General Discussion Triathlon Talk » online coaching Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-04-01 3:09 AM

Subject: online coaching
hi

i'm looking for online personal training to cater for my needs. Especially when it comes to power training on the trainer at home (ftp, watts)

so far i have looked at these:

e3ts.com

peaktricoaching.com

triathloncoaching.uk.com

any one heard of these? Or can recommend a good one ?

Thanks

2017-04-01 5:44 AM
in reply to: Greedo100

Subject: RE: online coaching
What is the effectiveness of such exercises?
2017-04-01 6:46 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Greedo100

hi

i'm looking for online personal training to cater for my needs. Especially when it comes to power training on the trainer at home (ftp, watts)

so far i have looked at these:

e3ts.com

peaktricoaching.com

triathloncoaching.uk.com

any one heard of these? Or can recommend a good one ?

Thanks

E3ts has Jorge as a coach. He is excellent
2017-04-01 9:30 AM

User image

NH
I know Colin from peaktricoaching.com. A+ coach and individual.
2017-04-01 10:12 PM
in reply to: #5217345

Thanks

I found this other one , anyone heard of ?
http://strive4fitnessuk.com/
2017-04-02 7:16 AM
in reply to: #5217402

User image

New user
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
If you are looking for other groups, I would also recommend looking into trisutto.com. They have coaches of all backgrounds from all around the world. I have been working with Vassilis Krommidas from their group for the past 5 months and have been thrilled with the results so far.

2017-04-02 10:31 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by Greedo100 hi i'm looking for online personal training to cater for my needs. Especially when it comes to power training on the trainer at home (ftp, watts) so far i have looked at these: e3ts.com peaktricoaching.com triathloncoaching.uk.com any one heard of these? Or can recommend a good one ? Thanks

x2.  Jorge is excellent.

2017-04-02 4:35 PM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Originally posted by TriMyBest

Originally posted by Greedo100 hi i'm looking for online personal training to cater for my needs. Especially when it comes to power training on the trainer at home (ftp, watts) so far i have looked at these: e3ts.com peaktricoaching.com triathloncoaching.uk.com any one heard of these? Or can recommend a good one ? Thanks

x2.  Jorge is excellent.

Agreed Jorge knows his stuff!

Don is also worth considering (TriMyBest).

Shane
2017-04-02 10:09 PM
in reply to: #5217412

Thanks for the suggestions

They have different pricing , overall seems to be a little expensive . However it seems the lowest price they offers is with the less experience coaches .
2017-04-03 12:55 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I would shop around and think about what level of coaching you are looking for. Is it mainly guidance with power training on the bike you want, or an integrated program tailored to your strengths, weaknesses, and available time to train?

I found when I was coach-hunting that there is a range of prices and services out there; some coaches offer something less than full-on individual plans with regular feedback in all three sports, for a lower price. (For example, setting up a plan in consultation with you, that you then follow, help with planning in only one or two disciplines, regular feedback while you follow one of their stock plans, or group plans with others preparing for the same race.) Something like that might work for you.

I ended up going with the full-on option, as my big challenges had to do with balancing training/ recovery across the three sports, plus I have an unusual background (strong swim/run and no bike background) that makes it hard for me to find the right level of challenge in stock plans. I had been wearing myself out trying to mix two or three different plans that all had different trajectories for volume and intensity. Really, I needed one person with more expertise than myself to keep track of all three sports. But I could see that for some people, a lower level of coaching might meet their needs.

In the past, I have followed Jorge's off-season program as well as a running program put together by Shane (I think on the Challenge forum?) Both were tough, and might have been very effective had I not been trying to do them at the same time as well as another one for swim! I'm sure that if you entrusted either to put together an integrated program for you, you would make amazing progress!
2017-04-03 11:37 AM
in reply to: gsmacleod

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Originally posted by gsmacleod
Originally posted by TriMyBest

x2.  Jorge is excellent.

Agreed Jorge knows his stuff! Don is also worth considering (TriMyBest). Shane

Thanks, Shane.  I have room for about 2 more triathletes this year.

If he has any openings, Shane is another great coach to check out.

2017-04-03 8:31 PM
in reply to: #5217473

User image

I've been using Scott (k9car363 on BT) for a little over a year now and couldn't be happier. I looked into some online groups (like EN) but it was cheaper to go with Scot. I've had three coaches and he is far and away the best. It's definitely hard, but he managed to get my often injured body to the start line of my first IM last year. Along the way he's become more of a big brother, but he knows what he's talking about and is excellent at walking a fine line between calling me out when I'm being a wimp and consoling me when stuff doesn't go right. You'll be surprised at his rates if you look around (in a good way) considering you get a plan customized to you every week with lots of communication should any questions arise. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
2017-04-08 10:10 PM
in reply to: #5217559

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Happy to help and / or answer any questions as well.

[email protected]
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » online coaching Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

your personal thoughts / experiences with online coaches

Started by rramirez1
Views: 1228 Posts: 8

2017-01-05 10:54 AM Hot Runner

Online Training

Started by afin03
Views: 1183 Posts: 5

2016-12-26 10:20 AM Endorphin Hub

Swimming Coaches

Started by TriShel
Views: 1069 Posts: 11

2016-09-13 9:59 AM Toefuzz

Tri Coach recmomendations

Started by buckeyeguy77
Views: 1255 Posts: 22

2016-08-03 7:32 AM BlueBoy26

Where to buy Tri stuff online in the US, (Scicon Tri bag)

Started by knuta99
Views: 934 Posts: 3

2016-05-23 12:20 AM knuta99
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 28, 2017
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Volunteer Mentors Inspire Triathletes