BT Development Mentor Program Archives » The Dominon - Beginner Focused Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 22

2017-02-08 1:07 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Subject: RE: No swims
Well....went to the pool Monday am and saw that it was closed; checked the club app and saw where alerts that the pool was closed. Lesson learned...check the app. So, checked the app several times yesterday and then again this am and no alert regarding the opening of the pool; decided to call and what do they tell me?....the pool is open........ . Minor in the big scheme of things so.....I ended up doing 2 trainer sessions by default. First time of back to back days on the bike in ages....still need to increase this activity.....

I've read many of the posts on the training activities, equipment, etc.....the runs/biking distances are impressive! Congrats to all!

Snow day here locally today.....still coming down. Will get in another "cross training" activity this afternoon when I clear our drive plus a neighbor's drive while they are away.

My 910XT died early last week; worked with Garmin and even though it was out of warranty they worked with me and sent me a replacement. Used it for the first time today; worked fine except for transferring the distance when I downloaded the info to Garmin Connect. Will keep an eye on that....

Plan to sign up for the 4/30 sprint here in the next few days.......

Wow.....pretty much a rambling post.................................................

Edited by 2NewKnees 2017-02-08 1:16 PM

2017-02-08 2:20 PM
in reply to: 2NewKnees

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bill, you likely did, but I just want to make sure. Did you make sure to remove the old 910 XT from your Garmin Connect file and add / sync the new 910 XT to it? If not, then do so, and your problem is solved.
2017-02-08 8:27 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Hello Todd!

Yes, before I registered the new 910 I deleted the old one. But, I appreciate you sending the reminder. I used my old 405 for my treadmill session and it didn't transfer the distance either. Current on software also. It was a little buggy downloading it today as well. I'll see what happens after my session tomorrow.

In looking at my rambling post I mention doing bike sessions on back to back days.....wrong...Monday and Wednesday.....my snow removal "cross training" was quite the workout! 4+ inches of heavy wet snow.....good thing about the weather is it'll be in 40's and maybe 50's by a the weekend.
2017-02-08 9:19 PM
in reply to: joshwennes

Subject: RE: Refueling strategy
Originally posted by joshwennes

Well, after nearly a week off(vehicle broke down, unable to get to the gym unfortunately), I'm back in the saddle again. I've been fighting with some weight gain and hunger issues lately which is incredibly frustrating given my history in the past year and a half. Hoping to battle with that a bit more and correct it.

Hey Josh, I have been consistent but struggling with motivation and part of my issue is the weather in Michigan. Also stuck on a bit of a weight plateau. Just keep moving forward! You have done great so far and have already accomplished many things I aspire to. Your story lets me know it's possible. Looking forward to hearing about your next success!
2017-02-09 8:31 AM
in reply to: mistercdub

User image

Originally posted by mistercdub

Well, after nearly a week off(vehicle broke down, unable to get to the gym unfortunately), I'm back in the saddle again. I've been fighting with some weight gain and hunger issues lately which is incredibly frustrating given my history in the past year and a half. Hoping to battle with that a bit more and correct it.

Hey Josh, I have been consistent but struggling with motivation and part of my issue is the weather in Michigan. Also stuck on a bit of a weight plateau. Just keep moving forward! You have done great so far and have already accomplished many things I aspire to. Your story lets me know it's possible. Looking forward to hearing about your next success!

Thanks mistercdub! It's been a rough few months despite the past success. I've gone up about 20 pounds, and I've slipped back into poor eating habits. I really need to get it turned around. It amazes me that I succeeded at first, especially now seeing how hard it is to kick it again. The first time didn't seem like this much of a struggle. I know biologically, winter is a time where we generally hold on to weight, but I lost 30-40 pounds last winter, so it should be possible. All I can do is just keep trucking along. My hunger has been a big issue. This winter I started a new position at my job where I'm at a desk 8 hours as opposed to being on my feet and moving or sitting at a machine that allowed me to drink, but not really to eat unless I was on my break. That's a lot of it I'm sure.
2017-02-10 10:41 AM

User image

Subject: RE: Garmin Uploads
Anyone having issued with Garmin connect uploads? Distances not showing in Garmin when I've uploaded my old 405 from Wednesday and replaced 910 after this morning's swim. Curiously, the distances show up in my training log here on this site.....crazy. Will contact Garmin to see what's up. Software for watches are current. Will now check my wife's Garmin site to see if her 910 is uploading distances. Oh well....

