General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin Connect/Training Peaks/Iphone Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-12-27 2:26 PM

Subject: Garmin Connect/Training Peaks/Iphone
Good afternoon all,
I recently purchased a used 910xt, which uses Ant + technology, and my Iphone 6 only uses Bluetooth. I just ordered a Garmin ant+ adapter so that I can use it on my Iphone 6 (I have the lightning pin adapter already).

My questions are this - Will I be able to upload my workouts to Garmin Connect Mobile on my Iphone 6 using this ant+ adapter from Garmin?

Second, assuming I can upload from the watch to the phone, will Garmin Connect mobile sync my workouts to Training Peaks like the web version of Garmin Connect?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alex

2016-12-28 4:54 PM
in reply to: #5208177

User image

Connecticut
Subject: RE: Garmin Connect/Training Peaks/Iphone
Alex.

I have basically the same set up as you do. I don't sync my workouts through my iPhone, I use my computer. (So I can't help on your main question).

But as soon as I reset my activity on my 910xt. As long as I have my ant+ USB in my comp; my workout goes to Garmin Connect automatically. I then have TrainingPeaks connected to my
Garmin Connect account (the two companies have integrated) so my workout is instantly there within seconds.

I thought I was going to need iPhone to watch connectivity when I got the 910xt. But I find it super easy to use this way.

2016-12-28 9:19 PM
in reply to: #5208263

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I tried deleting and adding the device in an attempt to fix the issue, but now I can't get GE to pair with my watch anymore.

And the saga continues.
2016-12-30 11:31 AM
in reply to: linkslefty

User image

Regular
SF Bay area

The 910 won't do that.  If you can, return the 910 and get the 920.  I just upgraded to that and it synchs to my iPhone amazingly fast and with no interaction on my part.  By the time I'm out of the pool and to my locker, it has often already uploaded and I get a notification that TrainingPeaks has received a new workout.  BTW, the reason I upgraded was because the synching of the 910 was a hit and miss thing that sometimes required restarting the watch and/or Garmin Express.

2017-01-04 2:21 PM
in reply to: linkslefty

User image

Oviedo, Florida
Alex,
Before I got my Galaxy S7, I had to buy a dongle thingy to attach to my S3 to give it ANT+ capability - similar to what you're doing on your iPhone. Now my S7 has ANT+ built in, so that's not an issue. What I did end up getting was an app called Uploader for Garmin (not sure if he has an IOS version or not).

This Uploader app turns on the ant+ and grabs the data from my 910XT. I can then export it to whatever I want... Garmin Connect, Strava etc. and it shows up immediately in the Garmin Connect app (BT too since I have those two sync'd).

Seems to work pretty well. My 220 has bluetooth so no messing around with ANT +.

Like Tom mentioned, 920xt would be the way to go since they're so cheap now, but I didn't have that option when I purchased my 910XT several years ago.

Definitely not as seemless as bluetooth on my 220 or wireless on my wife's 620, but it does work. IIRC the Garmin Uploader app was not free, but I think it was only 5 bucks.

--
Dave
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin Connect/Training Peaks/Iphone Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

NEW: Auto-Workout Transfer to BT Training Log with Garmin Connect Pages: 1 2

Started by Ron
Views: 13081 Posts: 26

2016-04-22 6:09 PM twnkltoz

Garmin Connect vs Strava vs Training Peaks

Started by Meathead
Views: 28337 Posts: 17

2014-08-26 2:17 PM Jason N

Workout/Training Planning: Garmin Connect, Training Peaks, BT?

Started by runningmon
Views: 3355 Posts: 4

2014-02-04 5:08 AM marcag

Confusion: Garmin Connect vs Training Peaks??

Started by tigers75
Views: 5576 Posts: 10

2013-07-15 3:59 PM siouxcityhawk

Comparing Training Data - Garmin and Training Peaks

Started by Northern ivy
Views: 1147 Posts: 1

2010-12-30 3:15 PM Northern ivy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 12, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
In this review, we put the Garmin Forerunner 405 and the Suunto T6C heart-rate and GPS watches through the wringers.

date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!
date : March 26, 2008
author : Team BT
Instructions on how to directly upload routes from your Garmin training device into your training logs.

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : May 16, 2005
author : AMSSM
Discussions on base training, intensity training, peaking and tapering, racing and competition and recovery and restoration.