General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Workouts for health are boring! Triathlons give me a reason! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-03-29 9:22 AM

Subject: Workouts for health are boring! Triathlons give me a reason!
Hello-

I'm a noob ( never done a tri) but have been an avid dreamer for awhile.
I'm a 45 yr old ex athlete that ate like a child for too many years adding 10-15 lbs a decade and would exercise in spurts for a month or two and go back to being a sofa sloth with beer and ch]ps.

Finally, I realized the problem- I'm the type that needs a reason to workout (apparently fat butt and possible early death is not a motivator for me).

So in my sloth time I'm reading about quick fix (I don't want to be a fatty but want instant results) diets and exercise programs and tried a few to find out that I get bored with every one of them because I'm not seeing the results promised.

The fix- Working out for a reason. I have a treadmill and bought an indoor bike. I started running and biking and lifting. Then went that got boring bought a swim membership at the local pool. After that started to wear off in comes the thought of triathlon. It got me through the winter and I signed up for my first Triathlon. My workout sessions have increased dramatically (I was starting to trudge through with a get it over with attitude). My goal is ahead and my times keep me going.

Oh and I've lost 30 lbs as a result (could lose another 30) and that's not even why I'm training. Nice side benefit but its all about theTri!

2017-03-29 3:07 PM
in reply to: Shotshell

User image

Davenort, Iowa
Subject: RE: Workouts for health are boring! Triathlons give me a reason!
Welcome!!! Congrats on the weight loss already! Keep up the good work. Just planning the one triathlon for this year??? Any other races?
2017-03-29 4:56 PM
in reply to: Rooster519

Originally posted by Rooster519

Welcome!!! Congrats on the weight loss already! Keep up the good work. Just planning the one triathlon for this year??? Any other races?

So I'm thinking of doing three sprints this season. Like eating, where my eyes can be bigger than my stomach, I'm looking at Trifind and drooling but the reality is I'm an overweight 45 yr old male who put off regular exercise for 25years. HAHA!

So I'm thinking one a month this summer. Maybe a late entry for Sept to make it four. I need to see how I do first.
2017-03-29 4:57 PM
in reply to: 0

Edited by Shotshell 2017-03-29 4:58 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Workouts for health are boring! Triathlons give me a reason! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Feeling shaky after a long workout

Started by kaitlinX3
Views: 651 Posts: 2

2017-02-22 11:36 PM wenceslasz

Here I am

Started by Greg10556
Views: 767 Posts: 2

2017-01-15 9:28 PM Qua17

Last Event/Training in 2011 -- Am I Able to Start Over Again?

Started by klowman
Views: 1246 Posts: 3

2016-12-07 10:33 AM reecealan

Challenging myself for my first Triathlon

Started by Krisdelmotte
Views: 677 Posts: 2

2016-04-25 5:02 PM simpsonbo

New here, considering a triathlon

Started by twnkltoz
Views: 817 Posts: 5

2016-05-09 12:27 PM triathlonpal07
RELATED ARTICLES