long time ago.

I download them from TR and then upload them here.  Works fine, though it doesn't copy some of the power data  like TSS and IF.

lol, if it doesn't do it automatically it's not happening. ain't nobody got time fo dat!

tru dat!

2017-01-19 5:20 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
Subject: RE: More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by cdban66

Hey everyone, we are now closed to new members unless they are willing to "convince" (bribe?) us that they belong in here. So this is our group for 2017. I am looking forward to another great year. As you probably noticed, we are a bit chatty at times and not solely about triathlon training. I have found that this sort of thing helps me learn a bit about folks outside of tri's, which is essential for training/life balance and I am better able to give advice with that in mind. No sense telling someone to train for 15 hours a week when they are unable to maintain that volume due to life. A few housekeeping pieces, some of which we have recently seen.

• Please open your logs to the group members.
  • Please stop in occasionally, if only to post that life has you overwhelmed and you are barely getting by. We truly understand and some of us have been there before. I can think of at least three folks in here that are undergoing some pretty major life adjustments. We are here to support you, no matter what the challenge.
  • Participate wherever you can, even if just to re-iterate someone else's point. It can be helpful to know that something that is asked about has worked for multiple people.
  • No questions are out of bounds. While Janyne and I try to admin the group, remember, this is your group and we are all here for each other.

I'm  sure I've missed stuff, what with people wandering into my office and asking me to work (the nerve!) so feel free to add on.

Not just open your logs but actually, you know log stuff! (and if you are not currently training for some reason, putting posting pet photos, etc. will at least let us know that you are still around!)

Or blog about your Stitch Fix fails, as I have done.
2017-01-19 5:22 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois

Hmm, i didn't know you could do that. I gave up on getting my trainer road workouts onto BT a long time ago.

I didn't know about this either.
2017-01-19 7:22 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by StaceyK Hey everyone sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. I had my mum come and stay as she was up for a work thing. I got to go running with her a couple of times which was great. It was fantastic just to run in silence along the road with her, it made me realise what a truly amazing person she is and how lucky I have been to have her as my mum.

awwww

2017-01-19 7:42 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by StaceyK Hey everyone sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. I had my mum come and stay as she was up for a work thing. I got to go running with her a couple of times which was great. It was fantastic just to run in silence along the road with her, it made me realise what a truly amazing person she is and how lucky I have been to have her as my mum.

awwww

double awwww

2017-01-19 7:47 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

I download them from TR and then upload them here.  Works fine, though it doesn't copy some of the power data  like TSS and IF.

lol, if it doesn't do it automatically it's not happening. ain't nobody got time fo dat!

That's the price ya pay ta play.   

2017-01-19 8:19 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by StaceyK

Hey everyone sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. I had my mum come and stay as she was up for a work thing.

I got to go running with her a couple of times which was great. It was fantastic just to run in silence along the road with her, it made me realise what a truly amazing person she is and how lucky I have been to have her as my mum.

That's great!!
2017-01-19 8:30 AM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Glad you were able to do that!

2017-01-19 9:10 AM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Glad you were able to do that!

Yep, that right there is cool stuff!

2017-01-19 9:59 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

awwww

x2 - that is awesome. Makes me want to go hug my mom. 

Thanks for that bit of appreciation

2017-01-19 10:14 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

LOVE this!!!  Cherish those special moments.

2017-01-19 10:17 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Nice mom appreciation post. I ran my first 10K ever when I was about 7 yrs old with my mom. It was the Terry Fox run in Toronto. We trained together before school for a couple months and it's to this day and will always be my best running memory. Is it Mothers Day!? lol

Changing topics, I'm moving into a new house next month and my new garage has a slight slant to it. Do any of you ride your trainer in a slanted garage and if so, does it make a difference? I have another option to put it in a small room in the house but my, and more so my wife's preference is for it to be in the garage. Thanks!
2017-01-19 1:02 PM

User image

Expert

Originally posted by bmarsh8386 20 Weeks to Victoria 70.3! I think I am going to do the level 5 Matt Fitzgerald plan with a few tweaks since I can't get to the pool 3 days a week. If you do a half marathon during training, what week do you usually do it? Barbara

I've never done a half marathon as part of a half iron build.  It should certainly work out fine but I don't know what week I'd put it in.  What does the plan look like about four weeks out from Victoria 70.3?