OK swim this am.....

2017-02-11 4:02 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran

Originally posted by mistercdub

Thanks mistercdub! It's been a rough few months despite the past success. I've gone up about 20 pounds, and I've slipped back into poor eating habits. I really need to get it turned around. It amazes me that I succeeded at first, especially now seeing how hard it is to kick it again. The first time didn't seem like this much of a struggle. I know biologically, winter is a time where we generally hold on to weight, but I lost 30-40 pounds last winter, so it should be possible. All I can do is just keep trucking along. My hunger has been a big issue. This winter I started a new position at my job where I'm at a desk 8 hours as opposed to being on my feet and moving or sitting at a machine that allowed me to drink, but not really to eat unless I was on my break. That's a lot of it I'm sure.

I can tell you from experience that the desk job plays a huge roll in it. I switched from a desk and within a month and a half lost twelve lbs strictly because I was having to get in and out of a vehicle and walk around throughout the day . try to force yourself to take a few walks around the office during the day when / if you can.

Edited by Hunting Triathlete 2017-02-11 4:10 AM
2017-02-11 10:09 AM

User image

Subject: RE: Three Rides this Week
Yeah!!!!! 3 rides this week.....they were short but got my butt back in the saddle more this week than in a long long time.......still "miles" to go!!!

Have a great weekend all!!
2017-02-12 11:04 AM

User image

New user
Subject: RE:
Friday I went for my second swim of the season. I did my usual 400m warm up and then planned on 10x50s followed by 200 recovery and then 5x100s. During my 400 warm up I recalled that I need to become comfortable breathing on both sides not just my left as most of my open water races had waves that made me switch from the olympic distance to the sprint as I was undertrained and not comfortable swimming in those conditions. I've also noticed that when I swim I have a slight hesitation with my right arm. During this swim I decided to practice breathing on both sides. One lap to the left side the next to the right. Much to my surprise, I was moving about 10 seconds per 100m faster than last week! I also noticed my hesitation on the right arm to be gone!

Hope everyone's training is going well. My 5k and 8k irish double race is coming up fast and my run training has been derailed. The bottoms of my feet ache. I had this happen last month and took a few days off and they were better. I'm trying to do the same this month but they still ache. Blaming my treadmill shoes and have replaced them. Still waiting for my feet to return to normal before I test the theory.

Since Friday I've been pretty much on the couch. Came down with a head cold that just knocked me out. Feeling much better today already but I slept for nearly 14 hours. Depending on how I feel later today I might jump on the trainer for a quick 30 minute easy ride.

Scott
2017-02-12 12:12 PM
in reply to: scottjjmtri99

User image

North Grafton, Massachusetts
Originally posted by scottjjmtri99

Friday I went for my second swim of the season. I did my usual 400m warm up and then planned on 10x50s followed by 200 recovery and then 5x100s. During my 400 warm up I recalled that I need to become comfortable breathing on both sides not just my left as most of my open water races had waves that made me switch from the olympic distance to the sprint as I was undertrained and not comfortable swimming in those conditions. I've also noticed that when I swim I have a slight hesitation with my right arm. During this swim I decided to practice breathing on both sides. One lap to the left side the next to the right. Much to my surprise, I was moving about 10 seconds per 100m faster than last week! I also noticed my hesitation on the right arm to be gone!

Hope everyone's training is going well. My 5k and 8k irish double race is coming up fast and my run training has been derailed. The bottoms of my feet ache. I had this happen last month and took a few days off and they were better. I'm trying to do the same this month but they still ache. Blaming my treadmill shoes and have replaced them. Still waiting for my feet to return to normal before I test the theory.

Since Friday I've been pretty much on the couch. Came down with a head cold that just knocked me out. Feeling much better today already but I slept for nearly 14 hours. Depending on how I feel later today I might jump on the trainer for a quick 30 minute easy ride.

