Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2017-04-14 1:16 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Master
, California
Subject: RE: United Ariline

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by mdg2003 Sad to report that our customers are acting like children as a result of the fiasco last week. I've spoken with our local gate agents and thru flight crews. A good percentage of our customers are actively bating and trying to get into confrontations with agents and crew members. Lots of unreasonable demands are being made for no apparent reason and everyone is asking for some form of compensation at the slightest hint of any inconvenience. One of our local guys had a customer say, "please don't hit me or kick me off the flight, but do have the correct time?" The company has pretty much opened the checkbook and told the agents and crew to do what it takes to placate our customers. Even the ones that are being unreasonable for no good reason. Tons of work being done to un**** this pig and make sure it never happens again. Sadly, there will be another incident and most likely it will be caused by one of these passengers goading agents or crew until sufficient conflict has been stirred to make a damning one sided video.

Now is a good time to fly your bike somewhere.  At the counter when they ask for the 200.00 bike fee get indignant and say you were told on the phone there was no charge for a bike.  LMAO

I'm still bitter cause by disc got damaged on my last flight.  Delta, as I recall.

2017-04-14 1:36 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by spudone

Originally posted by mdg2003 Sad to report that our customers are acting like children as a result of the fiasco last week. I've spoken with our local gate agents and thru flight crews. A good percentage of our customers are actively bating and trying to get into confrontations with agents and crew members. Lots of unreasonable demands are being made for no apparent reason and everyone is asking for some form of compensation at the slightest hint of any inconvenience. One of our local guys had a customer say, "please don't hit me or kick me off the flight, but do have the correct time?" The company has pretty much opened the checkbook and told the agents and crew to do what it takes to placate our customers. Even the ones that are being unreasonable for no good reason. Tons of work being done to un**** this pig and make sure it never happens again. Sadly, there will be another incident and most likely it will be caused by one of these passengers goading agents or crew until sufficient conflict has been stirred to make a damning one sided video.

Now is a good time to fly your bike somewhere.  At the counter when they ask for the 200.00 bike fee get indignant and say you were told on the phone there was no charge for a bike.  LMAO

I'm still bitter cause by disc got damaged on my last flight.  Delta, as I recall.

Delta, in my experience, is the second worse airline to fly a bike on (actually tied with USAir).....just behind United.   Alaska airline (Frontier) is WAY ahead as the best airline for bike travel.  Southwest isn't bad either.......and my kid found out a few years ago that he can get a bag check ticket at a kiosk, go to the counter to check his bike, and he only gets charged for a bike fee about 25% of the time if he already has a bag ticket in hand and it's NOT overweight.

His other trick is to get the ticket from the kiosk, then take his bike out side to the skycap and hand him the bag ticket along with a 20 dollar bill as he rolls the bike up. LOL  (I should have never told him he could keep whatever money he had left over from bike fees......he's gotten way too creative. )

Edited by Left Brain 2017-04-14 1:40 PM
2017-04-14 1:46 PM

Master
, California

Delta, in my experience, is the second worse airline to fly a bike on (actually tied with USAir).....just behind United.   Alaska airline (Frontier) is WAY ahead as the best airline for bike travel.  Southwest isn't bad either.......and my kid found out a few years ago that he can get a bag check ticket at a kiosk, go to the counter to check his bike, and he only gets charged for a bike fee about 25% of the time if he already has a bag ticket in hand and it's NOT overweight.

His other trick is to get the ticket from the kiosk, then take his bike out side to the skycap and hand him the bag ticket along with a 20 dollar bill as he rolls the bike up. LOL  (I should have never told him he could keep whatever money he had left over from bike fees......he's gotten way too creative. )

Yeah I agree with that assessment in the U.S. (and I think Alaska just bought Virgin Air).  For international, Air New Zealand has been awesome.

2017-04-17 8:43 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
I've never had a problem with Delta or United. But we fly first class and that helps a little.

Flying to Paris next month for our 30th anniversary. So you have to be creative to afford first class across the pond. RT first class HSV to Paris on Delta is like $7k pp. I found premium class on Norwegian airline, RT NYC to Paris for $700. At first I was incredulous a the price and thought maybe it was some puddle-jumper, Spirit of St Louise plane....but it's a band new 787 Dreamliner! We fly first class RT HSV/ATL/NYC on Delta and then change airlines (and airports) in NYC to fly to Paris. So total of $1,300 RT first class to Paris....vs $7k staying with Delta.

We did a similar thing a few years ago on our family vacation. We flew coach to NYC but then first class NYC/London on a special deal I stumbled on with United.

Edited by Rogillio 2017-04-17 8:57 AM
2017-04-17 11:06 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Tejas
I'll get ahead of the latest United fiasco being reported out of IAH and the people headed out for their wedding. They were running a scam trying to get from economy to economy plus. Not just any economy+, but an overwing exit row. These seats are priced even higher than the other economy+ seats. The sleeping man blocking their row was in their wedding party and part of the scam. United caught them attempting to steal an upsell item and federal air marshals were called to address the theft. This BS is running rampant through out our system right now because there is blood in the water, so to speak. Nothing to see here but crooks getting caught trying to steal something they didn't pay for.

