Other Resources The Political Joe » North Korea Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-04-18 8:54 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: North Korea
On Aug 6, 1945 the US dropped a atomic bomb on Hiroshima instantly killing 70,000 people (mostly civilians). Half again as many would die of injuries and radiation. When the Japanese refused to surrender two days later the US dropped a second bomb on Nagasaki. In three day just two bombs killed 225,000 people.

"Terrible thing to kill a man.....you take all he has and all he is ever gonna have."

These bombs were measured in kilotons. ~15 to 20 kilotons. They spit an atom. Technology advanced and now we can split the nucleus of the atom and bombs are measured in terms of megatons. This is 3 orders of magnitude more powerful than was dropped on Hiroshima! (see first paragraph again and mull it over)

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/dprkchron

The NK's are actively testing missiles and it is just a matter of time before the figure out how to make it all work. Rocket science is tricky. So get the energy to make it to exoatmospheric altitude takes a lot of fuel and the canisters to hold that much fuel are too heavy....hence we use two-stage and 3-stage missiles. The complexities of a 3 stage is 10 x more complex than a 2 stage....but again, eventually they will figure it all out and have the capability to launch a missile with a nuclear warhead capable of reaching the US.

To me, this is like watching a spoiled little kid loading a 357 revolver.....as soon as he can he is going to try to shoot someone....

So should the US act preemptively? Keep in mind NK has probably 10,000 artillery guns within range of Seoul SK with a population of 10 million Seoul souls.

I'm sure the guys 5 floors below the Pentagon are working up every possible scenario.....

2017-04-18 9:35 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: RE: North Korea
I'm not buying the concept that the NK jefe is insane. Evil brutal bastage, yes. It takes a lot of power and manipulation of that power to keep a country the size of NK under control. Most of the saber rattling is for the benefit of his own people. There has to be a boogeyman other than the people in power when you've oppressed and entire country for several generations. We are the perfect boogeyman. Why not attack SK? The US has armed forces sitting right there if he truly wanted to attack the great satan! All numbnuts has to do is attack SK and he is in the big fight with the US. The reason he hasn't done this is because the S Koreans would hand him his azz (most likely with minimal US assistance) and open the borders to free the country.
2017-04-18 10:26 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

I'm not buying the concept that the NK jefe is insane. Evil brutal bastage, yes. It takes a lot of power and manipulation of that power to keep a country the size of NK under control. Most of the saber rattling is for the benefit of his own people. There has to be a boogeyman other than the people in power when you've oppressed and entire country for several generations. We are the perfect boogeyman. Why not attack SK? The US has armed forces sitting right there if he truly wanted to attack the great satan! All numbnuts has to do is attack SK and he is in the big fight with the US. The reason he hasn't done this is because the S Koreans would hand him his azz (most likely with minimal US assistance) and open the borders to free the country.

Yeah, I pretty much agree. We have....or used to have a full Army division in SK but many people will die including US servicemen. Personally I think was in inevitable....sooner or later. It's been...what 60 years? And they NKs are just getting move deadly.

I always thought Saddam was an idiot for not complying with the UN resolutions. There was no way he was gonna win a fight with the US. It would be the end of him and his reign. Same is true of that little fat man in NK. If he provokes an attack he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. But that is just logic talking......
2017-04-18 10:47 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by mdg2003 I'm not buying the concept that the NK jefe is insane. Evil brutal bastage, yes. It takes a lot of power and manipulation of that power to keep a country the size of NK under control. Most of the saber rattling is for the benefit of his own people. There has to be a boogeyman other than the people in power when you've oppressed and entire country for several generations. We are the perfect boogeyman. Why not attack SK? The US has armed forces sitting right there if he truly wanted to attack the great satan! All numbnuts has to do is attack SK and he is in the big fight with the US. The reason he hasn't done this is because the S Koreans would hand him his azz (most likely with minimal US assistance) and open the borders to free the country.
Yeah, I pretty much agree. We have....or used to have a full Army division in SK but many people will die including US servicemen. Personally I think was in inevitable....sooner or later. It's been...what 60 years? And they NKs are just getting move deadly. I always thought Saddam was an idiot for not complying with the UN resolutions. There was no way he was gonna win a fight with the US. It would be the end of him and his reign. Same is true of that little fat man in NK. If he provokes an attack he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. But that is just logic talking......

I think this will end poorly.  There is no way we can afford to let NK develop a nuclear armed ICBM.....and they seem determined to keep testing.  In that light, we will end up bombing a facility or two and the little bad-haired midget will then launch rockets at SK.  At that point, it'll become a war. 

2017-04-18 1:39 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
, California

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by mdg2003 I'm not buying the concept that the NK jefe is insane. Evil brutal bastage, yes. It takes a lot of power and manipulation of that power to keep a country the size of NK under control. Most of the saber rattling is for the benefit of his own people. There has to be a boogeyman other than the people in power when you've oppressed and entire country for several generations. We are the perfect boogeyman. Why not attack SK? The US has armed forces sitting right there if he truly wanted to attack the great satan! All numbnuts has to do is attack SK and he is in the big fight with the US. The reason he hasn't done this is because the S Koreans would hand him his azz (most likely with minimal US assistance) and open the borders to free the country.
Yeah, I pretty much agree. We have....or used to have a full Army division in SK but many people will die including US servicemen. Personally I think was in inevitable....sooner or later. It's been...what 60 years? And they NKs are just getting move deadly. I always thought Saddam was an idiot for not complying with the UN resolutions. There was no way he was gonna win a fight with the US. It would be the end of him and his reign. Same is true of that little fat man in NK. If he provokes an attack he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. But that is just logic talking......

I think this will end poorly.  There is no way we can afford to let NK develop a nuclear armed ICBM.....and they seem determined to keep testing.  In that light, we will end up bombing a facility or two and the little bad-haired midget will then launch rockets at SK.  At that point, it'll become a war. 

I agree.  It sucks that there is now a heavy price for neglecting this for way too long.  Not only is Seoul right on the border, but North Korea also has missiles that can easily hit Japan right now.

I think South Korea sort of expects to be able to maintain the status quo.  They've made no moves to secure their people or restrict development in Seoul and spread out.  Too much reliance on the U.S.  China also wants the status quo because they want the North as their buffer pawn.

But I think there is a red line here.  The U.S. isn't going to allow the North to have missiles that can hit the west coast.  I think that's probably true for any U.S. president.  The other countries in the region don't seem to realize that, though.

Edit: I suspect the best outcome will be if we can successfully take out their great leader before they know what's happening.  Then we'll find out if it's war war, or civil war -- depending on how much dissent there is against him right now.

Edited by spudone 2017-04-18 1:40 PM
2017-04-21 10:04 AM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

2017-04-21 12:19 PM
in reply to: spudone

Some of the issue with NK becoming so bold lies in the perception that we are now a pushover on the Global stage. This has occurred slowly but surely over the last 8 years. I think there is a lot of testing going on here, and I don't mean missile testing. Remember the Cuban missile crisis? It's like, who is going to blink first? These are very dangerous times we live in. Countries around the world are getting a taste of Trump, and perhaps we are no longer the apologetic door mat we used to be. I'm not a big fan of Trump by the way, but he is a wild card, and that can demand it's own level of respect. NK has to be thinking, "we really don't know what this buckaroo will do"!
Also, China needs to do the heavy lifting here and get their thumb on the fat little midget.
Just my 2 cents.....
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » North Korea Rss Feed