General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Foot Pain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-02-02 11:42 AM

User image

Davenort, Iowa
Subject: Foot Pain
I had the pleasure of getting a short training run in this morning, but ran into an odd issue during it. It was structured 10' warm up with 4x20" strides. Main set was 20' at LT or 5k pace, followed by a 10' cool down. Simple enough and not the first time I have done this work out. I chose to run on a 14th mile track this morning due to me hating the treadmill. I've ran this track, with these shoes before and never noticed this issue. The issue was hot spots in my feet. I land more towards the back of the balls of my feet, not quite a mid foot or a fore foot, but between them. While trying to stay conscious of how I'm landing and pushing off, I couldn't get it to go away. It started toward the end of my warm up, around an 11' pace. I noticed my shoes felt loose, so I tightened them and took off at 5k pace, around 9:45 pace, it kept getting worse. I walked 2 laps and it subsided a bit, but picked back up when I started running again. The heat felt like it was at the surface level. I finished what I could, went to the locker room and checked my feet. Didn't notice anything. No rashes, blisters, or fungus. Skin wasn't dry or wet, at least not more than I would expect after running. The best way I can describe the pain is a callous being dry and ripping open if that makes sense. The shoes have less than 50 miles on them. I'm thinking maybe the socks are old and have lost elasticity, so they aren't hugging my feet as well as they should be, maybe. Just thought I would ask here before seeing a podiatrist, in hopes someone has encountered something similar. Thanks in advance.

2017-03-08 11:34 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: Foot Pain

While I wouldn't click on any of the above posters links (LOL), I concur that asking a doctor might be a good idea.  I had plantars warts a few years ago and it was horrible and I suffered with it for a couple of months before going to the podiatrist and getting cured in about a week.    He was also helpful in sending me to PT to combat some achilies tendonosis I had.

With respect to your specifics, shoe/sock fit is soooooo individual and I'm one of those folks that is hypersensitive to it.  Or it could just magically go away.

Edited by jmhpsu93 2017-03-08 11:36 AM
2017-03-14 11:25 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Davenort, Iowa
Subject: RE: Foot Pain
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

While I wouldn't click on any of the above posters links (LOL), I concur that asking a doctor might be a good idea.  I had plantars warts a few years ago and it was horrible and I suffered with it for a couple of months before going to the podiatrist and getting cured in about a week.    He was also helpful in sending me to PT to combat some achilies tendonosis I had.

With respect to your specifics, shoe/sock fit is soooooo individual and I'm one of those folks that is hypersensitive to it.  Or it could just magically go away.

As an update. It ended up being the socks. Probably TMI here but, my feet sweat quite heavily, always have. Anyways, the socks were so old that the "wicking" ability had degraded to much. So, bought new socks, gave it a week off running and keeping my feet dry and all is well. Still slower than molasses in winter, but at least no foot issues.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Foot Pain Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

foot pain - middle-outside of foot

Started by paddle2paddle
Views: 4907 Posts: 11

2008-02-02 9:30 AM wgraves7582

knee pain + foot pain - what is it?

Started by jesswah
Views: 987 Posts: 1

2007-09-11 4:20 PM jesswah

wierd foot pain

Started by pooh bear
Views: 1351 Posts: 7

2004-12-31 8:34 AM RGRBILL

foot pain

Started by briguy100
Views: 995 Posts: 4

2004-11-16 8:38 AM bakerscholar

foot pain after running

Started by Lisat
Views: 22687 Posts: 7

2004-06-15 5:48 PM drbones
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 10, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I will describe the more common running foot injuries and discuss contributing risk factors as well as treatments and corrections for prevention.

date : December 18, 2012
comments : 0
I expected to hurt after the marathon, and I did but there was nothing that I was immediately alarmed about. Since then, the foot pain that popped up after the marathon has not really gone away.
date : September 21, 2012
comments : 1
My foot is now in a tremendous amount of pain, it is swollen, and I can barely walk on it at all, it hurts so much. I am still putting the gel on, taking anti inflammatories, and icing. Help!

date : March 23, 2011
What could be causing the pain on the top of the foot at the toes? Here are some easy ways to find the cause and possibly end the pain.
date : August 24, 2009
I sometimes have severe pains on the top of my left foot. It feels like a knife is stabbing my inner foot on the outer portion of my foot. These pains happen mainly at night but not while riding.

date : May 12, 2008
Ever since running that marathon I have been experiencing stiffness and discomfort in my left foot, from the fourth and fifth metatarsals to about my mid foot.
date : August 7, 2007
Yesterday I ran 10 miles. At mile 7 it started feeling sore. At mile 9.5 I got a shooting pain and walked the last 1/2 mile. I have a half Ironman to do in a week and a half. What are my chances?

date : July 30, 2006
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.