BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Team Tater Tot Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2017-01-11 5:54 PM

Subject: Team Tater Tot
Name: Chris

Team Mascots: My two labs Tater and his son Tot

Story: November 2009 was my low point in life, I was tipping the scales at 350lbs and knew I had to make a drastic change through a series of minor changes and lost a 150lbs over the next two years and completed my first 70.3 a year after that followed by a 140.6 and now I have managed to become a silver level All World Athlete, by taking everything slow and celebrating every goal that I accomplished. My Number one rule, 80/20, spend 80% of your life doing what you are supposed to be doing, proper diet and exercise and 20% giving into those indulges, mine are peanut butter cups and beer.

Family Status: Single, with two dogs

Current Training: Right Now I am in a transition period, just finished a 70.3, about 8-12 hours a week before I ramp up for my next big race

This Years Races: Just finished the HITS Naples 70.3 on January 7, 2017, not my best effort due to holiday drinking and eating, but it was nice to escape Boston for a weekend. My biggest race of the year is Chattanooga 140.6, hoping to qualify for Kona, in September, I Plan on adding a marathon and a few 70.3's and shorter races for the spring and summer

My Goals for the Season: Qualify for Kona, under 3:00 Marathon to qualify for the Boston Marathon

Weight Loss: I lost 150lbs, I didn't follow and trendy diets and slowly changed how I ate and more importantly how I saw food. The BIGGEST secret to weight loss: YOU WILL ONLY LOSE WEIGHT IF YOU BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOU CONSUME, and set small attainable goals for yourself

What Will Make Me a Good Mentor: I started with zero aerobic endurance, The first day I ran I gave up less than 1/10 of a mile into it, looking back I don"t think anyone would call what I did "running" more of a kinda faster than normal walk. I know what its like to start from nothing and by sticking with it with realistic goals I have become a top age grouper that still enjoys the fat guy life style(some of the time). I am also a certified triathlon coach that can give helpful hints and encouragement to those starting out in this amazing sport

2017-03-19 8:16 AM
in reply to: Wellman77

User image

Subject: RE: Team Tater Tot
Chris,

I'm Donald. I'm just getting back into triathlon. That makes me sound like an old pro. I am not an old pro. I have done a couple sprint distance triathlons. I am interested in long course but I'm not quite there yet. My plan for this season is to complete am Olympic distance triathlon. I haven't chosen one yet. I live in Erie, PA. During the winter I am a member of the Peek N Peak Ski Patrol. I attend college online and I work a full time job as a Software Engineer.

I was drawn to your forum because of the name. When my daughter was young, she and I would go hiking together fairly often. One day she asked me why her mother and brother never came with us. I told her that they are couch potatoes and they don't like to hike. She pondered my comment for a few moments and said... Then we must be tater tots because we like to go hiking.

So, with all of that being said. I would like to join your mentoring group.

Thanks,

Donald
2017-05-25 5:08 AM
in reply to: Wellman77

Subject: RE: Team Tater Tot
Very interesting post, thanks
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Team Tater Tot Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 2, 2011
author : Comet
comments : 0
Beginner Triathlete is proud to announce and feature Team Red, White and Blue as our official charity!

date : November 9, 2010
author : lithelola
comments : 5
A bumbling non-athlete makes her determined way to the Nation's Triathlon finish line!
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : January 24, 2005
author : Team BT
Shanna Armstrong’s Journal Entry January 21, 2005 - The Race Across America
date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.

date : January 10, 2005
author : JeremyLikness
It's great to have goals, but by itself, a goal is not much. Have you ever shared with someone else that you would “try” to accomplish a goal?
date : December 12, 2004
Ultraman champion, Shanna Armstrong, to ride across USA for science.

date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.