$1300 RT to Paris, FC, That's a good deal!
2017-04-18 3:48 PM
in reply to: spudone

Master
, California

So off-topic, in another turn of events...

A couple weeks ago I took the disc to my shop to see if Zipp would repair it.  It is a small (thumb-sized) divot / crack probably caused by pressure from the foot of another suitcase on top of it.  Anyhow they said sure, send it off, $140, we'll repair it.  Zipp finished and (supposedly) shipped it back to my bike shop on Apr 6.

No one has seen it.

Bike shop says Zipp doesn't have tracking info for it, and didn't send it certified or anything.  So we're waiting a few more days but it sounds like I might be getting a new disc if this thing doesn't show up.

2017-04-19 12:42 AM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Tejas

So off-topic, in another turn of events...

A couple weeks ago I took the disc to my shop to see if Zipp would repair it.  It is a small (thumb-sized) divot / crack probably caused by pressure from the foot of another suitcase on top of it.  Anyhow they said sure, send it off, $140, we'll repair it.  Zipp finished and (supposedly) shipped it back to my bike shop on Apr 6.

No one has seen it.

Bike shop says Zipp doesn't have tracking info for it, and didn't send it certified or anything.  So we're waiting a few more days but it sounds like I might be getting a new disc if this thing doesn't show up.

United probably lost it...
2017-04-19 11:50 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Tejas
I had a gate call last night to replace a soiled seat cushion. You'd be surprised how many people pi** themselves on an airplane… So, I glove up and go to get the offended cushion. Turns out to be chewing gum. You'd also be surprised how many people think it's ok to just cram their gum into or onto any surface on a plane. I replace cushion and meet the ops supervisor coming down the aisle. He's clearly rattled and relays the event that just occurred. The passenger in this seat called for a supervisor because her pants got gum on them. No problem, he tells her to get them professionally dry cleaned and to send him the bill. We will then reimburse the passenger for the cost.If the gum does not come out, we are going to replace the pants. Nope, she wants all her money back for the flight she just took, a new pair of pants, first class upgrade vouchers and cash voucher for her trouble. She gets his name to report to Twitter and her attorney who will be, "suing the shi* out of this chickenshi* airline and the supervisor, personally."

One thing that struck me as odd about the entire incident was the contrast in color of the white chewing gum on a solid dark blue leather seat cover. Surely a person would notice something like that before taking your seat. Unless you're looking to pick a fight or planted it there yourself.
2017-04-19 6:58 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mdg2003 I had a gate call last night to replace a soiled seat cushion. You'd be surprised how many people pi** themselves on an airplane… So, I glove up and go to get the offended cushion. Turns out to be chewing gum. You'd also be surprised how many people think it's ok to just cram their gum into or onto any surface on a plane. I replace cushion and meet the ops supervisor coming down the aisle. He's clearly rattled and relays the event that just occurred. The passenger in this seat called for a supervisor because her pants got gum on them. No problem, he tells her to get them professionally dry cleaned and to send him the bill. We will then reimburse the passenger for the cost.If the gum does not come out, we are going to replace the pants. Nope, she wants all her money back for the flight she just took, a new pair of pants, first class upgrade vouchers and cash voucher for her trouble. She gets his name to report to Twitter and her attorney who will be, "suing the shi* out of this chickenshi* airline and the supervisor, personally." One thing that struck me as odd about the entire incident was the contrast in color of the white chewing gum on a solid dark blue leather seat cover. Surely a person would notice something like that before taking your seat. Unless you're looking to pick a fight or planted it there yourself.

There should be a law that you can punch people like that in the face........for fun.

2017-04-20 12:34 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Originally posted by mdg2003 I had a gate call last night to replace a soiled seat cushion. You'd be surprised how many people pi** themselves on an airplane… So, I glove up and go to get the offended cushion. Turns out to be chewing gum. You'd also be surprised how many people think it's ok to just cram their gum into or onto any surface on a plane. I replace cushion and meet the ops supervisor coming down the aisle. He's clearly rattled and relays the event that just occurred. The passenger in this seat called for a supervisor because her pants got gum on them. No problem, he tells her to get them professionally dry cleaned and to send him the bill. We will then reimburse the passenger for the cost.If the gum does not come out, we are going to replace the pants. Nope, she wants all her money back for the flight she just took, a new pair of pants, first class upgrade vouchers and cash voucher for her trouble. She gets his name to report to Twitter and her attorney who will be, "suing the shi* out of this chickenshi* airline and the supervisor, personally." One thing that struck me as odd about the entire incident was the contrast in color of the white chewing gum on a solid dark blue leather seat cover. Surely a person would notice something like that before taking your seat. Unless you're looking to pick a fight or planted it there yourself.

There should be a law that you can punch people like that in the face........for fun.