Scott

Nice job on the swim workout, Scott! I made the commitment when I first started learning to swim to learn how to breathe bilaterally. It took a little getting used to, but now it is second nature. It's pretty much second nature for me to breathe every 3 strokes without having to even think about it and I am equally comfortable breathing to either side. While I'd guess I've done more counterclockwise swims, I bet at least 1/3 of my races have gone clockwise, including one of my Olympics.
2017-02-12 12:28 PM
in reply to: rjchilds8

User image

Subject: Pool etiquette
I had a situation at my swim workout this morning that aggravated me, but was curious how other people would feel about this situation and what is typical pool etiquette. As I arrived at the pool, it was fairly crowded, but the last lane was open. This lane has the stairs in it, so I actually like that lane during busy times because most people won't try to put 2 people in that lane. Well, today I got a guy that apparently didn't feel that way. I was already in the water, but not more than 10-20 seconds, and he sat down on the edge of the pool at the far side and dangles his feet in the water. I look at him, then I look at the stairs, then I look back at him. He looked at me and clearly wasn't going to move. Unless you can pretty much guarantee that you're going to go about the same speed as me, then you're going to run into problems when 2 people end up at that end of the pool at the same time. It's just too crowded for 2 people, in my opinion.

There were other lanes to choose from. It isn't like every other lane had two people in them. Why would you choose to get into a shared lane that had the stairs if you had other choices? Honestly, it pissed me off. I don't understand why you would intentionally make things more difficult than they have to be. Just looking at the guy wearing board shorts, I got the impression he wasn't a capable enough swimmer to keep up with my pace (and I have just average speed). Rather than have the inevitable confusion when both of us arrived at the end of the pool with the stairs at the same time, I got out of the lane (even though I was in it first) and joined a woman in the next lane over.

Based on what I saw after that, I think it may have been a passive-aggressive attempt to get me out of the lane. First, the guy starts doing something I can only guess was a kind of backwards kicking drill with a pull buoy behind his head. Very shortly after that, he was joined by both a teenaged boy and a teenaged girl. I'm going to guess those were his kids and he was basically trying to get the lane for him and his kids to use. It just pissed me off that much more. I kept hoping he would be stopped at the end of the pool where I started so I could give him a piece of my mind, but unfortunately that opportunity never presented itself.

His motivation aside, am I just crazy? If you are in a lane that has stairs at one end, meaning not enough room for two people at the same time, how would you feel about someone getting in that lane when there are other lanes that could be shared? It just makes no sense to me.

2017-02-12 7:00 PM

User image

Subject: RE: Pool etiquette
Frustrating....and no, you're not crazy! Some folks just don't seem to want to share lanes. I experience it occasionally at our club. On the other hand, some of the ones that won't share a lane I wouldn't necessarily want to share one with them based on their unusual swimming techniques.....I'm certainly not an expert swimmer by any means myself.

Fortunately, there are other swimmers I regularly see at the pool and we've become used to sharing when it's necessary. I always try to make eye contact with them just to be sure they know....I try to do the same with others when they are waiting. Actually a couple weeks ago a younger fellow let me share and it was the last lane where the side ladder is located. I asked him if he wanted me to use that side of the lane and he said he didn't mind. So off we went. Wasn't long into the swim the lane next to us opened up and I moved over. Thought it was quite nice of him to share as he did.

It's a learning process....I started swimming only 4 years ago; our daughter swam in HS and College-she was good to give me tips on pool etiquette as well.

Have a great week of training!!!!!
2017-02-12 9:54 PM

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area
Originally posted by rjchilds8

• His motivation aside, am I just crazy? If you are in a lane that has stairs at one end, meaning not enough room for two people at the same time, how would you feel about someone getting in that lane when there are other lanes that could be shared? It just makes no sense to me.

You are not crazy. My pool has one lane with stairs but it is big enough for 2 lanes of traffic. However, when there is am aqua fitness class afterwards, the participants get in the lane early, walk to the middle of the 2 lanes and just stand there. They are in my bloody lane!! Yes, they are being passive-aggressive to get you out of the lane early. I have switched lanes like you have to avoid conflict but the last time, I was too pissed and determine to finish my workout. I swam right into them, ducked my head and kept on swimming. I didn't notice anyone in my lane after that.

