General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HELP! About to fix my problem with my Garmin scale with a sledgehammer ! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-05-03 2:33 PM

User image

Frankfurt, Hessen
Subject: HELP! About to fix my problem with my Garmin scale with a sledgehammer !
So I've had the Garmin Smart Index Scale for about a year and a half, and i've been using it no problem until about 1 month ago. My flatmate and I decided to switch our contract with our internet provider. Basically it's the same provider, but he took the contract instead of me, cuz i might move out and it was previously in my name. In any case, the guy came and switched the router. Then my flatmate configured the wifi connection. Since then, I have not been able to connect the scale to the wifi. We tried changing up the settings of the wifi, didn't work. Tried changing the batteries, didn't work. Tried to reset the scale, didn't work. Removed the profile from garmin connect and tried reinstalling, didn't work. deleted garmin connect from my phone and reinstalled it, dind't work. Tried my neighbour's connection, worked for the setup, 2nd day didn't work anymore.
The error is always the same, i'll be able to pair via bluetooth to my phone, but when i try to connect to the wifi, it will give me a wrong password notice. that's that. I tried reconnecting to my neighbour's wifi, litteraly next to the router, gave me the incorrect password notification again.
I tried googling a solution, couldn't find anything. I tried calling garmin support center, the guy told me the only thing he could do was send me the manual via email, which he failed even doing that, as i've never received it. As if i couldn't google the manual and hadn't read it from cover to cover. It is frustrating me beyond measure, my blood pressure goes through the roof whenever i think about it, and i'm really about to throw that scale out the window, or beat the out of it with a sledgehammer. I can't make up my mind which option would be the most satisfying, its probably the only reason why it's survived.
I am begging for help, any idea? Anybody ran into a similar problem? I'm losing it, seriously !

2017-05-03 4:23 PM
in reply to: AdonMobin

User image

Davenort, Iowa
Subject: RE: HELP! About to fix my problem with my Garmin scale with a sledgehammer !
I have that scale and had the same issue when I set it up over a year ago. I remember trying everything. It was brand new out of the box and wouldn't connect. If memory serves me correctly, I had to do a factory reset on the scale. I'm sure you have tried that, but it worked for me. Let me know if that doesn't work. Good luck.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HELP! About to fix my problem with my Garmin scale with a sledgehammer ! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Need Some Help: My Garmin Forerunner 210 & HR Monitor Is on The Fritz

Started by TheCrownsOwn
Views: 810 Posts: 4

2016-11-23 5:16 PM brucemorgan

Garmin problems

Started by noelle1230
Views: 1240 Posts: 10

2016-10-31 8:35 PM k9car363

Help me set up my Garmin

Started by PRHTri
Views: 872 Posts: 4