Canadian Triathlon Forum Manitoba » Anyone around here anymore? Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2017-04-08 12:35 PM

User image

Regular
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Subject: Anyone around here anymore?
Hey Manitoba folks! Does anyone use this forum anymore? I'm currently residing in Winnipeg and looking to do some races this season. Anyone else?

2017-04-10 7:41 AM
in reply to: gwenwhyvar32

User image

Subject: RE: Anyone around here anymore?
Not much activity in here unfortunately.
Hit the Tri Manitoba website for a list of races this season. We have a run series that is starting up soon, then a series of weekly duathlons in May. Then the tri season starts in full in June, July and August with sprint, olympic and half Ironman distance races.

Dwayne
2017-04-15 12:11 AM
in reply to: DeVinci13

User image

Regular
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have checked it out. I'm interested in doing the Hecla and Riding Mtn races although they are back to back weekends so not sure how good an idea that is, but it'll probably take me that long to get back into tri shape anyway, so might as well do the end of the season up right. ;-) Oh, and the Falcon Lake xterra race looks like fun too.

Shame about the lack of action on here. I like the community on this site. (Or I did back in 2011, I haven't been on for a while.)
2017-04-15 11:02 AM
in reply to: gwenwhyvar32

User image

I have done both Hecla and Riding Mountain. I am thinking of doing the half iron in Hecla this year. Riding mountain is always a great race. They took a year off last year when the government was repaving the bike route. Crystal clear water, freshly paved bike route, and the run follows the the lake shore. It is a great race.

I have done all the race locations in Manitoba. They are all really good races. Well run, nice courses. I haven't done the Falcon Xterra but I have biked the 24 hours of Falcon with some buddies. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the races in Manitoba. I am a member of Tribalistic Triathlon Team. But, any of the local tri teams are great. Very friendly and willing to help.

Have a great season.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Manitoba » Anyone around here anymore? Rss Feed