Other Resources The Political Joe » An open letter....... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2017-03-06 10:37 AM

User image

Pro
Subject: An open letter.......

Dear wife and twin 16 year old daughters,

As you probably know, on Wed., 3/8, there is a protest being formed.  It's called  "A day without women" and you are supposed to stay home from work.  I know all too well about your strong wills and opinions, and I expect you may stay home from work and school in order to show your solidarity.  I support you 100%.

I also had an idea how you could up the ante, so to speak.  If you REALLY want to make an impression on the world, maybe you should consider staying away from home on that day too.  In fact, a whole 24 hours would make the biggest impact.  Maybe after you protest you could go to Grandma's house and spend the night.  Having 3 generations protesting is a powerful statement. 

For my part, I'll maybe get a few sixes of my favorite IPA, watch a ballgame or two, and maybe fry up some fish and hush puppies.  Afterward I'll go out to the deck, light up a big fat cigar, wonder at the silence, and consider how proud I am of the stand you are taking.

Make me proud!

Dad

2017-03-06 10:52 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: RE: An open letter.......
I am impressed how much you are willing to sacrifice to make that day a great day.,
2017-03-06 11:07 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro
Tejas
IPA… in the top 3, of reasons why I no longer drink.

Make that top two….
2017-03-06 11:29 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mdg2003 IPA… in the top 3, of reasons why I no longer drink. Make that top two….

I'm damn careful with them because I love it so much and some of them are now 9 and 10% ABV.  If I ever drink Torpedo again I'll tie a rope from my belt loop to the bed post so I can be sure to find my way to bed without getting lost.

2017-03-06 12:26 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

For my part, I'll maybe get a few sixes of my favorite IPA, watch a ballgame or two, and maybe fry up some fish and hush puppies.  Afterward I'll go out to the deck, light up a big fat cigar, wonder at the silence, and consider how proud I am of the stand you are taking.

Make me proud!

Dad

I would like to join your protest!! Sounds like a hoot!!

I had a similar protest this weekend. It was chilly and windy.....so I sat in my pontoon boat in the front yard and drank some beers and listened to some tunes. It kinda felt like being at the lake.....except the view out the front of my boat was of my neighbor's house.
2017-03-07 7:25 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by Left Brain For my part, I'll maybe get a few sixes of my favorite IPA, watch a ballgame or two, and maybe fry up some fish and hush puppies.  Afterward I'll go out to the deck, light up a big fat cigar, wonder at the silence, and consider how proud I am of the stand you are taking.

Make me proud!

Dad

I would like to join your protest!! Sounds like a hoot!! I had a similar protest this weekend. It was chilly and windy.....so I sat in my pontoon boat in the front yard and drank some beers and listened to some tunes. It kinda felt like being at the lake.....except the view out the front of my boat was of my neighbor's house.

To paraphrase Jeff Foxworthy -

When you <see highlighted above>, you might be a redneck. 

2017-03-07 7:39 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by Left Brain For my part, I'll maybe get a few sixes of my favorite IPA, watch a ballgame or two, and maybe fry up some fish and hush puppies.  Afterward I'll go out to the deck, light up a big fat cigar, wonder at the silence, and consider how proud I am of the stand you are taking.

Make me proud!

Dad

I would like to join your protest!! Sounds like a hoot!! I had a similar protest this weekend. It was chilly and windy.....so I sat in my pontoon boat in the front yard and drank some beers and listened to some tunes. It kinda felt like being at the lake.....except the view out the front of my boat was of my neighbor's house.

When you , you might be a redneck. 

LOL! Ya think?

This brought back a redneck moment memory:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

2017-03-07 9:05 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Make me proud!

Dad

LOL! Ya think?

for those of us who have been left hanging for 10 years… what did you do with it?
2017-03-07 9:06 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Tejas

Make me proud!

Dad

Yeah, I'm hearing Jerry Jeff Walker looping on the 8 track here.

Edited by mdg2003 2017-03-07 9:06 AM
2017-03-07 9:11 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
The folks out in Chico used to be my favorite. Ever get into any Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada? Best beer I ever drank. So much cascade hops it smells like a frickn Christmas tree! I was looking for it in a liquor store back when I lived in Houston one year. It's a seasonal so it had not been shipped yet that year. The owner of the store said he had some 'lagering' in his cooler from the previous year and would sell me one sixer. I was reluctant. but bought it anyway. Holy buckets was it marvelous!

Edited by mdg2003 2017-03-07 9:13 AM
2017-03-07 9:29 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

Make me proud!

Dad

LOL! Ya think?

for those of us who have been left hanging for 10 years… what did you do with it?

My son and I cleaned it. We started trying to clean the hide with a knife, scrapping it but we accidently cut it. So we Googled 'how to clean hides' and found a pressure washer worked well. We tacked the hide to a board and pressure washed it and let it dry.

Just for the record, Minks stink!! After taking the hide, my hands stunk terribly the rest of the ride home. It was a smelly job cleaning the hide too.