I've done a half Marathon during my build up for a HIM. It was kind of the same thing coincidence and funsies. I juggled things around a bit and had it fall so it went into a recovery week. It's a great confidence builder going into a HIM.
2017-01-19 1:45 PM
in reply to: TXTriRook

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by TXTriRook

Nice mom appreciation post. I ran my first 10K ever when I was about 7 yrs old with my mom. It was the Terry Fox run in Toronto. We trained together before school for a couple months and it's to this day and will always be my best running memory. Is it Mothers Day!? lol

Changing topics, I'm moving into a new house next month and my new garage has a slight slant to it. Do any of you ride your trainer in a slanted garage and if so, does it make a difference? I have another option to put it in a small room in the house but my, and more so my wife's preference is for it to be in the garage. Thanks!

Shouldn't matter. In fact if you point your bike uphill it will be more comfortable to you and actually closer simulate riding out on the road. When you're on the road you have a pretty big force pushing you backwards onto your seat and taking pressure off of your arms that you don't have while riding stationary. Front wheel a bit higher than rear wheel will do the same thing.

2017-01-19 2:19 PM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by TXTriRook Nice mom appreciation post. I ran my first 10K ever when I was about 7 yrs old with my mom. It was the Terry Fox run in Toronto. We trained together before school for a couple months and it's to this day and will always be my best running memory. Is it Mothers Day!? lol Changing topics, I'm moving into a new house next month and my new garage has a slight slant to it. Do any of you ride your trainer in a slanted garage and if so, does it make a difference? I have another option to put it in a small room in the house but my, and more so my wife's preference is for it to be in the garage. Thanks!
Shouldn't matter. In fact if you point your bike uphill it will be more comfortable to you and actually closer simulate riding out on the road. When you're on the road you have a pretty big force pushing you backwards onto your seat and taking pressure off of your arms that you don't have while riding stationary. Front wheel a bit higher than rear wheel will do the same thing.

Might be able to level it somehow too. Most always have a front wheel stand in there, so see what options you have.

Think a sideways lean would be incredibly annoying.

2017-01-19 2:44 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by TXTriRook Nice mom appreciation post. I ran my first 10K ever when I was about 7 yrs old with my mom. It was the Terry Fox run in Toronto. We trained together before school for a couple months and it's to this day and will always be my best running memory. Is it Mothers Day!? lol Changing topics, I'm moving into a new house next month and my new garage has a slight slant to it. Do any of you ride your trainer in a slanted garage and if so, does it make a difference? I have another option to put it in a small room in the house but my, and more so my wife's preference is for it to be in the garage. Thanks!

I always have my front tire on an old telephone book b/c that little raise seems more comfortable.

2017-01-19 3:20 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Cool, thanks everyone. I'm going to give it a shot. Thankfully I'll be able to point the front wheel "uphill" so it won't be a sideways slant which could definitely be a disaster. I've been hooked on Zwift these days for my rides and no matter how easy I try and ride, those darn sprints get me pushing like I'm racing a 40. I'm yet to fall off my bike but definitely been close a couple times.
2017-01-19 5:17 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

It only takes me 2 extra clicks of ghetto mouse now. In fact, it's probably easier than the TP upload option. I generally pull up the trainerroad ride description page to copy over the description to BT and TP. Basically I click the download button on the ride page, click to the ride description page, copy the text, drag and drop the ride file to BT and upload it, then paste ride description.
2017-01-19 5:17 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

TP changed their policy on exports in December.  Now you can sync TO TP but not from TP.  :-/

Thanks.

2017-01-19 7:04 PM

User image

Expert

Originally posted by TXTriRook

I have my bike on a slight incline and find it more comfortable than on a level surface.
2017-01-20 7:25 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

I always have my front tire on an old telephone book b/c that little raise seems more comfortable.

A what? 

2017-01-20 8:10 AM

User image

Expert

A what? 

It must be an antique
2017-01-20 9:15 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella

A what? 

It must be an antique

I know! It should be in a museum, but it is a bit of a wreck after being abused the way it has! 

ETA: my area still delivers phone books yearly or at least they did until very recently, I can't remember if I got and then promptly threw one out the last 2 years.

Edited by amd723 2017-01-20 9:16 AM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed Rss Feed  

of 102