Frustrating! If you complain, I bet they would make it seem like you are being unreasonable.
    Glad that you chose to take the next lane and get your workout done.
    2017-02-13 9:33 AM
    in reply to: Lovey

User image

" I was too pissed and determine to finish my workout. I swam right into them, ducked my head and kept on swimming. I didn't notice anyone in my lane after that."

Now that made me LOL!!!!!
    2017-02-13 5:58 PM
    in reply to: Lovey

User image

Originally posted by Lovey

Originally posted by rjchilds8

• His motivation aside, am I just crazy? If you are in a lane that has stairs at one end, meaning not enough room for two people at the same time, how would you feel about someone getting in that lane when there are other lanes that could be shared? It just makes no sense to me.

You are not crazy. My pool has one lane with stairs but it is big enough for 2 lanes of traffic. However, when there is am aqua fitness class afterwards, the participants get in the lane early, walk to the middle of the 2 lanes and just stand there. They are in my bloody lane!! Yes, they are being passive-aggressive to get you out of the lane early. I have switched lanes like you have to avoid conflict but the last time, I was too pissed and determine to finish my workout. I swam right into them, ducked my head and kept on swimming. I didn't notice anyone in my lane after that.

Frustrating! If you complain, I bet they would make it seem like you are being unreasonable.
    Glad that you chose to take the next lane and get your workout done.

OK, good. Sounds like I'm not the only one to encounter crazy people (or at least people I think are crazy) at the pool. I remember going to the pool for the first few times and not knowin what to do. I think the first couple times I just sat on a bench and waited until someone got out to open up a lane. By the third time, I approached the life guard and asked what the etiquette was to let someone know you wanted to share a lane. Even now, knowing what the etiquette is for joining someone in a lane, I wouldn't pull this stunt in the lane with the stairs. It's too narrow for two people at the end with the stairs, plain and simple.
    2017-02-13 6:06 PM

User image

Subject: Pool questions, part II
    So along with my encounter with the crazy guy at the pool, I managed to complete a decent workout. I started off with my usual warm-up and felt like I was actually carrying a pretty decent pace. However, when I finished and took a look at my lap counter, I was surprised to see that my pace wasn't nearly as good as I thought. I rested a couple minutes to try to let my heart rate come back a little closer to normal before setting off on a long set. Naturally, I had lots of free time to let my mind wander.

I started to wonder if sharing the lane with another person caused me to swim slower. I know that I'm always afraid that I'm going to turn at the end of the pool and the other person is going to be too far to the middle of the lane and I'm going to crash into them. It's just another reason I hate sharing a lane with someone that has a noticeable difference in pace (faster or slower) from my own. Does anyone else notice if their lap times or average pace seems to be slower when they share a lane? Or, again, is it just me?!

2017-02-14 6:57 AM

User image

Veteran
    Deep South, Georgia

I think I would have stayed in the lane. Remember triathlon swimming is a full contact sport! Now I'm not saying run over the guy, but sometimes sharing a lane and a little contact can be a good training tool and break up the monotony of "just another swim." It could also help with sighting and awareness, always knowing where the other guy is. If you see that you are both coming up on the stairs (choke point) you could throw in a little surge to clear the area before he arrives. In other words try to find opportunities in what may not at first seem like an optimal situation. Not saying you did anything wrong, just another way to look at the situation.

2017-02-14 7:02 AM

User image

Veteran
    Deep South, Georgia
    Subject: RE: Pool questions, part II

Originally posted by rjchilds8 So along with my encounter with the crazy guy at the pool, I managed to complete a decent workout. I started off with my usual warm-up and felt like I was actually carrying a pretty decent pace. However, when I finished and took a look at my lap counter, I was surprised to see that my pace wasn't nearly as good as I thought. I rested a couple minutes to try to let my heart rate come back a little closer to normal before setting off on a long set. Naturally, I had lots of free time to let my mind wander. I started to wonder if sharing the lane with another person caused me to swim slower. I know that I'm always afraid that I'm going to turn at the end of the pool and the other person is going to be too far to the middle of the lane and I'm going to crash into them. It's just another reason I hate sharing a lane with someone that has a noticeable difference in pace (faster or slower) from my own. Does anyone else notice if their lap times or average pace seems to be slower when they share a lane? Or, again, is it just me?!