I think that policy got us here in the first place . ..
2017-04-20 8:03 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

I had a gate call last night to replace a soiled seat cushion. You'd be surprised how many people pi** themselves on an airplane… So, I glove up and go to get the offended cushion. Turns out to be chewing gum. You'd also be surprised how many people think it's ok to just cram their gum into or onto any surface on a plane. I replace cushion and meet the ops supervisor coming down the aisle. He's clearly rattled and relays the event that just occurred. The passenger in this seat called for a supervisor because her pants got gum on them. No problem, he tells her to get them professionally dry cleaned and to send him the bill. We will then reimburse the passenger for the cost.If the gum does not come out, we are going to replace the pants. Nope, she wants all her money back for the flight she just took, a new pair of pants, first class upgrade vouchers and cash voucher for her trouble. She gets his name to report to Twitter and her attorney who will be, "suing the shi* out of this chickenshi* airline and the supervisor, personally."

One thing that struck me as odd about the entire incident was the contrast in color of the white chewing gum on a solid dark blue leather seat cover. Surely a person would notice something like that before taking your seat. Unless you're looking to pick a fight or planted it there yourself.

First she will have to shell out a bunch of money to hire an attorney. People get the idea that there are lawyers work pro bono. To get someone to take this case pro bono they'd need to be 99% certain of a big settlement. At most, this is a small claims court and she is entitled to the actual cost of her loss....which the airline already offered. And given what she was demanding I'd question whether she put the gum there herself....either intentionally or inadvertently. If she coughed up the money and did sue then you have to find a judge that would even hear the case. I'm guessing most would toss it as frivolous. The airline would probably counter-sue to cover the legal fees.

I'm not a lawyer but am amused at what people assume about the law. I saw a sign on the back of a dump truck one time that said, "Do not follow too closely. We are not responsible for damage caused to your car by something falling off the truck" Not those exact words but words to that affect. And I guess people read that and believe it. But the truck is absolutely liable if something comes off the truck and hits your car! You can go down the road with chit flying off your truck just because you put a sign on your vehicle that says "stay back, we are not liable".

2017-04-20 9:57 AM

User image

Pro

I think that policy got us here in the first place . ..

Exactly why it should be legal.

2017-04-20 9:14 PM
in reply to: #5218155

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
And this is why we can't have nice things. People like that jackass, the idiot married couple and likely hundreds if not thousands of others trying to cash in.
2017-04-21 11:05 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by crowny2

And this is why we can't have nice things. People like that , the idiot married couple and likely hundreds if not thousands of others trying to cash in.

Did you just call me a jackazz?

Edited by mdg2003 2017-04-21 11:05 AM
2017-04-21 11:41 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

And this is why we can't have nice things. People like that , the idiot married couple and likely hundreds if not thousands of others trying to cash in.

No, he said and jackazz.

Funny that in you quote of his post the jacka)ss go censored (because we are all snowflakes and can't write f word but we all know the f word was used when we write f word)
2017-04-21 12:58 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Rogillio

No, he said and jackazz.

Funny that in you quote of his post the jacka)ss go censored (because we are all snowflakes and can't write f word but we all know the f word was used when we write f word)

Ah, this! now I'm really confused.. .

2017-04-21 1:08 PM

User image

Pro

Apparently you can call someone a but it cannot be repeated.

ETA - welp, nevermind......it appears only Crowny can call someone a jarkass.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-04-21 1:10 PM
2017-04-22 11:00 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Maybe it's one of those hidden Silver member perks. .. ….
2017-04-23 4:20 PM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

HA!  That is funny.  Wonder how I was able to get away with it? 

2017-04-24 8:47 AM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Pro

And now American Airlines is manhandling women to get their baby strollers.  Madness in the skies!!  Madness I say!!!

2017-04-24 12:06 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
I think this one is a language barrier issue that the FA mishandled.

I met my MIL at the gate last week and walked her to the curb where my wife picked her up. I was headed back to work and this Asian lady comes up to the exit doors yelling in her native tongue. She's trying to get in the terminal from the outside, through a secure door. She is really upset, waving a ticket around, yelling at security and banging on the glass. I can see through the glass that she has a Delta ticket. Other airline, wrong terminal. I tucked and walked the other way. Normally, I would have tried to get involved and help, regardless of who the passenger is flying. I just didn't see any upside to being seen/filmed in front of the terminal building, in a United uniform, with a screaming Asian lady, TSA and two different branches of airport security.

2017-04-24 12:09 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
2017-04-24 12:37 PM

User image

Pro

I'll be damned.......Ambulance chasers have been replaced by Jet chasers.  I guess it's just the normal evolution. LMAO

2017-04-26 10:06 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
The hits keep on coming. - http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/04/25/simon-giant-rabbit-destine... .

Now we've got bag busters killing giant bunnies.. .
2017-04-26 11:15 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mdg2003 The hits keep on coming. - http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/04/25/simon-giant-rabbit-destine... . Now we've got bag busters killing giant bunnies.. .

You don't need to click on the link, allow me to save you some time...this is all you need to know from the story:

"The airline now faces a legal claim from the Simon’s new owner and former Playboy model Annette, who once had plastic surgery to look like cartoon character Jessica Rabbit."

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! 

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » United Ariline Rss Feed  

of 3