We let it dry and I told my son to hang it up in my woodshop. My son, who was about 13 at the time, takes a 12p nail and nails the hide to my shop wall. Now, my walls are just plywood covered with wood siding with open studs inside.....so the 12p nail went right thru the wall and stuck out about 2" on the other side of the wall....the outside of my shop. We had a good laugh about it as I teased him about using such a big nail and nailing the hide to the siding and not a 2x4 stud. I told him at least we know it was secure and not going anywhere! I bent the nail over and just left it.

To this day when I go into my woodshop, I see that now rusty bent over nail sticking out the side of my shop and smile remembering the good times I had with my son. The hide too is still hanging, as I have never done anything with it. It is dried out and starting to lose its hair. I suppose it will stay there till I die and my son can figure out what he wants to do with it when he inherits my woodshop.

2017-03-07 9:37 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mdg2003 The folks out in Chico used to be my favorite. Ever get into any Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada? Best beer I ever drank. So much cascade hops it smells like a frickn Christmas tree! I was looking for it in a liquor store back when I lived in Houston one year. It's a seasonal so it had not been shipped yet that year. The owner of the store said he had some 'lagering' in his cooler from the previous year and would sell me one sixer. I was reluctant. but bought it anyway. Holy buckets was it marvelous!

I love seeing that red label every year around October.  I agree, it's a hell of a brew.  I haven't drank much from SN that I don't like.....those folks know beer.

2017-03-07 10:20 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by mdg2003 The folks out in Chico used to be my favorite. Ever get into any Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada? Best beer I ever drank. So much cascade hops it smells like a frickn Christmas tree! I was looking for it in a liquor store back when I lived in Houston one year. It's a seasonal so it had not been shipped yet that year. The owner of the store said he had some 'lagering' in his cooler from the previous year and would sell me one sixer. I was reluctant. but bought it anyway. Holy buckets was it marvelous!

I love seeing that red label every year around October.  I agree, it's a hell of a brew.  I haven't drank much from SN that I don't like.....those folks know beer.

I will have to try SN. I'm a big fan of the Sam Adams variety packs. I had a Sam Adams Irish Red this weekend and loved it! So I go back to the store to get some SA Irish Red....but they didn't see just that beer. Might need to try a different store to get a case of just the Irish Red.
2017-03-07 11:00 AM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by mdg2003 IPA… in the top 3, of reasons why I no longer drink. Make that top two….

I'm damn careful with them because I love it so much and some of them are now 9 and 10% ABV.  If I ever drink Torpedo again I'll tie a rope from my belt loop to the bed post so I can be sure to find my way to bed without getting lost.

4 Hands Incarnation. Best IPA I've ever had and only 6.5%. You non-St. Louis people don't know what you're missing . 

2017-03-08 8:15 AM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Champion
Alabama
So back to the OP....

First article I read this morning showed a graph depicting the salary disparity of men and women. The media still pushing this crock and wonder why people don't trust the media!

If women make 70 cents on the dollar for what a man makes, every business owner in America would fire all the men and hire woman and reduce payroll my 30%! The fact is oil field workers make more money the 1st grade teachers! Most fortune 500 companies bend over backwards to make sure women are paid equal or more than men. This is just a cold hard fact. They know they will get sued for a bazillion dollars if the salary data shows bias so the job of the HR department is to make sure woman (and other minorities) are well compensated.

I was an engineering manager for a number of years. Every year managers dolled out a bucket of money for raises based on performance. But before the salary increases were approved they had to go thru corporate approval...where the numbers submitted were adjusted by corporate to make sure woman, blacks, Hispanics, Asian, disable, etc are compensated equal to or better than non protected people. Note, this had nothing to do with performance! The same thing happens with lay-offs.

Anyway, all the women I know are happy to have jobs and will be at work today.
2017-03-08 8:46 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Rogillio So back to the OP.... First article I read this morning showed a graph depicting the salary disparity of men and women. The media still pushing this crock and wonder why people don't trust the media! If women make 70 cents on the dollar for what a man makes, every business owner in America would fire all the men and hire woman and reduce payroll my 30%! The fact is oil field workers make more money the 1st grade teachers! Most fortune 500 companies bend over backwards to make sure women are paid equal or more than men. This is just a cold hard fact. They know they will get sued for a bazillion dollars if the salary data shows bias so the job of the HR department is to make sure woman (and other minorities) are well compensated. I was an engineering manager for a number of years. Every year managers dolled out a bucket of money for raises based on performance. But before the salary increases were approved they had to go thru corporate approval...where the numbers submitted were adjusted by corporate to make sure woman, blacks, Hispanics, Asian, disable, etc are compensated equal to or better than non protected people. Note, this had nothing to do with performance! The same thing happens with lay-offs. Anyway, all the women I know are happy to have jobs and will be at work today.