I tend to swim faster(harder at least) when sharing a lane. I think it is a competitive tendency (although maybe somewhat subconscious). As noted in my previous post. Use it as a training tool. Be aware of the other swimmers location and embrace the close proximity of another swimmer. It's kind of like riding in a closely packed peloton, unnerving at first but once you have done it a few times it is no big deal. And as far as swimming (crashing) into another swimmer, it happens sometimes. My brother and I were splitting a lane one time and crashed into each other heading opposite directions. Not sure who was at fault but we slammed pretty hard. Not a word was said, he kept going and I gathered myself and kept going. Nothing was said afterward as well. It happens.

2017-02-14 7:33 AM

User image

Veteran
    Deep South, Georgia

Originally posted by scottjjmtri99 Friday I went for my second swim of the season. I did my usual 400m warm up and then planned on 10x50s followed by 200 recovery and then 5x100s.I recalled that I need to become comfortable breathing on both sides not just my left as most of my open water races had waves that made me switch from the olympic distance to the sprint as I was undertrained and not comfortable swimming in those conditions. I've also noticed that when I swim I have a slight hesitation with my right arm. During this swim I decided to practice breathing on both sides. One lap to the left side the next to the right. Much to my surprise, I was moving about 10 seconds per 100m faster than last week! I also noticed my hesitation on the right arm to be gone! Hope everyone's training is going well. My 5k and 8k irish double race is coming up fast and my run training has been derailed. The bottoms of my feet ache. I had this happen last month and took a few days off and they were better. I'm trying to do the same this month but they still ache. Blaming my treadmill shoes and have replaced them. Still waiting for my feet to return to normal before I test the theory. Since Friday I've been pretty much on the couch. Came down with a head cold that just knocked me out. Feeling much better today already but I slept for nearly 14 hours. Depending on how I feel later today I might jump on the trainer for a quick 30 minute easy ride. Scott

Sounds familiar.  

Good job, Scott. Keep up the work!!!

2017-02-14 1:03 PM
    in reply to: Dominion

User image

Originally posted by Dominion

Originally posted by rjchilds8 So along with my encounter with the crazy guy at the pool, I managed to complete a decent workout. I started off with my usual warm-up and felt like I was actually carrying a pretty decent pace. However, when I finished and took a look at my lap counter, I was surprised to see that my pace wasn't nearly as good as I thought. I rested a couple minutes to try to let my heart rate come back a little closer to normal before setting off on a long set. Naturally, I had lots of free time to let my mind wander. I started to wonder if sharing the lane with another person caused me to swim slower. I know that I'm always afraid that I'm going to turn at the end of the pool and the other person is going to be too far to the middle of the lane and I'm going to crash into them. It's just another reason I hate sharing a lane with someone that has a noticeable difference in pace (faster or slower) from my own. Does anyone else notice if their lap times or average pace seems to be slower when they share a lane? Or, again, is it just me?!

I tend to swim faster(harder at least) when sharing a lane. I think it is a competitive tendency (although maybe somewhat subconscious). As noted in my previous post. Use it as a training tool. Be aware of the other swimmers location and embrace the close proximity of another swimmer. It's kind of like riding in a closely packed peloton, unnerving at first but once you have done it a few times it is no big deal. And as far as swimming (crashing) into another swimmer, it happens sometimes. My brother and I were splitting a lane one time and crashed into each other heading opposite directions. Not sure who was at fault but we slammed pretty hard. Not a word was said, he kept going and I gathered myself and kept going. Nothing was said afterward as well. It happens.

If I'm sharing a full lane (not pinched with the stairs), then I do approach it like you said. It wasn't that way at first and I hated sharing a lane. But I took on the mind set that you are talking about, looking at it as good practice for open water swimming. Although, you aren't usually swimming head-on at another swimmer. Still, I do try to remind myself that it's good practice and I shouldn't worry about it so much. My question was really more about the impact that has on your average pace during the workout. Because I'm spending that time and attention looking up to find that other swimmer or maybe turning at the wall more slowly, I feel like it impacts my pace so that I'm slower than I would be if I was in the lane by myself. Also like you mentioned, I did throw in a surge at one point when I was sharing the lane just to make sure I got to the end first. But her pace, and the pace of the guy that got in the lane about two laps after she got out (!), were sufficiently slower than mine that I never felt like I was racing against them.
    2017-02-15 9:35 AM

User image

Ok gang, after several weeks(multiple months really) of lackluster workouts, poor nutrtion, mediocre motivation and dedication, I'm taking the rest of this week off of working out at the gym. Something's wrong and I need a few days to recharge and refocus. That being said, Friday through Monday are supposed to be 50-60 degrees so I'll go for some outside runs. Just in case anyone is concerned about me lol.

