BT Development Mentor Program Archives » More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 102

2017-03-29 12:44 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by rrrunner

I met with Coach Scott last evening. It wasn't what I expected. I thought we'd be speaking generalities but he got down to details of what each week will look like. I gave him the travel weekends that I have already set but he knows there will be more.

Ironically, I tweaked my back just before leaving to go see him. So for two hours I worked really hard not to let on that I was hurting. (Not sure why I didn't want to let him know) I go see the chiro today so hopefully he'll set me straight.

I hope that you are happy with how the meeting went and that your back issue is resolved quickly.

I met with Jackie last week and we went over the annual training plan stuff.  It sounds like was more general than what you discussed with Coach Scott.  What are my goals for the du next month, how many centuries will be planned before Lou, we decided to ditch masters and go with workouts that she writes for me (cannot do them at masters due to non standard pool size, plus swimming at the Y has been fine). I still need to decide if I am going to do Blue Ridge Breakaway or not.

Oh... and the look on his face when I told him I'm hoping to get in to MCM! What?! It's a month after IMChoo, that's plenty of recovery/rebuild time! Right?!

I guess it depends on what you want to get out of MCM ;-)

Podium

2017-03-29 1:27 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I met with Coach Scott last evening. It wasn't what I expected. I thought we'd be speaking generalities but he got down to details of what each week will look like. I gave him the travel weekends that I have already set but he knows there will be more.

Ironically, I tweaked my back just before leaving to go see him. So for two hours I worked really hard not to let on that I was hurting. (Not sure why I didn't want to let him know) I go see the chiro today so hopefully he'll set me straight.

I hope that you are happy with how the meeting went and that your back issue is resolved quickly.

I met with Jackie last week and we went over the annual training plan stuff.  It sounds like was more general than what you discussed with Coach Scott.  What are my goals for the du next month, how many centuries will be planned before Lou, we decided to ditch masters and go with workouts that she writes for me (cannot do them at masters due to non standard pool size, plus swimming at the Y has been fine). I still need to decide if I am going to do Blue Ridge Breakaway or not.

Oh... and the look on his face when I told him I'm hoping to get in to MCM! What?! It's a month after IMChoo, that's plenty of recovery/rebuild time! Right?!

I guess it depends on what you want to get out of MCM ;-)

Podium

Totally doable!  Totally!

2017-03-30 8:03 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
I saw on Strava that Robin has made it to Oceanside!! Woot woot!!

Meanwhile we've got a forecast of severe storms for Galveston Sunday, just hope we get to race at this point.
2017-03-30 9:05 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Jet Black I saw on Strava that Robin has made it to Oceanside!! Woot woot!! Meanwhile we've got a forecast of severe storms for Galveston Sunday, just hope we get to race at this point.

Ugh!  Well, you can't control the weather. Still, we'll be sending good weather thoughts your way!  May you always have a tailwind!

2017-03-30 9:31 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Jet Black I saw on Strava that Robin has made it to Oceanside!! Woot woot!! Meanwhile we've got a forecast of severe storms for Galveston Sunday, just hope we get to race at this point.

Ugh!  Well, you can't control the weather. Still, we'll be sending good weather thoughts your way!  May you always have a tailwind!

Galveston, oh Galveston...

2017-03-30 9:32 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

'scuse me while I go add MCM to my list of races...

2017-03-30 9:34 AM

User image

Originally posted by Jet Black

Meanwhile we've got a forecast of severe storms for Galveston Sunday, just hope we get to race at this point.

Hopefully the weather "experts" whiffed as they often do in TX! I know you've been training hard for this one so fingers crossed the gun goes off and you get that podium spot.
2017-03-30 9:43 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

You go in?!  Woo hoo!

2017-03-30 9:51 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

You go in?!  Woo hoo!

I'm stoked! I'll be running it with DS2 (unless the navy decides he needs to be someplace else) so that is what makes it really special.

