General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi, I'm Rae Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-04-07 1:28 PM

User image

, Noord-Brabant
Subject: Hi, I'm Rae
Hello, Beginner Triathlete forum people. My name is Rae, and I'm new here
It seems nice though, and I have a fair bit of spare time, so I anticipate hanging about quite a lot.

I'm a Welsh person living in the Netherlands with my ultra-marathoning other half, cat, and two spanish greyhounds. For the last few months I have been chained to my desk writing a Masters dissertation (which I should be working on now, yay procrastination!), but before that I was moderately into swimming, biking, and running and have completed one super mini (1/16) tri and an 1/8, as well as a half marathon and 18k trail race and a handful of 5 or 10k things.
I pulled out of a 1/4 at the last minute last season due to truly appalling weather, but have another in my sites for this season, and an 1/8 already booked.

I started out as a swimmer and never got on with any other sports, but health problems put a stop to competing (not that I was ever terribly good) in my early teens, and I was pretty inactive for many years - until my other half and I both decided we should get fit before we turned 30. He took up running and quite frankly has gone too far with it as far as I'm concerned. He's wracked up eight marathons a couple of 'smaller' ultras (65km to 80km type things), and at the end of this month is taking on a 100 miler. He's quite mad.
I got back into swimming and tried running but found that I just can't do it for more than two hours before I'm bored out of my mind. I'd always ruled out triathlon because of the running though, so once I realised I could tolerate it in smaller doses, I decided to go for it. It may help that the other half (I usually call him fy nghariad online - it's welsh for 'my love' or 'beloved') doesn't swim much, and so will never be better at it than me, but I admit nothing.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and talking about training and all that sort of thing

Oh, also, I cannae get the profile pic uploader majigger to work. I just get an error message about it not being able to find BT. Is there a technical help forum for that?

Edited by raemwright 2017-04-07 1:29 PM

2017-04-20 1:25 PM
in reply to: raemwright

User image

Oviedo, Florida
Subject: RE: Hi, I'm Rae
Hello Rae and welcome!

I always find it interesting when someone from a swimming background talks about how boring running is. I'm exactly the opposite... Swimming just bores the hell out of me, but I could run all day long!

About the profile pic thingy... yeah...something is broken. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

--
Dave
2017-04-20 4:16 PM
in reply to: davetib

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Hi and welcome!
Thanks for letting us know about the profile photo issue.
I've sent it off to our programmer and it should be fixed soon!

(We do have a support forum, but no worries, I've got it on the right path now.)
2017-04-21 2:32 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

, Noord-Brabant

To be fair, I don't usually swim for more than two hours at a time either, so I can't say for sure I wouldn't get bored by that as well :lol: 

I quite like the first hour or so of running usually, particularly around where I live now which is a small village between two lovely nature reserves. There's definitely a lot more to see than when I'm swimming in a pool. Or even in a lake, since I've mostly got my head in the water.

Edited by raemwright 2017-04-21 2:34 AM
2017-04-21 2:35 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

, Noord-Brabant

Thankee!

This is the error I get, by the way:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'BT' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 8:  using System.Web.UI;Line 9:  using Bt;Line 10: using BT.BusinessObjects.BTBusinessObjects;Line 11: using BT.DataHelpers.BTDataHelpers;Line 12: using Helpers = Pd9.Helpers;

Source File: c:\HostingSpaces\beginnertri\beginnertriathlete.com\wwwroot\discussion\videouploader\Upload.aspx.cs    Line: 10 

Edited by raemwright 2017-04-21 2:38 AM
2017-04-25 8:25 AM
in reply to: raemwright

User image

, Noord-Brabant

Woop! it works now :D

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi, I'm Rae Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

I'm new to triathlon

Started by tmiddlebrooks