2017-02-15 1:15 PM

Chesterfield, Virginia
    Originally posted by scottjjmtri99

Scott

I was just listening to the triathlete's training podcast and he had a guest that wrote the book on total swim immersion. He also noted faster swim times when switching breathing to other side. Very interesting.
    2017-02-16 5:24 AM
    in reply to: Geoff29610

User image

New user
    Watford
    Subject: Cough and Cold...........
    Hi.

Just a quick update, as I promised I would try and post more.

I've had a cough over the last two weeks. I don't know if anyone else here is from North London, but there were a lot of people off sick.
    The upshot is that I haven't been training for a week and a half - and it's driving me crazy.
    I'm off for my first run at lunchtime - just a short easy 5k.

I have signed up for a Super Sprint in about 12 weeks. 400m pool, 17k bike 3k run - a nice easy start to the season.
    What will be interesting is that it's the same race as I did for my first ever tri 4 years ago, so I hope to see some good progress.
    The main difficulty I will encounter is that in 8 weeks (approx 4 before the race) I'm on holiday in South Africa for 2 weeks. Most of which will be eating and drinking. Hope to get out for at least a couple of runs.

Tony.
    2017-02-16 1:33 PM
    in reply to: TonyAbbott

User image

Veteran
    Cleburne, Texas
    Subject: RE: Cough and Cold...........

Originally posted by TonyAbbott Hi. ...I'm on holiday in South Africa for 2 weeks. Most of which will be eating and drinking. Hope to get out for at least a couple of runs. Tony.

Sure, rub it in!  I would be ashamed personally. lol

Note to self: Read your workout plan BEFORE you're suited up and 15 minutes out on the bike then think "what am I doing?"

2017-02-17 6:49 AM
    in reply to: HelmoAlkou

User image

Veteran
    Deep South, Georgia
    Subject: RE: Cough and Cold...........

Originally posted by HelmoAlkou

Originally posted by TonyAbbott Hi. ...I'm on holiday in South Africa for 2 weeks. Most of which will be eating and drinking. Hope to get out for at least a couple of runs. Tony.

Sure, rub it in!  I would be ashamed personally. lol

Note to self: Read your workout plan BEFORE you're suited up and 15 minutes out on the bike then think "what am I doing?"

lol, I've been there. On the bike yes, and more often when swimming. "How's this set supposed to go again?"

New Thread
    BT Development Mentor Program Archives » The Dominon - Beginner Focused Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 22

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS)--OPEN Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76

Started by drfoodlove
    Views: 41744 Posts: 1890

2018-07-17 6:28 PM Qua17

Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete Mentor Group Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31

Started by k9car363
    Views: 38926 Posts: 762

2017-12-31 8:50 PM k9car363

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
    Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
    Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
    Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : April 29, 2016
    author : CoachSarah
    comments : 3
    Learn how to prepare and avoid the cold water freak-out

date : March 12, 2014
    author : TeamMPI
    comments : 1
    The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.
    date : June 14, 2012
    author : IndoIronYanti
    comments : 4
    MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
    comments : 0
    Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
    date : June 14, 2010
    author : Oakley
    In this Oakley Armchair Session, British triathlete Tim Don talks about a few tips to prepare you for your open water swim.

date : June 11, 2008
    author : Team BT
    comments : 2
    Are you about to race your first triathlon? Here are two great tips on swimming your first open water triathlon race.
    date : November 27, 2005
    author : Rich Strauss
    Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : June 14, 2005
    author : marmadaddy
    comments : 17
    Once you caught your breath, it occurred to you that finishing even a short triathlon might be harder than you thought. After a few "laps" you thought, "I can't believe I'm so out of shape."