you're the problem

2017-03-08 9:17 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by dmiller5

Originally posted by Rogillio So back to the OP.... First article I read this morning showed a graph depicting the salary disparity of men and women. The media still pushing this crock and wonder why people don't trust the media! If women make 70 cents on the dollar for what a man makes, every business owner in America would fire all the men and hire woman and reduce payroll my 30%! The fact is oil field workers make more money the 1st grade teachers! Most fortune 500 companies bend over backwards to make sure women are paid equal or more than men. This is just a cold hard fact. They know they will get sued for a bazillion dollars if the salary data shows bias so the job of the HR department is to make sure woman (and other minorities) are well compensated. I was an engineering manager for a number of years. Every year managers dolled out a bucket of money for raises based on performance. But before the salary increases were approved they had to go thru corporate approval...where the numbers submitted were adjusted by corporate to make sure woman, blacks, Hispanics, Asian, disable, etc are compensated equal to or better than non protected people. Note, this had nothing to do with performance! The same thing happens with lay-offs. Anyway, all the women I know are happy to have jobs and will be at work today.

you're the problem

LOL Yes, facts and data are a liberals' worst nightmare!
2017-03-08 9:35 AM

User image

Pro

I looked at the weather forecast last night and saw that it will be 72 degrees tomorrow. 

I have declared it a "day of rage" and will go fishing instead of going to work.

I'm not sure if my wife is protesting today or not.....but I noticed her rings were still hanging on the post she uses for them, when she showers, after she had left "for work".   It would be just like her to ramp up the protest to a "life without women".  LMAO

2017-03-08 9:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

you're the problem

you used no facts or data in your "argument"

2017-03-08 10:05 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Alabama

you're the problem

you used no facts or data in your "argument"

Lets count the FACTS in my post:

1. I read this morning showed a graph depicting the salary disparity of men and women.

2. The media still pushing this

3. Oil field workers make more money the 1st grade teachers!

4. HR department....make sure woman (and other minorities) are well compensated

5. I was an engineering manager for a number of years

6. Every year managers dolled out a bucket of money for raises based on performance

7. But before the salary increases were approved they had to go thru corporate approval

8. numbers submitted were adjusted by corporate to make sure woman, blacks, Hispanics, Asian, disable, etc are compensated equal to or better than non protected people.

9. This had nothing to do with performance! The same thing happens with lay-offs.

10. all the women I know .... will be at work today.

OPINIONS:

1. If women make 70 cents on the dollar for what a man makes, every business owner in America would fire all the men and hire woman and reduce payroll my 30%!

2. Most fortune 500 companies bend over backwards to make sure women are paid equal or more than men.

3. They know they will get sued for a bazillion dollars if the salary data shows bias

Which one of my 10 facts do you believe is not a fact?

2017-03-08 12:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Lets count the FACTS in my post:

1. I read this morning showed a graph depicting the salary disparity of men and women.
This doesn't make sense

2. The media still pushing this
Using such subjective language like "pushing" is clearly not a fact, its your opinion.  The media is reporting on a disparity between mens and womens salaries. That disparity is a fact.

3. Oil field workers make more money the 1st grade teachers!
The disparity isn't between oil field workers and teachers, its between male engineers and female engineers. Male financial analysts and female financial analysts (pick your desired profession, most of them have this disparity)

4. HR department....make sure woman (and other minorities) are well compensated
ok?

5. I was an engineering manager for a number of years
This is most likely a fact

6. Every year managers dolled out a bucket of money for raises based on performance
I believe you

7. But before the salary increases were approved they had to go thru corporate approval
Sure thing.

8. numbers submitted were adjusted by corporate to make sure woman, blacks, Hispanics, Asian, disable, etc are compensated equal to or better than non protected people.
Well since you presented no data it is hard to call this a fact, how am i supposed to interpret the data?

9. This had nothing to do with performance! The same thing happens with lay-offs.
How do we know that? That seems like your opinion without data to interperet

10. all the women I know .... will be at work today.
Same here....but thats hardly representative of all the women in the country, as I don't know more than maybe 500 of them.

2017-03-08 12:30 PM

User image

Pro

You know 500 women???

I have a wife, mother, mother-in-law, 4 daughters, a sister, 11 girl cousins, a niece, 4 aunts, 8 co-workers, and 4 women I consider friends......so 35 or so.  I feel blessed to know them......but if I had 465 more......I don't know at what point that whole deal turns into a curse. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Edited by Left Brain 2017-03-08 12:55 PM
2017-03-08 12:50 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

You know 500 women???

I have a wife, mother, mother-in-law, 4 daughters, a sister, 11 girl cousins, a niece, 4 aunts, 8 co-workers, and 4 women I consider friends......so 35 or so.  I feel blessed to know them......but if I had 465 more......I don't know at one point that whole deal turns into a curse. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

He is including the women he slept with. He is a young triathlete stud!

2017-03-08 2:35 PM

User image

Pro

P.S.  Don't bring her home with you.......we got enough problems.

(power.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
power.jpg (90KB - 0 downloads)
2017-03-08 2:46 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

P.S.  Don't bring her home with you.......we got enough problems.

She should add this photo to her resume!
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » An open letter....... Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 30, 2016
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Open Water Training: Tips to Improve Your Breathing Technique

date : April 29, 2016
author : CoachSarah
comments : 3
Learn how to prepare and avoid the cold water freak-out