2017-03-30 9:53 AM

User image

Katy, Texas

You go in?!  Woo hoo!

I'm stoked! I'll be running it with DS2 (unless the navy decides he needs to be someplace else) so that is what makes it really special.

Awesome!!
2017-03-30 9:53 AM
in reply to: TXTriRook

User image

Katy, Texas
Thanks y'all. Yeah you never know with springtime weather, we'll have to see.

2017-03-30 10:10 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

You go in?!  Woo hoo!

2017-03-30 10:28 AM

User image

2017-03-30 10:52 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

You go in?!  Woo hoo!

Did you give Coach Scott a heart attack?

2017-03-30 11:11 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

You go in?!  Woo hoo!

Did you give Coach Scott a heart attack?

His response was "Congrats, Will calculate that into training plan"

Based on the look he gave me when I told him about it that was a reluctant Congrats.

2017-03-30 11:40 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Originally posted by fortissimo

So I'm quoting a post that didn't post because that's how I roll!

Sean, sending you tons of positive weather thoughts! I have a friend/training partner who is racing as well!

O-Side is beautiful! In fact, Greg and I decided we may retire here. The bike lanes are huge and I felt safer than I have the past few years training in Boulder.

In other news, if someone can tell me how to get rid of my cold before Saturday, I would love you forever!

2017-03-30 11:44 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

You go in?!  Woo hoo!

That is truly special and awesome, I'm so happy for you both!!

2017-03-30 11:49 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

So I'm quoting a post that didn't post because that's how I roll! Sean, sending you tons of positive weather thoughts! I have a friend/training partner who is racing as well! O-Side is beautiful! In fact, Greg and I decided we may retire here. The bike lanes are huge and I felt safer than I have the past few years training in Boulder. In other news, if someone can tell me how to get rid of my cold before Saturday, I would love you forever!

O'side is beautiful.  The course was wonderful, for the most part. The bumpy part on the bike was short, otherwise it was amazing. Have a blast! Sorry, no ideas for the cold.

2017-03-30 1:24 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

So I'm quoting a post that didn't post because that's how I roll! Sean, sending you tons of positive weather thoughts! I have a friend/training partner who is racing as well! O-Side is beautiful! In fact, Greg and I decided we may retire here. The bike lanes are huge and I felt safer than I have the past few years training in Boulder. In other news, if someone can tell me how to get rid of my cold before Saturday, I would love you forever!

I'm glad that you are enjoying the area.  It's definitely high on my list of places to visit.

2017-03-30 1:28 PM

User image

Katy, Texas

So I'm quoting a post that didn't post because that's how I roll!

Sean, sending you tons of positive weather thoughts! I have a friend/training partner who is racing as well!

O-Side is beautiful! In fact, Greg and I decided we may retire here. The bike lanes are huge and I felt safer than I have the past few years training in Boulder.

In other news, if someone can tell me how to get rid of my cold before Saturday, I would love you forever!

Stay in bed and sleep all day except getting out to shake the legs and keep them primed!! Try emergenC, it's worked for me before. Glad you are enjoying the local!
2017-03-30 1:31 PM

User image

MCM and DS2. Hmmm....am I the only one that has no idea what these acronyms mean?

2017-03-30 1:49 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by TXTriRook

MCM and DS2. Hmmm....am I the only one that has no idea what these acronyms mean?

Currently in my house it is DD2, which would be Dipsh!t Daughter 2. I'm sure TJ is kinder than I.

2017-03-30 1:59 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

MCM = Marine Corps Marathon

DS2 is Dear/Darling/Damn Son #2

2017-03-30 2:00 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by cdban66

Currently in my house it is DD2, which would be Dipsh!t Daughter 2. I'm sure TJ is kinder than I.

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder!

2017-03-30 2:01 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by cdban66

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder!

The same can probably said for absenth...

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed Rss Feed  

of 102