General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A TIP FROM EMILIO: PUT YOUR BICYCLE INSIDE A SMALL CAR BY REMOVING ONLY THE FRONT WHEEL. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-06-06 12:39 PM

User image

Sunny San Diego
Subject: A TIP FROM EMILIO: PUT YOUR BICYCLE INSIDE A SMALL CAR BY REMOVING ONLY THE FRONT WHEEL.

This one-minute video shows you how.  CLICK HERE I put the bicycle in and take it out all in less than one minute. 
If you drive a small SUV or car, including 2-door sedans, you may think your only solution to travel with your bike is on a bike rack. If you are lucky, you may be able to get away with removing both wheels, and placing the bike in the trunk or in back if it is a hatch back. THERE IS AN EASIER WAY! 
This tip works well for the majority of us who spend most of our time driving alone.  

• It will not only save you time, 
  • it will save you money from buying a bike rack,
  • it will protect your bike from the exterior elements like weather and bugs,
  • it will save you from getting your hands dirty with chain lube, 
  • and reduce the risk of not getting that back wheel on perfectly straight, especially if you are traveling to a race. 
  • In addition you can put a cable lock on the bike and lock it to your car seat. If the cable is visible, this is a great way to deter someone from stealing your bike.

More Tips available on our blog here: https://www.desotosport.com/blogs/news 

2017-06-07 9:31 AM
in reply to: Emilio

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: A TIP FROM EMILIO: PUT YOUR BICYCLE INSIDE A SMALL CAR BY REMOVING ONLY THE FRONT WHEEL.

Thanks for the tip Emilio!  

I've had cars (Taurus wagon, Focus hatchback) where I can put my bike inside without removing the wheel and that was a criteria when I went shopping for the Focus (I took my bike with me, and made sure it fit even before test driving the car).  

2017-06-07 9:42 AM
in reply to: McFuzz

User image

Expert
Tyrone, Georgia
Subject: RE: A TIP FROM EMILIO: PUT YOUR BICYCLE INSIDE A SMALL CAR BY REMOVING ONLY THE FRONT WHEEL.
Thanks Emilio

Been packing my Ford Focus hatchback for years now with my bike in it and now my Honda Accord.
2017-06-07 12:40 PM
in reply to: McFuzz

User image

Sunny San Diego

It sounds to me like you have your priorities straight when buying a car!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A TIP FROM EMILIO: PUT YOUR BICYCLE INSIDE A SMALL CAR BY REMOVING ONLY THE FRONT WHEEL. Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

A TIP FROM EMILIO: How to replace the drawcord in your shorts

Started by Emilio
Views: 690 Posts: 1

2017-06-01 2:16 PM Emilio

Inside an ITU race - video

Started by Eric_Lagerstrom
Views: 1176 Posts: 9

2016-07-31 2:36 PM Eric_Lagerstrom

Bicycling tip. Need help understanding it

Started by CarolynS
Views: 1671 Posts: 10