General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tavel to Tri First Timer Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-03-31 1:15 PM

Wasilla, Alaska
Subject: Tavel to Tri First Timer
I finally got tired of trying to be motivated to lose the same 30 pounds these last three years and officially began the journey to complete in a Tri this year. Several years ago while still a gym rat I talked about doing one of these though I never got past the talking. This year is different and I have already registered to compete in an Olympic in September. Back in the gym early in January and started my swim and bike training recently with the Tri-Sport Clinics at my gym. I have a long way to go but the lessons learned in the swim clinics and Brick sessions are a great start. I have yet to register but there is a sprint in late June that I will use as my measuring stick for the September event. At this point in my life, I am certainly not here to compete with anyone. I am finding the training fun and a great source of entertainment for many of my co-workers!

Cheers
Dave

2017-04-03 4:23 PM
in reply to: AK_Dave

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Tavel to Tri First Timer

Welcome!  It's great to hear you have been finding enjoyment in your training, that's most of the battle (so to speak) and that's what will keep you moving.  Keep up the good work and sign up for that sprint!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tavel to Tri First Timer Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Bought my first tri bike

Started by willygood87
Views: 1267 Posts: 5

2016-11-09 1:32 AM Michiko Bryan

First timer with questions

Started by Kidicenj
Views: 1159 Posts: 4

2016-09-21 6:54 PM bumlinger

Plant Eating Runner to Triathlete and My first Tri