of 2

2017-03-08 2:52 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: An open letter.......
I got a chuckle out of this:

Alabama radio station takes women off air, only playing songs by men in 'Day Without a Woman'

So reminds me of a story....unrelated to this thread.

I was running the Country Music Marathon in Nashville years ago. It is a really cool race and they have bands all along the course playing music. As I approached this one band they were signing, "....you're no good, you're no good, you're no good, baby you're no good!" I yelled at them and said, "Hey, I am doing best I can!!" They all cracked up.

2017-03-08 3:02 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Left Brain

You know 500 women???

I have a wife, mother, mother-in-law, 4 daughters, a sister, 11 girl cousins, a niece, 4 aunts, 8 co-workers, and 4 women I consider friends......so 35 or so.  I feel blessed to know them......but if I had 465 more......I don't know at what point that whole deal turns into a curse. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

well i have around 1000 fb friends...i just guessed around half are female

so these are people i've met in my life enough times to add them on fb

i know you old people might not understand, its like a thing on the computer where you can put pictures and talk to people

2017-03-08 3:12 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Originally posted by dmiller5

You know 500 women???

I have a wife, mother, mother-in-law, 4 daughters, a sister, 11 girl cousins, a niece, 4 aunts, 8 co-workers, and 4 women I consider friends......so 35 or so.  I feel blessed to know them......but if I had 465 more......I don't know at what point that whole deal turns into a curse. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

i know you old people might not understand, its like a thing on the computer where you can put pictures and talk to people

How many can you name without looking at your Facebook feed?  I know you young people might not understand, but old people don't refer to every Tom, Dick & Harry as their friend just because they've got a friend request on Facebook.

2017-03-08 3:18 PM

User image

Pro

You know 500 women???

Oh.....that must explain why I can't hire anyone under the age of 30 who actually knows how to talk to someone in person.  LOL

2017-03-08 3:19 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

You know 500 women???

You are right about us old people......I'm and friends with about 40% of my HS graduating class.....the ones that have a FB account. My guess is my kids are probably friends with 80 or 90% of their graduating class. One downside of this is reunions won't be the same. I talked to a young lady at work one time about HS reunions and she said she didn't know if her class would ever had a reunion. She said we are all on FB and know who got married and how had kids and who is living where and who gained 100 lbs, etc. #sad
2017-03-08 3:24 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

I don't get it.  I give not a single fork who in my HS class got married, got jobs, had kids, got fat, got killed, or anything else.  That was almost 40 years ago.....it has nothing to do with my life now.  I don't understand why I would even take a second out of my day to get that kind of information. 

2017-03-08 5:01 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Alabama

I don't get it.  I give not a single fork who in my HS class got married, got jobs, had kids, got fat, got killed, or anything else.  That was almost 40 years ago.....it has nothing to do with my life now.  I don't understand why I would even take a second out of my day to get that kind of information. 

There were 81 people in my class and I still talk regularly with several of them.

ETA

You hit upon something. I am still 'friends' with several of the people I went to HS with. I buddy of mine that I've not seen in 6 or 7 years recently bought a 1966 Mustang.....for $2750.....a true barn find. After me FB messaging him about it he called me at home and we spoke at length. The point is, most of my FB "friends" are actually my friends. :-).

Edited by Rogillio 2017-03-08 5:12 PM
2017-03-08 6:52 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

You know 500 women???

Oh.....that must explain why I can't hire anyone under the age of 30 who actually knows how to talk to someone in person.  LOL

yeah, keeps me marketable :D

2017-03-08 7:02 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

You know 500 women???

yeah, keeps me marketable :D

Maybe.....but I'm not joking.  I don't know what else to blame it on but a generation of people who have no people skills.  They can sure as hell get their point across in 140 characters, or by posting memes, or texting (they can't even talk on the phone LOL )......but put them in front of someone they need to be able to actually talk to......it's horrendous.  And don't even get me started on the brain dead morons who think twitter, FB, etc. is news.  There's not a word in our language to describe how stupid that is.

I hate social media.......it's basically the dumbing down of mankind as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by Left Brain 2017-03-08 7:14 PM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » An open letter....... Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 30, 2016
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Open Water Training: Tips to Improve Your Breathing Technique

date : April 29, 2016
author : CoachSarah
comments : 3