General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Completing more than one race in a season Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-02-18 6:57 AM

Subject: Completing more than one race in a season
Hi

New to the forum. Maybe a stupid question. I'm following an Olympic distance plan that will prepare me for a race in July. I want to do a second Olympic event in sept. What kind of training do you guys recommend July, Aug, Sept? New program? Maintenance miles?

2017-02-18 8:46 AM
in reply to: Teety73

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Completing more than one race in a season

For a relative beginner following a stock training plan, a simple, safe, and effective option is to simply take a week after the first race to back away from structured training, then jump back into the same plan part way through so it ends at the second race.  The week after the first race, don't just sit around doing nothing, but don't train by a schedule either.  Do what you feel like, reducing the volume and average intensity.  You likely won't need this so much physically as much as it provides a mental break from the grind of structured training, and recharges you mentally.

2017-02-18 9:05 AM
in reply to: #5213869

Subject: RE: Completing more than one race in a season
That's incredibly helpful. Thanks!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Completing more than one race in a season Rss Feed